17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
May 3, 2012, 3:55pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

See, I don't get this. You will call yourself a true fan but won't go to games because of who owns the club, it shouldn't matter who owns the club. You have chosen to support Grimsby Town, not John Fenty. Nobody is asking you to sit next to him and buy him a half time pint just that you come along and support the club you claim to support. It's not really difficult & I don't understand the logic in boycotting games unless you cannot make it or afford it.

Not just me then....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 150 - 167
MuddyWaters
May 3, 2012, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pontoonlew

See, I don't get this. You will call yourself a true fan but won't go to games because of who owns the club, it shouldn't matter who owns the club. You have chosen to support Grimsby Town, not John Fenty. Nobody is asking you to sit next to him and buy him a half time pint just that you come along and support the club you claim to support. It's not really difficult & I don't understand the logic in boycotting games unless you cannot make it or afford it.

Not that I have to explain but - I've supported Town for over 40 years, GTFC is in my blood. There were plenty of games, even seasons, when the club struggled but you always believed that the Chairman, the managers and the players cared about the club. Over the past 5 - 10 years, I don't believe that to be the case.

There are countless examples of games in that period where we haven't looked bothered. We've changed managers, players, squads, shirts and we still don't really look bothered. There have been numerous bad decisions - Slade (twice), Rodger, Humberside/Compass, Newell and the farcical statements the week before, the Devon tournament. All I will say is that I post on here because I care, with a passion, about GTFC. I'm a member of the Trust because I care about GTFC. But I reserve the right to go when I want and not be blindly obsessed with the belief that things are going to turn round any time soon - though I would love to believe that they will.

If, in your eyes, that makes me less of a Town fan than you, that's fine.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 167
newfootballer
May 3, 2012, 5:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
[quote=1122]

Not that I have to explain but - I've supported Town for over 40 years, GTFC is in my blood. There were plenty of games, even seasons, when the club struggled but you always believed that the Chairman, the managers and the players cared about the club. Over the past 5 - 10 years, I don't believe that to be the case.

There are countless examples of games in that period where we haven't looked bothered. We've changed managers, players, squads, shirts and we still don't really look bothered. There have been numerous bad decisions - Slade (twice), Rodger, Humberside/Compass, Newell and the farcical statements the week before, the Devon tournament. All I will say is that I post on here because I care, with a passion, about GTFC. I'm a member of the Trust because I care about GTFC. But I reserve the right to go when I want and not be blindly obsessed with the belief that things are going to turn round any time soon - though I would love to believe that they will.

Mystery though why you do not support your team physically at Blundel Park or even away games, surely that means if you do not see the majority of the games you cannot give a fair opinion of how Town are playing
NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 167
MuddyWaters
May 3, 2012, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
[

Mystery though why you do not support your team physically at Blundel Park or even away games, surely that means if you do not see the majority of the games you cannot give a fair opinion of how Town are playing
NEWFOOTBALLER

[/quote]

Not much of a mystery. We beat the teams below and take very few points off the teams challenging for the play-offs. Therefore we are a mid-table non-league club which surprisingly is exactly what we were 12 months ago as oppose to mid table Championship which is what we were 12 years ago.
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 167
headingly_mariner
May 3, 2012, 6:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Let me just ask this question in relation to John Fenty. Why has nobody come forward to get involved in replacing John Fenty and his board, you might say that Mike Parker put himself forward, and to me that is a mystery of what happened, but he is the only one person to put his name forward to get involved with the club.

How many Millionaires have we in Grimsby Cleethorpes and the surrounding areas, there is a quite a few lottery winners in this region as well.

What I am saying is this there seems to be be a lack of interest in indivuels or Companies wanting to get involved in Grimsby Town.

If I won the lottery, straight away I would invest in the purchasing of different players just to get us out of this horrible league.
But that is me, it will never happen of course I mean the winning of the lottery.

So to reality the non league sector next year hopefully for the last season.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Have you ever thought this might be because nobody wants to work with the current board?

The clubs debt to fenty stops people taking it on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 167
Rob_in_Grimsby
May 3, 2012, 6:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Have you ever thought this might be because nobody wants to work with the current board?

The clubs debt to fenty stops people taking it on!

Both the other two members of the board said at the last AGM that they would stand down if somene else wanted to come on the board, The current company rules state that they need a min of 3 board members on the board not allowing the other two to leave.

What you cant seem to understand there  is not a single person hiding in the wings ready to swoop to invest in this club.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 167
newfootballer
May 3, 2012, 7:26pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Both the other two members of the board said at the last AGM that they would stand down if somene else wanted to come on the board, The current company rules state that they need a min of 3 board members on the board not allowing the other two to leave.

What you cant seem to understand there  is not a single person hiding in the wings ready to swoop to invest in this club.

So there you go that last line says it all, and there are people on this site wanting John Fenty to get out of the club.

Granted there are people who pretend to be interested in putting money in the club but the facts are John Fenty and Mike Parker are the only two people who in recent years have put money in the club.

NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 167
headingly_mariner
May 3, 2012, 7:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
[/b]

So there you go that last line says it all, and there are people on this site wanting John Fenty to get out of the club.

Granted there are people who pretend to be interested in putting money in the club but the facts are John Fenty and Mike Parker are the only two people who in recent years have put money in the club.

NEWFOOTBALLER

No it doesn't really. the current situation just proves we are massively unattractive at the minute. I fenty walked away and wrote off the debt someone would take the club on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 167
realityman
May 3, 2012, 8:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
People on here are all passionate in their own ways, the difference is that some are settling for what they have got because they are afraid, afraid of losing their club, but with this chairman you are losing your club by its 'drip drip drip' of a slow death. Have you ever asked yourselves why parker would put money into the club (1.25 million) and walk away? lets put it this way ---- someone must have upset him an awful lot to lose that amount of money without him making a fight of it. parker puts money into the club his way,  through shares, and loses the lot as shares have no value,  but a certain individual puts money into the club in the form of loans and the club are beholding to him, and he also retains the value of his loans which are underpinned by the value of the stadium which the club owns. Now I know that i would not put money into a club which has seen a very loyal supporter (parker) become so disenchanted. I first went to a match in 1956 and have seen more games than most of you and i have never felt more ashamed of being a gtfc supporter. I want this club to succeed, i want this club to be competitive but i cannot see this happening under this regime. Life is not just about survival, but it is about what you achieve, something i am afraid a lot of people have forgotton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 167
Marinerz93
May 3, 2012, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
[/b]

NEWFOOTBALLER

I don't want him to get out of the club Dave, I want him to run the club properly and not saddle us with his mistakes in the form of benign loans.  Don't forget Dave that JF could have paid the tax debt back and the money Ramsden wanted then paid himself back over several years at a cost the club could afford.  Instead the club paid back the tax man at the same time we paid JF back in £150K plus installments over several seasons.  That coupled with his and the boards appointments and firings every season allowed JF to do what he wanted with the club footing the bill.

MP left the boardroom stating that certain promised changes weren't taking place and he highlighted the cosmetic problem of benign loans that puts off potential investors.  

Consider this Dave.
You take part in a joint venture, you both agree to invest a set amount.  You invest your agreed amount in full but your partner holds off in investing his.  He then says oh hang on, you own more of this venture than me, you have to buy me out, rule 9 says so and by the way I loaned the venture £3 million, so saying as you own the venture you can pay me that £3 million, I'll have it in 50's please.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thankyou Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.