This thread currently has 5,935 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
hook line and sinker
March 21, 2012, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
how many we reckon then? i'm still in two minds to go or not,train seems far to expensive but may still go via that option cba to drive it and parking not all that good i believe? feeling around the town is we cant do it and its all but over, i feel if we can get the support going again we can defy the odds and make the play offs. FREE COACHES MR FENTY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
March 21, 2012, 6:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
Yes. . . there are racial tensions in luton. but then thete would be considering the poverty and that 8% are pakistani; 4% indian, 4% bangladeshi, 68 % whute.  a town where over 100 languages are spoken!

Just goes to show mulitcultural intergration does not and will never work, thank intercourse for grimsby.
Reply: 11 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 7:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

Just goes to show mulitcultural intergration does not and will never work, thank intercourse for grimsby.

I think you completely missed my point.  Social problems whether they be unemployment, housing, health,drug abuse, racial tensions are always related to poverty. . . something that links luton and grimsby 100%
Reply: 12 - 65
March 21, 2012, 7:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

I think you completely missed my point.  Social problems whether they be unemployment, housing, health,drug abuse, racial tensions are always related to poverty. . . something that links luton and grimsby 100%

I would think if you popped on to the luton forum and asked the people of luton if the racial tension in the town was down to poverty i think you may be told to intercourse off.
Saying racial tension in the city is down to poverty is just a cop out, what do you define as poverty anyway? because for me poverty is living in squaler with no food and fresh water medicine etc.
I would say to and to speak broadly, the tension has been caused by the radical muslim element in the city that are hell bent on changeing the way of life that the people in luton have lived for generations.

Reply: 13 - 65
hook line and sinker
March 21, 2012, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
who gives a f*ck we are only there for 90 mins and 3 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
March 21, 2012, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,296
Gold Stars: 103
I'm delighted that the expert view on the board is that racism is the fault of all those nasty little foreigners. There vcan be no place for hatred or bigotry from any side of the racial divide, and just because one group of Muslims act in an unacceptable way, this should not tar the rest of their creed with the same brush, just in exactly the same way as I'd be repulsed by being thought of in the same way as the male masturbators from the EDL.
I'm going to enjoy my trip to Luton, the ground is interesting, there's some excellent Indian Sweet shops close by and Town are going to get their play-off push back on track (hopefully). The town may be a shithole, but people think the same of Grimsby, yet we're still proud of our home. live and let live people.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
Welwynmariner
March 21, 2012, 7:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
how many we reckon then? i'm still in two minds to go or not,train seems far to expensive but may still go via that option cba to drive it and parking not all that good i believe? feeling around the town is we cant do it and its all but over, i feel if we can get the support going again we can defy the odds and make the play offs. FREE COACHES MR FENTY

Parking is a problem near the ground. Still worth going - I'll be there but it's a local game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
barralad
March 21, 2012, 7:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I'm delighted that the expert view on the board is that racism is the fault of all those nasty little foreigners. There vcan be no place for hatred or bigotry from any side of the racial divide, and just because one group of Muslims act in an unacceptable way, this should not tar the rest of their creed with the same brush, just in exactly the same way as I'd be repulsed by being thought of in the same way as the male masturbators from the EDL.
I'm going to enjoy my trip to Luton, the ground is interesting, there's some excellent Indian Sweet shops close by and Town are going to get their play-off push back on track (hopefully). The town may be a shithole, but people think the same of Grimsby, yet we're still proud of our home. live and let live people.

This:

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 21, 2012, 7:48pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Parking is a problem near the ground. Still worth going - I'll be there but it's a local game

From past experience (I've been to Kenilworth Road 3/4 times in the past 3 years) I've found that if you get there early enough, you can find a parking space. Last year I got there 25 mins before kick off and after a frantic drive 'round the streets near the ground I did find a space. Whatever you do though, don't park in the Sainsbury's near the ground. It has a two hour limit and your cars reg plate will be clocked when you drive into the car park.

*edit* Just thought. Every time I've been has been on a Tuesday night, could be different on a Saturday. Just give yourself plenty of time and you should be fine.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
marinette
March 21, 2012, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 2578

Between 2010 - 2011, per head of population, North East Lincs had more

- burglaries
- criminal damage
- offences against vehicles
- 'other' offences (?)
- other theft offences
- sexual offences

than Luton.

(Figures from the Home Office)

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BRICKLAYERS ARMS, LUTON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.