Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL

This thread currently has 11,886 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 17, 2012, 7:57pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from southernmariner
Jack Lesters solo goal away at Fulham in the play off 1st leg,

Dave Smith scored Town's goal in that game.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
Phillycheese
May 17, 2012, 9:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
There's 3 that stick in my mind. The first two are by the great man Big Keith Alexander. Number 1, 8th November 1988, my 14th bithday and Town are at home against Doncaster on a Tuesday night, we whooped them 5-0 and Keith's was fantastic. The ball went here there and everywhere but stayed with him before stroking it into the Pontoon net. The second was a few weeks later against Scarborough, picking the ball up by the Mainstand and with defender in tow he cut diagonally towards the Pontoon, into the area, past the out stretched keeper before rolling the ball into the net ( I still have the pictures from the telegraph of it) BRILLIANT. Number 3, Garry Birtles against Coventry when they came top from Division 1 and got whooped 3-1 in the Littlewoods Cup. Oh happy, happy days.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 3:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from kingofthekippers
The Bonetti goal against West Brom. It was the only time I can recall the ground shaking when we cheered. The ET published a photograph of Bonetti kicking the ball with the Lower Stones in the background and right in the centre of the picture was me and my dad. I bought a copy of the photo from the Telewag, framed it and it stood centre-stage for many a year but it 'disappeared' in a house move (that'll be the ex - she never liked football).

I wish I still had it as the old man died some years ago.

Was only watching that on an old video tape last night.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 3:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Dave Smith scored Town's goal in that game.

Just about to post the very same.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 3:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
I think I remember Andy Parkinson scoring a great solo goal at home to Yeovil and Ashley Sestanovich scoring a similar one at Yeovil in the same season.

I think Andy Parkinson's was goal of the season that season with the convict's coming second if i remember correctly.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerian
The Doncadter own goal in the JPT at BP

Wasn't there a cracking own goal from a Wolves player in the Osmond end, I think we beat them 4-1 that day.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerian

Other goals include Macca Versus Norwhich in the FA CUP 1998- A rare goal but his celebration showed what it meant

UTM

A good goal but not as good as the goal he scored at Bradford late on when I think we lost in the FA Cup 2-1
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
ponnyfan
November 13, 2012, 9:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Andy Parkinson against Lincoln on a cold wintry snowy night or Ciaron Toner against Carlisle on an equally cold November afternoon. Both very memorable goals for me.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
RonMariner
November 14, 2012, 1:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jock dock tower
Joe Waters vs Sheffield United 1979-80 promotion season from the old 3rd division to the 2nd. The game is best remembered for Kevin Drinkell's hat trick, but Joe scored a goal in the 2nd half that he started roundabout the halfway line, went on a mazy dribble and shot home from inside the area. Absolutely amazing goal, and as good as any I'd ever seen at BP. Throw in the fact it was  a game we had to win, against a team that had led the division for long periods before falling away spectacularly, and a near 20,000 crowd and cue MAYHEM. never, ever, forget that one. What about you Barralad?

That game was televised, so hopefully someone has it on VHS and can up load it to You Tube.

Any takers???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.