No Members and 51 Guests

Bullying on this forum

This thread currently has 7,469 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFC1994
July 27, 2012, 10:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Something related to this, is the 'abuse' I got when I broke the news that we was signing Sam Hatton and a left back soon after. Afaik I was the first to break this news, but no-one believed that it would be true, and most people thought that I was infact Aaron, so I didn't bother coming back on here until now, due to me believing that if I broke anymore news, no-one else would believe me that it would be true, so I just keep the news to myself now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
barralad
July 27, 2012, 10:50am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from aaron rattray
It seems to me that the older people are more liked than the younger people, some people post good posts and still get ridiculed and sometimes it is them who turns it from a football thread to a nonsense thread but like they are the first people to moan

Well Aaron I have no idea how old the vast majority of posters on here are-do you?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
supertown
July 27, 2012, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,487
Gold Stars: 53
To me it appears that a certain few posters or people cannot do anything right.  They are villified by anonymous keyboard warriers, spouting bile, hatred and abuse, and its getting worse.

Suppose Les Brechin, or Grimsby Pete had said some of the things that Karen Stevens has said (allegedly)
Or Grim Rob, Big Chris come out with the same stuff as our resident Barrymore tribute act.
Say Wrawbs, Barralad said the same as Realityman,
Would they have recieved the same aggression and bullying? some of it is quite personal, and in its own right offensive.

Now I am all for a bit of banter, difference of opinions, and discussion or debate, but to me no matter what some people say they are bullied.  One on one discussion is different, but this can be 20-30 people getting onto one person.
Okay So some people spout crap, I am not condoning any sort of discriminatory abuse, Aaron does say some stupid stuff, but he also comes out with some sensible and well thought out points, but all he gets is abuse.
Realityman really winds me up with his I know something you dont know drivel, but does he deserve all the crap he gets given.  
Karen Stevens may not be the brightest candle in the box, and she may have said something she now regrets in the heat of a bit of banter, but is she the she devil reincarnate?

I am getting rather concerned about the level of abuse levelled at some posters, and could this not be classed as discrimination, in respect of I dont agree with you so i am going to give you grief.

Cant you all live and let live and tolerate other peoples views and opinions, even if they are crap.  You dont have to abuse people.

Think on people.

well this line doesnt help your cause!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
aaron rattray
July 27, 2012, 11:09am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from barralad

Well Aaron I have no idea how old the vast majority of posters on here are-do you?

No but I've seen posts from most people like " i was there in 1964 to watch this game" for example

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
upthestripes
July 27, 2012, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from siy2k5

You read the WI forum? You big jessy

lol. Yep I'm saggy80085 on there, I'm the 'lady' that organised the calendar shoot and they were all impressed with my enthusiasm   

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
supertown
July 27, 2012, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,487
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from davmariner

Ahhh good old Spoony. How's his burnt tackle?

Its not normal to ask about another blokes tackle  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
cmackenzie4
July 27, 2012, 11:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.21
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from barralad

I relate to most of the sentiments in this post. Technically as Moosey says I'm not sure you CAN bully a user name. I only know a handful of the posters on here personally and have found them to be without exception decent folk. There are a lot of people that I don't relate to but given that I'm in my fifties and a lot of them are my grandchildrens age that isn't really surprising!! I get frustrated when people spoil decent threads with nonsense but the point is in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter. I long ago accepted that I have views that a lot of people don't like. It's a waste of effort trying to either convince people that I'm right or getting upset because people have the temerity to hold another view. These people have no effect on my life as I have no effect on theirs. Neither of us will fret about that.
It's close season-always a bad time for decent threads but in my opinion this board still has a great deal going for it. Some of the humour on here has me regularly laughing out loud and the insight into the game of football that some posters have is terrific. Long Live The Fishy....

Well said Ian.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
porkies
July 27, 2012, 12:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1
I Googled the definitions of 'a bully' and 'to bully'. The former reads :' A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.' The latter : 'To use superior strength or influence to intimidate someone, typically to force him or her to do what one wants.' So are those complaining of bullying on this site admitting that they are 'weaker'? I would contend that bullying cannot take place on a message board if those definitions are used. Man-up guys [and gals]. Either fight back [verbally] or use the most effective weapon against bullies ... ignore them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2012, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,292
Gold Stars: 187
Of course somebody can be bullied over the internet - I thought we'd moved on from the nonsense of 'Sticks and stones'. As for 'If you're bullied you must be weak' - that sounds like a defence of bullying to me. The OP is absolutely correct in that people are targeted for abuse on here whilst others are effectively immune. I've seen threads where three or four people state a similar opinion which is ignored or agreed with only for the next poster to be shot-down for a similar position simply because of who they are.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 111
ginnywings
July 27, 2012, 1:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Of course somebody can be bullied over the internet - I thought we'd moved on from the nonsense of 'Sticks and stones'. As for 'If you're bullied you must be weak' - that sounds like a defence of bullying to me. The OP is absolutely correct in that people are targeted for abuse on here whilst others are effectively immune. I've seen threads where three or four people state a similar opinion which is ignored or agreed with only for the next poster to be shot-down for a similar position simply because of who they are.

Agree with this.

Also agree with the poster (Tommy?) who said the fishy has worsened over the last year or two. I don't post on here much at all now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bullying on this forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.