Rodley Mariner
May 16, 2012, 5:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from forza ivano

this is sort of the point i'm trying to make andy/rodley. i can understand why hodgson has picked this unimaginative, under achieving, over rated bunch coz he hasn't got any time to do anything else. i just hope and pray that after our inevitable quarter final exit he revamps the squad with a bunch of players who can at least control, pass and keep possession of the ball.

Who is there coming through with that ability though? It's a shame Wilshere isn't fit but who do you think he could have picked with more time/imagination that would have seen us anywhere near Spain, Germany or France in terms of technical ability?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 123
Bullitt
May 16, 2012, 5:15pm
Guest User
Bottom line is until we stop playing overpaid foreigners over English youth in our league we are going nowhere, hell maybe if some of our players branched out and played in other top European leagues we would have some players living up to their potential.
Reply: 81 - 123
Rodley Mariner
May 16, 2012, 5:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
If English youngsters were good enough they'd still make it. The truth is that we're just not producing players with the technical ability that the top nations do. At youth level emphasis is still placed upon being big and strong, getting the ball forward and winning not about developing technical skills.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 123
forza ivano
May 16, 2012, 5:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,298
Gold Stars: 266
to my mind hart, cole, wilshire,oxlade-chamberlain,young, phil jones,micah richards, parker, wellbeck, rooney would be the main stays plus probably cahill, who seems to be getting better all the time. i'd be very interested in looking at 1 or 2 of the norwich and swansea players who have shown that they have the ability to pass and play. in center halves i'd be looking at a jonathan woodgate type player

posted this before. i'd be interested to know from people like martinez or even avb who they have seen in the premiership or even championship who they think is technically good, even if they aren't a regular.i wouldn't mind having a look at joe cole again, now that he's had a good few months with lille
i understand ross berkley and jack rodwell are well thought of.i know he's too old but always thought danny murphy looks the sort of player who'd have done well abroad and internationally
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 123
supertown
May 16, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,480
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from 2075

But when he does get a chance he does sweet fa, hence why he never holds down his place, its refreshing to see a squad without Heskey in though, finally.

really, 11 goals in 23 appearences is fab
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 123
supertown
May 16, 2012, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,480
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Whereas Sturridge has been playing at a club with equally stiff competition. Go with players who are in form.

Milner is good as a utility player as well.

you have argued against yourself here, 'go with players that are in form' but then you seem to agree with Milner who doesnt play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 123
Bullitt
Guest User
Quoted from supertown

really, 11 goals in 23 appearences is fab

Nah still not good enough for me, he should score loads more, 50+.
Reply: 86 - 123
Maringer
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Carrick would be worth several goals this summer if he had been selected.

Several goals for the opposition, obviously. Whenever he's played at international level (and often in the Chumps League), he gets dispossessed in midfield a couple of times each game as he dithers around.

I also can't believe that some people think that recalling Scholes would be a good idea. He's done decently as part of a rather pedestrian Manyoo midfield after coming out of retirement but he's a huge distance away from international level these days.

Hodgson's mostly picked the right players, Downing being the daftest one. Otherwise, he really didn't have much of a choice to select from, especially up front and in midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 123
voice of reason
May 16, 2012, 5:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Les Brechin
Hodgson taking Terry and dropping Ferdinand. Very contwoversial.

What a joke les, top marks to you...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 123
marinerian
May 16, 2012, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
France are shite......they are not the team from 98.

People are jumping on the negative bandwagon.

Give the team a chane.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England Squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.