sam gy
March 21, 2012, 8:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,481
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 2578

Just goes to show mulitcultural intergration does not and will never work, thank intercourse for grimsby.

I love where i'm from, I really do and i hate to typecast, but i'm sick of reading boring, uneducated views like this from Grimbarians.

North East Lincolnshire is 97.4% White (according to wiki-would love to see Grimsby/Cleethorpes stats), and for example, out of around 250 students in my year at school, there where TWO asian kids. Why is it then, that i log on to Facebook and see racist remarks ONLY from people i know from back home? And I come on this forum and read absolute b****x like what you've just said? You're so clued up on multicultural integration yet you live in a Town that has, in the grand scheme of things, barely any immigrants AND a big anti-social behaviour problem.

I live in Sheffield, a culturally diverse city and next to areas that are predominately Asian. I've never had one spot of bother in 8 years, and the city itself is pretty damn safe and pleasant. Communities seem to get along with each other just fine, regardless or race.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
MyDogsThoughts
March 21, 2012, 8:40pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Anyway: The Bricklayers Arms sounds OK.

I've heard it is full of Cowboy builders, so there wont be any Indians using it, those that have a problem with Red Skins or whatever should be fine in the pub.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
aldi_01
March 21, 2012, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Crime related figures are skewed, they prove little. Luton is a horrible place, always has been regardless of the racial tension...the bigots represent a tiny percentage as do the extremists...they don't reflect Luton as a whole. It's just a horrible place, I'd discribe it as 'grey'...

Either way, they're there for the taking and I feel they'll bottle it again so I'm going...leaving a conference early to make sure I get there...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 21, 2012, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 2578

And your point is?

Way above your head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 21, 2012, 9:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 2578

I would think if you popped on to the luton forum and asked the people of luton if the racial tension in the town was down to poverty i think you may be told to intercourse off.
Saying racial tension in the city is down to poverty is just a cop out, what do you define as poverty anyway? because for me poverty is living in squaler with no food and fresh water medicine etc.
I would say to and to speak broadly, the tension has been caused by the radical muslim element in the city that are hell bent on changeing the way of life that the people in luton have lived for generations.

Bet there's not much racial tension in rich areas like Mayfair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
Biccys
March 21, 2012, 9:32pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
FFS, STOP! Stay on topic please. This is the footy section. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of ethnic multiculturalism start a new thread in non-footy.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 65
March 21, 2012, 10:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from sam gy

I love where i'm from, I really do and i hate to typecast, but i'm sick of reading boring, uneducated views like this from Grimbarians.

North East Lincolnshire is 97.4% White (according to wiki-would love to see Grimsby/Cleethorpes stats), and for example, out of around 250 students in my year at school, there where TWO asian kids. Why is it then, that i log on to Facebook and see racist remarks ONLY from people i know from back home? And I come on this forum and read absolute b****x like what you've just said? You're so clued up on multicultural integration yet you live in a Town that has, in the grand scheme of things, barely any immigrants AND a big anti-social behaviour problem.

I live in Sheffield, a culturally diverse city and next to areas that are predominately Asian. I've never had one spot of bother in 8 years, and the city itself is pretty damn safe and pleasant. Communities seem to get along with each other just fine, regardless or race.

Sorry to tell you sheffield boy but just because you live in sheffield doesn't make you a flipping expert ive spent a lot of time in some of these communties burnley, bradford, rochdale to many to mention and they will never adapt to british way of life these communties in my experience segregate themselves have no intention of interaction with the  indigenous population and i can honestly say out of the 99% of the familys in the 1000s of homes ive visited they do not or choose not to speak english, pretty much every home in these (poor) lol neighbourhoods have asian tv through satalite.
You probably speak from experience well so do I gobshite, why dont you read the link and read about real people who have real experience with this horrible set up.
Anyway you might feel at home in luton get yourself there to see us pick up another 3 pts
up the mariners
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575402/I-feel-like-an-alien-in-my-home-town.html

Reply: 27 - 65
ska face
March 21, 2012, 10:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from 2578

Sorry to tell you sheffield boy but just because you live in sheffield doesn't make you a flipping expert ive spent a lot of time in some of these communties burnley, bradford, rochdale to many to mention and they will never adapt to british way of life these communties in my experience segregate themselves have no intention of interaction with the  indigenous population and i can honestly say out of the 99% of the familys in the 1000s of homes ive visited they do not or choose not to speak english, pretty much every home in these (poor) lol neighbourhoods have asian tv through satalite.
You probably speak from experience well so do I gobshite, why dont you read the link and read about real people who have real experience with this horrible set up.
Anyway you might feel at home in luton get yourself there to see us pick up another 3 pts
up the mariners
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1575402/I-feel-like-an-alien-in-my-home-town.html

Convenient that...
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
Abdul19
March 21, 2012, 10:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I'm delighted that the expert view on the board is that racism is the fault of all those nasty little foreigners. There vcan be no place for hatred or bigotry from any side of the racial divide, and just because one group of Muslims act in an unacceptable way, this should not tar the rest of their creed with the same brush, just in exactly the same way as I'd be repulsed by being thought of in the same way as the male masturbators from the EDL.
I'm going to enjoy my trip to Luton, the ground is interesting, there's some excellent Indian Sweet shops close by and Town are going to get their play-off push back on track (hopefully). The town may be a shithole, but people think the same of Grimsby, yet we're still proud of our home. live and let live people.

Well said.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BRICKLAYERS ARMS, LUTON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.