Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thankyou Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Thankyou Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 12,043 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
April 29, 2012, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

if woods had been left in charge we would have flirted with relegation this season il give you a quote from a player at the club (whos no longer withus) "hes a really good guy who knows his stuff but just cannot command the respect of the players"

What a stupid statement.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 167
ska face
April 29, 2012, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,823
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from voice of reason

Me too... The one that finishes higher in the league... Now which one was that?

Can we just maintain a semblence of commom sense and remember that Woods was sacked mid-season - he never finished a season in this division.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 167
TAGG
April 29, 2012, 12:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from mariner91

Finished higher in a weaker league. We have a lot more points this year than we did last year and have scored a lot more goals.

The fact is we failed yet again  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 167
voice of reason
April 29, 2012, 12:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

See what you mean and I'm not ignoring it, just use a different set of benchmarks to measure progress.

Not sure if we were in such a great place when Woods got the bullet.
Personally I think we've got problems but most of them are off the field and don't read much into whether we finish 7th or 11th after the playoffs are over.
I found yesterday a bit disappointing because we always seem to perform poorly when we stick on an offer - maybe the players are gonna be flat but I'd have thought we'd have treated it like a cup final and avoided all this.

Sorry, wasn't specifically pointing to you...

But yeah I agree, things wasn't great when Woods was sacked... We deffo needed to improve but my point is, most of the people on here was shouting for Woods to be sacked but now they are saying the sun shines out of these two's arses, when arguably, they have taken us to a worse place than Woods did...

I know there was are other factors, like the financial package is less this season etc but it is still good enough to be doing better than we are...

Dapperz, i'm not sure I would read too much into players quotes - you also quoted a player as saying something like, these two will bring success etc... Well there isn't much sign of that yet is there? not even any progress, well not in my eyes anyway...

We still have a team, that, despite one good run is very inconsistant from game to game, a poor midfield, a lack of creativity, a lack of belief, a lack of ideas and a management team that, no longer just stands on the touchline with his arms folded but instead jumps around shouting at everybody acting like a complete twit, embarassing the club and probably costing us fines, oh and yeah, it still gets us nowhere....

Rob Scott would have us believe it's passion and some fans have been sucked into that, I would call it a lack of self control...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 167
voice of reason
April 29, 2012, 12:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Can we just maintain a semblence of commom sense and remember that Woods was sacked mid-season - he never finished a season in this division.

Mid season? really?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 167
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2012, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
[quote=932]

What a stupid statement.[/quot

imo we would have struggled big time with woods in charge and the reason is he didnt lose his players/team he never actually had them in the first place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 167
ska face
April 29, 2012, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,823
Gold Stars: 854
Unless that season finished in February?

If you want a real comparison, then at the same point we were 6th this season.

What does that prove? intercourse all, either way.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 167
mariner91
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,804
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from TAGG

The fact is we failed yet again  

Yes that is true. However, there is a basis of a decent team to build on. Our defence and goalkeeper are fairly strong. We have one or two half decent midfielders and a couple of good strikers who can get us goals. Certainly much better than the position we were in this time last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 167
voice of reason
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
[quote=932]

What a stupid statement.[/quot

imo we would have struggled big time with woods in charge and the reason is he didnt lose his players/team he never actually had them in the first place

Maybe says more about the players than him... Still they was his players...

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 167
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2012, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from voice of reason

Sorry, wasn't specifically pointing to you...

But yeah I agree, things wasn't great when Woods was sacked... We deffo needed to improve but my point is, most of the people on here was shouting for Woods to be sacked but now they are saying the sun shines out of these two's arses, when arguably, they have taken us to a worse place than Woods did...

I know there was are other factors, like the financial package is less this season etc but it is still good enough to be doing better than we are...

Dapperz, i'm not sure I would read too much into players quotes - you also quoted a player as saying something like, these two will bring success etc... Well there isn't much sign of that yet is there? not even any progress, well not in my eyes anyway...

We still have a team, that, despite one good run is very inconsistant from game to game, a poor midfield, a lack of creativity, a lack of belief, a lack of ideas and a management team that, no longer just stands on the touchline with his arms folded but instead jumps around shouting at everybody acting like a complete twit, embarassing the club and probably costing us fines, oh and yeah, it still gets us nowhere....

Rob Scott would have us believe it's passion and some fans have been sucked into that, I would call it a lack of self control...

i still believe these 2 will bring success and progress as been made i dont think you realise what a farce the club was,of course i want it quick like everybody but a decade of sh1te (bar 1 yr)isnt goint to change over night and as much as it pains me mike newell (spit) was right about one thing the club had a deep rooted negative vibe running right through it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thankyou Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.