No Members and 55 Guests

BRICKLAYERS ARMS, LUTON

This thread currently has 5,946 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
March 21, 2012, 10:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Parking is a problem near the ground. Still worth going - I'll be there but it's a local game

Parking would be a lot easier if we had Sharia Law!
Reply: 30 - 65
bladerunnner
March 22, 2012, 11:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from Biccys
FFS, STOP! Stay on topic please. This is the footy section. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of ethnic multiculturalism start a new thread in non-footy.....

correct,funny how RBOH always seems to want to turn any thread into a "race issue".
its a classic tactic of the far-right,make out your one of the left whilst all the while bringing race issues  into the spotlight.
race issues etc are all he/she ever goes on about,makes one wonder what  the agenda is with him/ her?
im thinking of the phrase "agent provocateur" and im not talking sexy undergarments.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
north wall
March 22, 2012, 11:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
I bet some of the posters on here cannot wait to get to the Islamic Republic of Luton amongst all their heroes and get the opportunity maybe drop a few quid in the Taliban collection box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
Squarkus
March 22, 2012, 1:01pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from bladerunnner

correct,funny how RBOH always seems to want to turn any thread into a "race issue".
its a classic tactic of the far-right,make out your one of the left whilst all the while bringing race issues  into the spotlight.
race issues etc are all he/she ever goes on about,makes one wonder what  the agenda is with him/ her?
im thinking of the phrase "agent provocateur" and im not talking sexy undergarments.
Leave him alone ffs, he,s giving Fenty a day off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 2578

I would think if you popped on to the luton forum and asked the people of luton if the racial tension in the town was down to poverty i think you may be told to intercourse off.
Saying racial tension in the city is down to poverty is just a cop out, what do you define as poverty anyway? because for me poverty is living in squaler with no food and fresh water medicine etc.
I would say to and to speak broadly, the tension has been caused by the radical muslim element in the city that are hell bent on changeing the way of life that the people in luton have lived for generations.

When I lived in MK I used to go out in Luton regularly and I found it quite surprising that there's a lot of racial tension not just between the white community and the ethnic minorities but between the black Afro-Caribbean residents and the Asian community

It felt pretty strange having to give my thoughts on whether the W. Indies should stuff Pakistan at cricket just to fit in....ever the diplomat was the best way!

I don't consider myself a racist (who does though eh? ) but the things that these two groups found to fall out about really baffled me....what did I know though as a youngish lad from the grim north, never having experienced any diversity as such

I guess unless you actually live there it's easy to pass judgements from the outside looking in....one thing's for sure, as much as I had a good night or two out there, I don't think I could ever have lived there in harmony with whoever my neighbours were!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 65
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1054

Parking would be a lot easier if we had Sharia Law!

That made me smile!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 65
roundballovalhole
March 22, 2012, 1:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from bladerunnner

I think some careful analysis of the thread might indicate that I responded to someone (talking about a pub in Luton) when they described it as walking through "Central Pakistan".  My point being that I didn't think it was a race issue and I was picking up on the person wanting to make it a race issue. . . . the complete opposite of what you are accusing me of!!!

In the last week, I have had others on here saying that I don't post anything on here unless it is about John Fenty.  Could you contact this poster and establish which one of you is correct because you both can't be for sure!
Reply: 36 - 65
Mariner_501
March 22, 2012, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

When I lived in MK I used to go out in Luton regularly and I found it quite surprising that there's a lot of racial tension not just between the white community and the ethnic minorities but between the black Afro-Caribbean residents and the Asian community

It felt pretty strange having to give my thoughts on whether the W. Indies should stuff Pakistan at cricket just to fit in....ever the diplomat was the best way!

I don't consider myself a racist (who does though eh? ) but the things that these two groups found to fall out about really baffled me....what did I know though as a youngish lad from the grim north, never having experienced any diversity as such

I guess unless you actually live there it's easy to pass judgements from the outside looking in....one thing's for sure, as much as I had a good night or two out there, I don't think I could ever have lived there in harmony with whoever my neighbours were!

Very true. It's mainly the Asian community that don't want to integrate. Funny how find blacks and whites seem to get on just fine. If there is any scuffles in clubs in places like Luton, whites and blacks go on way and Asians go another. Must be those racist black people!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
E15 2RS
March 22, 2012, 4:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from 1054

Central pakistan? Wtf!  the most shameful thing about luton imo is that it is the birthplace of the edl not its cultural diversity! Rise above it dont plumb those depths ffs!

I would have said the pyjama wearing fraternity heckling our soldiers was a tad worse myself.  Juat saying like!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
E15 2RS
March 22, 2012, 5:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from sam gy

I love where i'm from, I really do and i hate to typecast, but i'm sick of reading boring, uneducated views like this from Grimbarians.

North East Lincolnshire is 97.4% White (according to wiki-would love to see Grimsby/Cleethorpes stats), and for example, out of around 250 students in my year at school, there where TWO asian kids. Why is it then, that i log on to Facebook and see racist remarks ONLY from people i know from back home? And I come on this forum and read absolute b****x like what you've just said? You're so clued up on multicultural integration yet you live in a Town that has, in the grand scheme of things, barely any immigrants AND a big anti-social behaviour problem.

I live in Sheffield, a culturally diverse city and next to areas that are predominately Asian. I've never had one spot of bother in 8 years, and the city itself is pretty damn safe and pleasant. Communities seem to get along with each other just fine, regardless or race.

Would you be happy collecting for Help for Heroes in a Muslim area in Sheffield?  Be a good way to find out how integrated they are.  

I live in East London, and I can assure you our Muslim friends are not as friendly as the ones in Sheffield.  Quite fond of hanging around in gangs of around 10 and hurling abuse (often racist) at passers-by on their own.  As someone who used to watch LTFC regularly at home, I could quite imagine Luton being the same.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BRICKLAYERS ARMS, LUTON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.