forza ivano
March 21, 2012, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
http://www.bricklayersarmsluton.co.uk/

the only decent pub within about a 5 mile radius of the cultural desert that is Luton & Dunstable.
Nice, friendly boozer 100m up the hill from the station. there's generally a bit of parking in the side streets and it's only a 10 minute walk across the wasteland of central pakistan/luton to get to the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
MyDogsThoughts
March 21, 2012, 3:43pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Batemans XB is their regular Bitter: sounds a grand place.

Sadly my wife and my good self are on a Real Ale bus trip around 'The Black Country' this Saturday. The dubiuos delights of Luton will therefore be missed.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 65
moosey_club
March 21, 2012, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,329
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Batemans XB is their regular Bitter: sounds a grand place.

Sadly my wife and my good self are on a Real Ale bus trip around 'The Black Country' this Saturday. The dubiuos delights of Luton will therefore be missed.

Dogs can get married?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 5:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
http://www.bricklayersarmsluton.co.uk/

the only decent pub within about a 5 mile radius of the cultural desert that is Luton & Dunstable.
Nice, friendly boozer 100m up the hill from the station. there's generally a bit of parking in the side streets and it's only a 10 minute walk across the wasteland of central pakistan/luton to get to the ground

Central pakistan? Wtf!  the most shameful thing about luton imo is that it is the birthplace of the edl not its cultural diversity! Rise above it dont plumb those depths ffs!
Reply: 3 - 65
forza ivano
March 21, 2012, 5:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 1054

Central pakistan? Wtf!  the most shameful thing about luton imo is that it is the birthplace of the edl not its cultural diversity! Rise above it dont plumb those depths ffs!

you obviously haven't walked from the bricklayers to kenilworth road - not too much racial diversity on show for the whole mile and a half!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 65
pontoonlew
March 21, 2012, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from 1054

And not the birth place of one (maybey two?) or the 7/7 bombers and several radical Muslim hate clerics? Hmm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 5:57pm
Guest User
Yes. . . there are racial tensions in luton. but then thete would be considering the poverty and that 8% are pakistani; 4% indian, 4% bangladeshi, 68 % whute.  a town where over 100 languages are spoken!
Reply: 6 - 65
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 5:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
Rise above it dont plumb those depths ffs!

Just choked on my cuppa reading that !  

Don't worry RBOH, I'm modelling my own behaviour on yours from now on.  
Reply: 7 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 6:13pm
Guest User
I might plumb some depths but i kinda pride myself on not being a bigot!
Reply: 8 - 65
Mariner_501
March 21, 2012, 6:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from pontoonlew

And not the birth place of one (maybey two?) or the 7/7 bombers and several radical Muslim hate clerics? Hmm.

Don't let the facts get in the way, you racist!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 65
hook line and sinker
March 21, 2012, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
how many we reckon then? i'm still in two minds to go or not,train seems far to expensive but may still go via that option cba to drive it and parking not all that good i believe? feeling around the town is we cant do it and its all but over, i feel if we can get the support going again we can defy the odds and make the play offs. FREE COACHES MR FENTY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
March 21, 2012, 6:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
Yes. . . there are racial tensions in luton. but then thete would be considering the poverty and that 8% are pakistani; 4% indian, 4% bangladeshi, 68 % whute.  a town where over 100 languages are spoken!

Just goes to show mulitcultural intergration does not and will never work, thank intercourse for grimsby.
Reply: 11 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 7:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

Just goes to show mulitcultural intergration does not and will never work, thank intercourse for grimsby.

I think you completely missed my point.  Social problems whether they be unemployment, housing, health,drug abuse, racial tensions are always related to poverty. . . something that links luton and grimsby 100%
Reply: 12 - 65
March 21, 2012, 7:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

I think you completely missed my point.  Social problems whether they be unemployment, housing, health,drug abuse, racial tensions are always related to poverty. . . something that links luton and grimsby 100%

I would think if you popped on to the luton forum and asked the people of luton if the racial tension in the town was down to poverty i think you may be told to intercourse off.
Saying racial tension in the city is down to poverty is just a cop out, what do you define as poverty anyway? because for me poverty is living in squaler with no food and fresh water medicine etc.
I would say to and to speak broadly, the tension has been caused by the radical muslim element in the city that are hell bent on changeing the way of life that the people in luton have lived for generations.

Reply: 13 - 65
hook line and sinker
March 21, 2012, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
who gives a f*ck we are only there for 90 mins and 3 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
March 21, 2012, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,296
Gold Stars: 103
I'm delighted that the expert view on the board is that racism is the fault of all those nasty little foreigners. There vcan be no place for hatred or bigotry from any side of the racial divide, and just because one group of Muslims act in an unacceptable way, this should not tar the rest of their creed with the same brush, just in exactly the same way as I'd be repulsed by being thought of in the same way as the male masturbators from the EDL.
I'm going to enjoy my trip to Luton, the ground is interesting, there's some excellent Indian Sweet shops close by and Town are going to get their play-off push back on track (hopefully). The town may be a shithole, but people think the same of Grimsby, yet we're still proud of our home. live and let live people.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
Welwynmariner
March 21, 2012, 7:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
how many we reckon then? i'm still in two minds to go or not,train seems far to expensive but may still go via that option cba to drive it and parking not all that good i believe? feeling around the town is we cant do it and its all but over, i feel if we can get the support going again we can defy the odds and make the play offs. FREE COACHES MR FENTY

Parking is a problem near the ground. Still worth going - I'll be there but it's a local game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
barralad
March 21, 2012, 7:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I'm delighted that the expert view on the board is that racism is the fault of all those nasty little foreigners. There vcan be no place for hatred or bigotry from any side of the racial divide, and just because one group of Muslims act in an unacceptable way, this should not tar the rest of their creed with the same brush, just in exactly the same way as I'd be repulsed by being thought of in the same way as the male masturbators from the EDL.
I'm going to enjoy my trip to Luton, the ground is interesting, there's some excellent Indian Sweet shops close by and Town are going to get their play-off push back on track (hopefully). The town may be a shithole, but people think the same of Grimsby, yet we're still proud of our home. live and let live people.

This:

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 21, 2012, 7:48pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Parking is a problem near the ground. Still worth going - I'll be there but it's a local game

From past experience (I've been to Kenilworth Road 3/4 times in the past 3 years) I've found that if you get there early enough, you can find a parking space. Last year I got there 25 mins before kick off and after a frantic drive 'round the streets near the ground I did find a space. Whatever you do though, don't park in the Sainsbury's near the ground. It has a two hour limit and your cars reg plate will be clocked when you drive into the car park.

*edit* Just thought. Every time I've been has been on a Tuesday night, could be different on a Saturday. Just give yourself plenty of time and you should be fine.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
marinette
March 21, 2012, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 2578

Between 2010 - 2011, per head of population, North East Lincs had more

- burglaries
- criminal damage
- offences against vehicles
- 'other' offences (?)
- other theft offences
- sexual offences

than Luton.

(Figures from the Home Office)

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
March 21, 2012, 8:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinette

Between 2010 - 2011, per head of population, North East Lincs had more

- burglaries
- criminal damage
- offences against vehicles
- 'other' offences (?)
- other theft offences
- sexual offences

than Luton.

(Figures from the Home Office)

And your point is?

Reply: 20 - 65
sam gy
March 21, 2012, 8:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,481
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 2578

I love where i'm from, I really do and i hate to typecast, but i'm sick of reading boring, uneducated views like this from Grimbarians.

North East Lincolnshire is 97.4% White (according to wiki-would love to see Grimsby/Cleethorpes stats), and for example, out of around 250 students in my year at school, there where TWO asian kids. Why is it then, that i log on to Facebook and see racist remarks ONLY from people i know from back home? And I come on this forum and read absolute b****x like what you've just said? You're so clued up on multicultural integration yet you live in a Town that has, in the grand scheme of things, barely any immigrants AND a big anti-social behaviour problem.

I live in Sheffield, a culturally diverse city and next to areas that are predominately Asian. I've never had one spot of bother in 8 years, and the city itself is pretty damn safe and pleasant. Communities seem to get along with each other just fine, regardless or race.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
MyDogsThoughts
March 21, 2012, 8:40pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Anyway: The Bricklayers Arms sounds OK.

I've heard it is full of Cowboy builders, so there wont be any Indians using it, those that have a problem with Red Skins or whatever should be fine in the pub.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
aldi_01
March 21, 2012, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Crime related figures are skewed, they prove little. Luton is a horrible place, always has been regardless of the racial tension...the bigots represent a tiny percentage as do the extremists...they don't reflect Luton as a whole. It's just a horrible place, I'd discribe it as 'grey'...

Either way, they're there for the taking and I feel they'll bottle it again so I'm going...leaving a conference early to make sure I get there...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 21, 2012, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 2578

And your point is?

Way above your head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 21, 2012, 9:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 2578

I would think if you popped on to the luton forum and asked the people of luton if the racial tension in the town was down to poverty i think you may be told to intercourse off.
Saying racial tension in the city is down to poverty is just a cop out, what do you define as poverty anyway? because for me poverty is living in squaler with no food and fresh water medicine etc.
I would say to and to speak broadly, the tension has been caused by the radical muslim element in the city that are hell bent on changeing the way of life that the people in luton have lived for generations.

Bet there's not much racial tension in rich areas like Mayfair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
Biccys
March 21, 2012, 9:32pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
FFS, STOP! Stay on topic please. This is the footy section. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of ethnic multiculturalism start a new thread in non-footy.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 65
March 21, 2012, 10:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from sam gy

I love where i'm from, I really do and i hate to typecast, but i'm sick of reading boring, uneducated views like this from Grimbarians.

North East Lincolnshire is 97.4% White (according to wiki-would love to see Grimsby/Cleethorpes stats), and for example, out of around 250 students in my year at school, there where TWO asian kids. Why is it then, that i log on to Facebook and see racist remarks ONLY from people i know from back home? And I come on this forum and read absolute b****x like what you've just said? You're so clued up on multicultural integration yet you live in a Town that has, in the grand scheme of things, barely any immigrants AND a big anti-social behaviour problem.

I live in Sheffield, a culturally diverse city and next to areas that are predominately Asian. I've never had one spot of bother in 8 years, and the city itself is pretty damn safe and pleasant. Communities seem to get along with each other just fine, regardless or race.

Sorry to tell you sheffield boy but just because you live in sheffield doesn't make you a flipping expert ive spent a lot of time in some of these communties burnley, bradford, rochdale to many to mention and they will never adapt to british way of life these communties in my experience segregate themselves have no intention of interaction with the  indigenous population and i can honestly say out of the 99% of the familys in the 1000s of homes ive visited they do not or choose not to speak english, pretty much every home in these (poor) lol neighbourhoods have asian tv through satalite.
You probably speak from experience well so do I gobshite, why dont you read the link and read about real people who have real experience with this horrible set up.
Anyway you might feel at home in luton get yourself there to see us pick up another 3 pts
up the mariners
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575402/I-feel-like-an-alien-in-my-home-town.html

Reply: 27 - 65
ska face
March 21, 2012, 10:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,826
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from 2578

Sorry to tell you sheffield boy but just because you live in sheffield doesn't make you a flipping expert ive spent a lot of time in some of these communties burnley, bradford, rochdale to many to mention and they will never adapt to british way of life these communties in my experience segregate themselves have no intention of interaction with the  indigenous population and i can honestly say out of the 99% of the familys in the 1000s of homes ive visited they do not or choose not to speak english, pretty much every home in these (poor) lol neighbourhoods have asian tv through satalite.
You probably speak from experience well so do I gobshite, why dont you read the link and read about real people who have real experience with this horrible set up.
Anyway you might feel at home in luton get yourself there to see us pick up another 3 pts
up the mariners
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575402/I-feel-like-an-alien-in-my-home-town.html

Convenient that...
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
Abdul19
March 21, 2012, 10:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220

Well said.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Parking would be a lot easier if we had Sharia Law!
Reply: 30 - 65
bladerunnner
March 22, 2012, 11:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from Biccys
FFS, STOP! Stay on topic please. This is the footy section. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of ethnic multiculturalism start a new thread in non-footy.....

correct,funny how RBOH always seems to want to turn any thread into a "race issue".
its a classic tactic of the far-right,make out your one of the left whilst all the while bringing race issues  into the spotlight.
race issues etc are all he/she ever goes on about,makes one wonder what  the agenda is with him/ her?
im thinking of the phrase "agent provocateur" and im not talking sexy undergarments.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
north wall
March 22, 2012, 11:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
I bet some of the posters on here cannot wait to get to the Islamic Republic of Luton amongst all their heroes and get the opportunity maybe drop a few quid in the Taliban collection box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
Squarkus
March 22, 2012, 1:01pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from bladerunnner

correct,funny how RBOH always seems to want to turn any thread into a "race issue".
its a classic tactic of the far-right,make out your one of the left whilst all the while bringing race issues  into the spotlight.
race issues etc are all he/she ever goes on about,makes one wonder what  the agenda is with him/ her?
im thinking of the phrase "agent provocateur" and im not talking sexy undergarments.
Leave him alone ffs, he,s giving Fenty a day off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 2578

When I lived in MK I used to go out in Luton regularly and I found it quite surprising that there's a lot of racial tension not just between the white community and the ethnic minorities but between the black Afro-Caribbean residents and the Asian community

It felt pretty strange having to give my thoughts on whether the W. Indies should stuff Pakistan at cricket just to fit in....ever the diplomat was the best way!

I don't consider myself a racist (who does though eh? ) but the things that these two groups found to fall out about really baffled me....what did I know though as a youngish lad from the grim north, never having experienced any diversity as such

I guess unless you actually live there it's easy to pass judgements from the outside looking in....one thing's for sure, as much as I had a good night or two out there, I don't think I could ever have lived there in harmony with whoever my neighbours were!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 65
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

That made me smile!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 1:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from bladerunnner

I think some careful analysis of the thread might indicate that I responded to someone (talking about a pub in Luton) when they described it as walking through "Central Pakistan".  My point being that I didn't think it was a race issue and I was picking up on the person wanting to make it a race issue. . . . the complete opposite of what you are accusing me of!!!

In the last week, I have had others on here saying that I don't post anything on here unless it is about John Fenty.  Could you contact this poster and establish which one of you is correct because you both can't be for sure!
Reply: 36 - 65
Mariner_501
March 22, 2012, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

When I lived in MK I used to go out in Luton regularly and I found it quite surprising that there's a lot of racial tension not just between the white community and the ethnic minorities but between the black Afro-Caribbean residents and the Asian community

It felt pretty strange having to give my thoughts on whether the W. Indies should stuff Pakistan at cricket just to fit in....ever the diplomat was the best way!

I don't consider myself a racist (who does though eh? ) but the things that these two groups found to fall out about really baffled me....what did I know though as a youngish lad from the grim north, never having experienced any diversity as such

I guess unless you actually live there it's easy to pass judgements from the outside looking in....one thing's for sure, as much as I had a good night or two out there, I don't think I could ever have lived there in harmony with whoever my neighbours were!

Very true. It's mainly the Asian community that don't want to integrate. Funny how find blacks and whites seem to get on just fine. If there is any scuffles in clubs in places like Luton, whites and blacks go on way and Asians go another. Must be those racist black people!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
E15 2RS
March 22, 2012, 4:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from 1054

I would have said the pyjama wearing fraternity heckling our soldiers was a tad worse myself.  Juat saying like!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
E15 2RS
March 22, 2012, 5:15pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from sam gy

Would you be happy collecting for Help for Heroes in a Muslim area in Sheffield?  Be a good way to find out how integrated they are.  

I live in East London, and I can assure you our Muslim friends are not as friendly as the ones in Sheffield.  Quite fond of hanging around in gangs of around 10 and hurling abuse (often racist) at passers-by on their own.  As someone who used to watch LTFC regularly at home, I could quite imagine Luton being the same.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 6:13pm
Guest User
Somehow e15 2rs. . . I dont quite believe you live in east london, your efforts to persuade me otherwise will be met with laughter.  Have you joined this forum to make a pro-racist stance? Why would anyone do that? Using a googled postcode doesnt convince me one bit. . . I would quite happily bet a tenner that you are a narrow minded bigot living in the gy/clee area.

Epic fail b'lend!
Reply: 40 - 65
Ipswin
March 22, 2012, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1054

The roads generally would be a lot quieter - there would be thousands of fu(kers who couldn't drive anymore as they would have no hands!

Just don't wear your medals (if you are an old soldier) or your 'Help for Heroes' bracelet tomorrow and don't forget to take that big plastic poppy you forgot about off the radiator of the motor or some bunch of bearded fu(kers in dresses will burn it for you

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
jock dock tower
March 22, 2012, 7:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
This thread is sponsored by the Daily Mail.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 9:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

The roads generally would be a lot quieter - there would be thousands of fu(kers who couldn't drive anymore as they would have no hands!

Just don't wear your medals (if you are an old soldier) or your 'Help for Heroes' bracelet tomorrow and don't forget to take that big plastic poppy you forgot about off the radiator of the motor or some bunch of bearded fu(kers in dresses will burn it for you

This is of course all true and not the ramblings of a narrow minded bigot! Fu(ktard!
Reply: 43 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 9:07pm
Guest User
But good advice about not wearing your medals to a football match. . . WTF?
Reply: 44 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 9:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

I fully believe that what you have posted here constitutes a criminal offence. . . not sure what the moderators or humberside police think but. . .
Reply: 45 - 65
oldludensian
March 22, 2012, 9:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
I'm glad some of the posters on here are glad to live in these places where English is no longer the first language - that means I don't have to. Suits me fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 9:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldludensian
I'm glad some of the posters on here are glad to live in these places where English is no longer the first language - that means I don't have to. Suits me fine.

Thats a very good point paticularly in luton where 68% of the population are white-english. . . i'm glad i got out of an area where the locals cant understand basic maths. . . b'lend!
Reply: 47 - 65
March 22, 2012, 10:17pm
Guest User
"Central pakistan? Wtf!  the most shameful thing about luton imo is that it is the birthplace of the edl not its cultural diversity! Rise above it dont plumb those depths ffs!"

To the left fraternity on here the im petty sure the edl was created in response to the Muslim uprising, the shamefull antics during remembrances, the rife recruitment of so called British Muslims, the constant preaching on their streets ( witnessed this myself) the Islamisation dominance of luton and the distinct lack of action from our governents over the years, im pretty sure these were normal working class guys who had just seen and had enough, I know if this was on my doorstep I would be the first to sign up to ANY organisation that was willing/ had the balls to stand up to these scum.

Tell me then lefties if it wasn't for these people who will stand up and confront these British Christian Jew hateing fanatical Muslims pigs, who would then stand against them makeing noise standing up for our rights? Certainly not you lot then!   No such thing as a moderate Muslim as far as I'm concerned end of the day to them we are just Kafirs they want world domination and after reading a recent report that the number of British people converting to Islam as more than doubled over the last ten years(any of you lot?) they seem to be getting there.
Reply: 48 - 65
March 22, 2012, 10:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from jock dock tower
This thread is sponsored by the Daily Mail.....

Don't tell me guardian reader by any chance?

Glad you wanted to ask you if youve got any more exiting story's  about aching talbot or who ever they are lol
Il say it cos no one else will.. no one gives a intercourse about some minnow jock tin pot team and if they tell you different there full of excrement.now read carefully.... THIS IS A GTFC FORUM
Bore the Lincoln fans on there site with your tales if you must.
Reply: 49 - 65
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 22, 2012, 10:30pm

Lower Findus
Quoted from 1054

Thats a very good point paticularly in luton where 68% of the population are white-english. . . i'm glad i got out of an area where the locals cant understand basic maths. . . b'lend!

You don't know any black-white-yellow-pink-blue-green people that live close to Kenilworth Road that'd let me park on or over their drive on Saturday by any chance do you RBOH? The nearer the better for me. I've gotta work 'till 12 on Saturday so time is of the essence. Also, trying to keep on topic, any suggestions of decent pubs in Luton where we could have a pint before the game would be good as well? I'm thinking, leaving the car in Luton and picking it up the next day? What would you suggest? I'm all ears.

You fill up my senses,
Come fill me again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
Ciudad Juarez Mariner
March 22, 2012, 10:30pm
Coke Drinker
there are some right f*cking horrible bigoted b*stards in this thread aren't there? Anyway, I reckon Soares will grab his first goal on Saturday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
March 22, 2012, 10:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

I fully believe that what you have posted here constitutes a criminal offence. . . not sure what the moderators or humberside police think but. . .

So pleased twits like you are in a minority, sharia law would be here sooner rather than later if we all stuck our heads in the sand, Muslim sympathizer make me sick.
Reply: 52 - 65
alvinghammariner
March 22, 2012, 10:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU
This is my only contribution to this thread.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 10:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

So pleased twits like you are in a minority, sharia law would be here sooner rather than later if we all stuck our heads in the sand, Muslim sympathizer make me sick.

A muslim sympathiser? Wtf are you on about? I work with people who are muslim. . . none have ever needed sympathy.

You neanderthal, low educational achievement idiot!
Reply: 54 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 11:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

Don't tell me guardian reader by any chance?

Glad you wanted to ask you if youve got any more exiting story's  about aching talbot or who ever they are lol
Il say it cos no one else will.. no one gives a intercourse about some minnow jock tin pot team and if they tell you different there full of excrement.now read carefully.... THIS IS A GTFC FORUM
Bore the Lincoln fans on there site with your tales if you must.

Can you get a more predictable line from a pathetic little-englander daily mail reader. . . "dont tell me, guardian reader by any chance"  as i said; what you posted is clearly in breach of BRITISH law! Keep going though. . . I am sure that the local police will have very little interest in a thread about a pub where a clubs fans (who have more banning orders than anyone in this league) are intending to meet before the match on saturday!
Reply: 55 - 65
marinette
March 22, 2012, 11:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I was originally worried about where I was going to park my car if I went to Luton on Saturday.  Having spoken to several people from Luton over the past week, I am now not so bothered about where to park the car (somewhere in the town centre, do a bit of shopping, grab something to eat and walk to the ground, probably).  I am now worried about being associated with a bunch of pig-ignorant, hate-filled bigots more than anything else.

Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
March 22, 2012, 11:47pm

Quoted from marinette
I was originally worried about where I was going to park my car if I went to Luton on Saturday.  Having spoken to several people from Luton over the past week, I am now not so bothered about where to park the car (somewhere in the town centre, do a bit of shopping, grab something to eat and walk to the ground, probably).  I am now worried about being associated with a bunch of pig-ignorant, hate-filled bigots more than anything else.

Spot on Marinette. Certain people on this thread have acted shamefully. Peace and love out everyone, all our blood is red, all our bones are white and in 100 years we'll all be dead, during our very brief stay on earth let's try not to hate each other because our skin is a different colour.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
FishOutOfWater
March 23, 2012, 12:08am
Barley Wine Drinker

Spot on Marinette. Certain people on this thread have acted shamefully. Peace and love out everyone, all our blood is red, all our bones are white and in 100 years we'll all be dead, during our very brief stay on earth let's try not to hate each other because our skin is a different colour.

I don't think skin colour is the issue here....most of the vitriol on this thread is aimed at the Muslim(ist)  fraternity where as far as I know your skin colour has no significance in respect of their religion

As I posted earlier there is as much friction in Luton from differing ethnic communities with different skin colours....it's not just WASP Grimbarians who can't see what's going on is futile and that intolerance leads to a divisiveness amongst us all here in England
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 65
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 23, 2012, 12:30am

Lower Findus
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don't think skin colour is the issue here....most of the vitriol on this thread is aimed at the Muslim(ist)  fraternity where as far as I know your skin colour has no significance in respect of their religion

As I posted earlier there is as much friction in Luton from differing ethnic communities with different skin colours....it's not just WASP Grimbarians who can't see what's going on is futile and that intolerance leads to a divisiveness amongst us all here in England

With the greatest of respect FOOW, I think the problem here is that some Fishy posters are making a mountain out of a molehill. Those making the molehill, and I'm speculating, won't be at Kenilworth Road on Saturday!

You fill up my senses,
Come fill me again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
paddymariners
March 23, 2012, 12:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from marinette

Racial issues aside, I'd suggest that no one will want to stay in Luton beyond the minimum possible time to watch the game. If I was going (and I really wouldn't want to) I'd drive to somewhere like Hitchin and get a taxi to and from the ground. Last time I went the police said that the only pub where we might avoid trouble was the Bedfordshire Yeoman but even that was pretty nasty.
Has anyone tried the Halal fish and chip shop outside the ground?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 23, 2012, 7:32am
Guest User
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

With the greatest of respect FOOW, I think the problem here is that some Fishy posters are making a mountain out of a molehill. Those making the molehill, and I'm speculating, won't be at Kenilworth Road on Saturday!

On the contrary.. . . the post which set this off about "walking through central pakistan" was from a guy with experience (no mattet how small minded) of visutung luton. if you need any more evidence of embarassing neanderthals following town, look at the number of banning orders that we have/footage from burton.

I will be there +2 on saturday embracing different cultures and looking firward to a win! Will you be there?
Reply: 61 - 65
jock dock tower
March 23, 2012, 8:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
There's a real issue here with certain folk, but am so pleased - as a Guardian reader, of course - that there does seem to be a backlash against the ill informed Muslim baiters. I also believe that the silent majority actually make that a much larger body of fans who don't share GRIM74's views. Unfortunately, it always seems to be the vocal minority who grab the headlines by their words / actions.
As for my watching a "tin pot Jock" club, believe what you want to believe. I love the club, the way it resonates with it's fans, and the whole culture. I don't expect somebody like GRIM74 understands the word culture so I'll not elaborate.
All the very best to Town on Saturday, and here's hoping for 3 more points in the run in to the play offs.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
March 23, 2012, 8:11am

I'm going, and I'll pop into one of the food places on Dunstable Rd before the game and enjoy my visit as I do to most grounds. See you there Grim74.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
E15 2RS
March 23, 2012, 9:19am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from 1054
Somehow e15 2rs. . . I dont quite believe you live in east london, your efforts to persuade me otherwise will be met with laughter.  Have you joined this forum to make a pro-racist stance? Why would anyone do that? Using a googled postcode doesnt convince me one bit. . . I would quite happily bet a tenner that you are a narrow minded bigot living in the gy/clee area.

Epic fail b'lend!

Are you serious?  Why would I join a GTFC forum to make a racist stance?  Being from Cleethorpes and growing up as an LTFC supporter (so this weekend is of interest to me hence my first post) and now living in Stratford, I can asure you I do in fact live in East London, and speak from experience.  I'll let you off the tenner though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
Biccys
March 23, 2012, 9:21am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Before this gets out of hand. Again. Thread locked.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BRICKLAYERS ARMS, LUTON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.