jimgtfc
April 23, 2012, 11:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17812635

Sorry if mentioned before. Not a surprise.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mingmariner
April 23, 2012, 11:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -1
In other news man lands on the moon alledgedly!! Sorry Jim.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 128
jimgtfc
April 23, 2012, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mingmariner
In other news man lands on the moon alledgedly!! Sorry Jim.

The story was only posted on the BBC Sport website just over an hour ago. I didn't know about it so thought others might not too.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 128
Mingmariner
April 23, 2012, 12:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -1
There is a thread mate a couple of places below.....Sorry but couldnt resist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 128
SkegFan
April 23, 2012, 10:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Bad news I think. Some think Coulson is a bit indifferent in his performances. However I maintain that he wouldn't be getting England C call ups if he wasn't one of the best players at our level.

I would also ask this. If we can't offer him enough money to stay, who else is there out there that we can sign that is going to be any better than Coulson? I would say nobody for the money we offering Coulson. This is a worry as I can see him being snapped up and coming back to haunt us like so many of the other players that have done this over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 128
TownSNAFU5
April 23, 2012, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,893
Gold Stars: 42
Coulson has shown indifferent form, like nearly all wingers.  If he leaves his number of assists and goals will be hard to replace.  He would be missed next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 128
80sglory
April 23, 2012, 10:48pm
Guest User
Understand why Coulo didn't play if he turned down a contract.

But a bit confused why Scott largely only played those contracted to the club for next season vs Telford.

Shouldn't he have been looking at those OUT of contract to help him make his mind up ?

Not saying he should do it for Southport because a win there is arguably important.
But it seems like a small opportunity lost (unless he's already made his mind up).

So call me a cynic but how about the theory he's already made his mind up but doesn't want to play many of the players who are gonna be leaving just in case they shine ?....
Reply: 6 - 128
Tommy
April 23, 2012, 10:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Can see your point 80's about wanting to see the players that are out of contract in a couple of months....

...but I think they would have seen enough over the season in training and in matches (everyone seems to have had a fair enough chance) to make a judgement.

One or two good performances in the last couple of games wouldn't persuade me to change my mind and want to keep someone that i had already deemed not part of the plans.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 128
aaron rattray
April 23, 2012, 10:58pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from 1600
Understand why Coulo didn't play if he turned down a contract.

But a bit confused why Scott largely only played those contracted to the club for next season vs Telford.

Shouldn't he have been looking at those OUT of contract to help him make his mind up ?

Not saying he should do it for Southport because a win there is arguably important.
But it seems like a small opportunity lost (unless he's already made his mind up).

So Anthony church is contracted to the club for next season is he?

So call me a cynic but how about the theory he's already made his mind up but doesn't want to play many of the players who are gonna be leaving just in case they shine ?....

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 128
Marinerz93
April 23, 2012, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Tommy
Can see your point 80's about wanting to see the players that are out of contract in a couple of months....

...but I think they would have seen enough over the season in training and in matches (everyone seems to have had a fair enough chance) to make a judgement.

One or two good performances in the last couple of games wouldn't persuade me to change my mind and want to keep someone that i had already deemed not part of the plans.

Good points Tommy, may I also add that how many players have only performed when it's contract renewal time.  One player who I don't think who has enough game time and could be a threat is KHM, he should have played against Darlington as I believe his pace would have caused problems.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 128
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson rejects deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.