Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL

This thread currently has 11,885 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
May 16, 2012, 2:12am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Not a solo goal but Burnett against Stockport, Boxing day 2000. Absolute belter  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Biccys
May 16, 2012, 8:22am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from kingofthekippers
The Bonetti goal against West Brom. It was the only time I can recall the ground shaking when we cheered. The ET published a photograph of Bonetti kicking the ball with the Lower Stones in the background and right in the centre of the picture was me and my dad. I bought a copy of the photo from the Telewag, framed it and it stood centre-stage for many a year but it 'disappeared' in a house move (that'll be the ex - she never liked football).

I wish I still had it as the old man died some years ago.

Contact the ET. They keep archives that you can buy. They're BOUND to have that one. I think I'm right in saying you can browse the archives and order online? Someone else may be able to point you in the right direction.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 58
newfootballer
May 16, 2012, 8:44am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have two great memories,

1.  Dave Boylen outjumping a 6 ft  7 in  centre half to head in from edge of the box,

2.  Ron Cockerill 30yd thunderbolt against a gale force wind at home to Leeds,

It happened I was there I think it was against Oldham facing the Pontoon
NEWFOOTBALLER

I think I might have dreamt the 1st one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Meza
May 16, 2012, 9:06am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
There are alot of good goals but I have 2 favourites.  1st Jim Dobbin vs Newcastle at St James totally stunned the home crowd with a Bullit from 30 yards.  And Garry Birtles freekick against Coventry in the cup at home.  It was inch perfect from Birtles I was stood on the bar behind the goal and he curled it in right into the top corner I think we won 1-0 but lost 3-0 in the 2nd leg.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
brigg_mariner
May 16, 2012, 9:27am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
2 goals stand out for me, Jevons @ Anfield and Donovan @ Turf Moor to send us to Wembley for the first time in our history.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Les Brechin
May 16, 2012, 9:38am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
All these goals being mentioned are superb goals but people are still missing Dave's original point. I think he should maybe have put best SOLO goal. He's really looking for goals a bit like Maradona's (legitimate) goal in the World Cup against England, where one player has beaten several players on a run before scoring rather than solitary strikes.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
Meza
May 16, 2012, 10:39am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Good point les can't remember the game but I know it was at home Michael Reddys solo goal.  I think it was a corner for the opposition and we cleared the ball to Reddy (I think one of slades tactics) deep into the half way line and beat 3 players before placing the ball into the bottom left corner, well from what I can remember what my mate said.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
Les Brechin
May 16, 2012, 10:58am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
I think I remember Andy Parkinson scoring a great solo goal at home to Yeovil and Ashley Sestanovich scoring a similar one at Yeovil in the same season.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
jock dock tower
May 16, 2012, 8:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Joe Waters vs Sheffield United 1979-80 promotion season from the old 3rd division to the 2nd. The game is best remembered for Kevin Drinkell's hat trick, but Joe scored a goal in the 2nd half that he started roundabout the halfway line, went on a mazy dribble and shot home from inside the area. Absolutely amazing goal, and as good as any I'd ever seen at BP. Throw in the fact it was  a game we had to win, against a team that had led the division for long periods before falling away spectacularly, and a near 20,000 crowd and cue MAYHEM. never, ever, forget that one. What about you Barralad?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
Abdul19
May 16, 2012, 9:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,554
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from aaron rattray
Michael boulding against Crystal palace?

Yeah, that was a cracker.

Jack Lester against the Sun readers favourite El Tel's Palace in 1998. Stuck Dean Austin into the lower Findus on halfway, ran a bit, cut inside onto his right foot, and slammed it into the bottom corner. An atypical excellent finish from Super Jack for us, it has to be said.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › YOUR FAVOURITE INDIVUEL G.T.F.C. GOAL

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.