This thread currently has 10,680 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Billybigbollox
April 27, 2012, 3:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
Wish Coulson all the luck and hope he does well..........But we replaced AC with Hearn so lets just see
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 128
Mariners_15
April 27, 2012, 5:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Remember when Connell came out with all the bullshit but after he went it came out he was asking for a move for upto 7 months previous? Everyone is slagging off the club but at the end of the day there is no loyalty anymore, thanks for the effort Coulo but even by his own admission it wasn't a massive pay cut so if he'd have really wanted to stay I'm sure he could have nudged a little bit...goodbye Coulo..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 128
gobby
April 28, 2012, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I can't see anything wrong in the way he's conducted himself. If I got offered my current job but on less money but knew I could join a better performing company with better prospects on more money I'd be off. Likewise, if the club have offered what they can sensibly afford and it's not enough then I think it's the right thing for the club to let him leave. Not all departures have to be acrimonious or somebody's fault. He's contributed more to the team than pretty much anybody over the past 3 years and however excrement those years have been he can leave with his head up as far as I'm concerned.

Would you leave your current position in the hope of getting a better paid job? Or would you take a wage cut whilst securing a better job? Footballers do not have this option so IMO its a gamble they take unless an offer comes in before your contract expires.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 128
Welwynmariner
April 28, 2012, 8:01am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Coulson simply needs to look at what happened to Connell - stepped up a league and has ended up in a promotion winning side. Or Atkinson for that matter.

He got offered a pay cut and it's quite simple. If you don't respect yourself - don't expect anyone else to do so - particularly your employer.

Sad loss imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 128
topuphere666
April 28, 2012, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Welwynmariner
Coulson simply needs to look at what happened to Connell - stepped up a league and has ended up in a promotion winning side. Or Atkinson for that matter.

He got offered a pay cut and it's quite simple. If you don't respect yourself - don't expect anyone else to do so - particularly your employer.

Sad loss imho

Well said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 128
psgmariner
April 28, 2012, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Sad loss imho

Just to be pedantic Atkinson has not played much this season and has just been released.

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 128
psgmariner
April 28, 2012, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Sad loss imho

Just to be pedantic Atkinson has not played much this season and has just been released.

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 128
Belfast Town
April 28, 2012, 12:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from psgmariner

Wow. I didn't know that.  Just shows the risk Coulo is taking - tough decision for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 128
Mariner Ronnie
April 28, 2012, 4:31pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
John Tondeur's tweeted that there's an interesting interview with Coulson this evening and that he left "with a nasty taste"

he didn't have one of them burgers from the burger van did he?  

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 128
Mighty_Mariner
April 28, 2012, 7:21pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from psgmariner

Serves the girl private right!

Just out if interest would anyone have Rob back?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Coulson rejects deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.