Court Case Today 15th

This thread currently has 14,608 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
boston fan
March 15, 2012, 7:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
Whats to stop Harry Rednapp resigning from Spurs to take the England job---- hes under contract
Whats to stop Hearn resigning from Grimsby and signing for Fleetwood say ---- hes under contract

I rest my case mlord

Transfer fees are only paid because the player is under contract.  They would become irrelivant if a player was allowed to resign just to sign for someone esle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 157
Denby
March 15, 2012, 7:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
a good time to review some previous comments from, well, i'm sure you can guess

last month:

"This claim is preposterous and ridiculous and we are now past trying to find a solution.
We have a date in court next month and there is no way we will back down. We will fight tooth and nail all the way because we have done nothing wrong.
We have tried over several months to avoid this and even made an offer to settle out of court with Boston.
That wasn't any admission of guilt – just an attempt to avoid going to court. That will stand us in good stead with the judge I believe.It is understood both clubs will head to Sheffield prepared for a possible two-day hearing after Town initially asked for the case to be heard locally.
Since appointing legal representation this has cost the club between £15-18,000 and more man hours than ever.
It really has been something we shouldn''t have had to do.
But we are where we are and we head to court next month.
There is no way we will back down now."

july 2011

"Our submission is on its way to Boston's solicitors.
Our position hasn't changed; we don't feel the club has done anything wrong in approaching Rob and Paul after their resignations had been accepted by Boston as announced on their website. I am still hoping common sense will prevail.
Once Town's response reaches Boston's legal advisors, it will be assessed before any decision is taken on whether the battle will be taken to court.
There will be exchanges of information once the solicitors have examined our response and we'll see where it goes from there.
I would thoroughly expect Boston United to climb down.
If not we will have to pursue it in a way we see fit to defend the club and we will do that strongly."

june 2011

"Nothing has changed. Of course, we are working on our response to those papers behind the scenes because you can't ignore them.
But I still find it implausible that the football club has been drawn into this.
The managers were free from contract when we started talking to them and Boston acknowledged this on their website.
They announced they had appointed new managers the same day we started discussions with Rob and Paul.
I don't believe Boston have any grounds for a case.
They want £25,000 from us in settlement of the contracts they claim Rob and Paul were still bound by.
I'm quite happy to reveal that figure because Boston have made this a very public case.
I'd like to see the whole thing washed away; I still feel this is a waste of time and money.
But if we have to go to court then we will and we will fight our case.

may 2011

"The situation with Boston hasn't entirely gone away which I am a bit surprised about.
Clearly David Newton (Boston chairman) has a bee in his bonnet and is seeking to pursue this through the courts.
We have just formalised a response and we are happy to go to court to defend our position.
They asked if we would like to go to arbitration or court; it certainly won't be arbitration and we are going to allow the courts to decide.
They are pushing the case and we will have to follow procedure because you can't just ignore it.
We will have to go through the motions and that is what I believe they are, just motions.
Am I worried about it? No. Do I think it is going to cost this football club anything? No. Can I believe they are pursuing it? No.
All of this came about as a result of Boston not co-operating in the true sense of a deal and arrangement that was already in place with regard to Rob and Paul and the club.
Ultimately, they found their positions untenable and we were, all of a sudden, propelled into a situation where they were free agents.
We sought to then conclude contractual arrangements and employ them directly.
On that same day, and before we decided to go down that route, Boston formerly announced they had accepted their resignation.
They then changed the message on their website; it more or less said the same but didn't acknowledge the second time they had accepted the resignations.
It did say they were looking for a new management team; and they appointed new managers on that same day.
They did all of this before we got into detailed discussions and agreed terms with both Rob and Paul.
So I don't see how on earth we can be at fault. I believe we can hold our head high that we did things honourably.
I don't believe we have a case to answer; I'm pretty adamant about that."

march 2011

"There is no contractual obligation between the two clubs.
On Sunday morning, I spoke to David Newton (Boston chairman) and asked if we could formally approach the lads to talk to them about Grimsby engaging them.
We had heard on the grapevine they only had five weeks left on their contracts and weren't in new talks with the club.
It looked like, looking at their track record, a real opportunity that they could be a good appointment for this football club.
Ultimately, David refused permission for us to talk to them.
The news had clearly got through to Paul and Rob and they knew of this club's interest by then.
I think it annoyed them that Boston hadn't attempted to speak to them about a new contract.
Both factors resulted in them tendering their resignation.
We didn't get to a stage of talking about compensation so then, in effect, we were talking to both on the basis of them being free agents.
We moved to a final agreement on Tuesday and they signed their contracts publicly yesterday."
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 157
diehardmariner
March 15, 2012, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 547
Does anyone know the figure Boston initially wanted?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 157
LeeNogan
March 15, 2012, 7:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / 0
I suspect they would have settled for £10k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 157
Denby
March 15, 2012, 7:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
i wonder how much fenty offered boston to settle out of court?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 157
boston fan
March 15, 2012, 7:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
David Newton was quoted(i think) as saying he was seeking £25k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 157
marinette
March 15, 2012, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Sigone

Judge finds against Grimsby Town, Rob Scott and Paul Hurst. Have to pay £10500 damages and £10000 costs.

Will it be split between the three - the football club, Hurst and Scott, or will Mr Fenty end up footing the whole bill?

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 157
Denby
March 15, 2012, 7:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
yeah, fenty said £25k himself (just added that bit to the quotes)
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 157
Denby
March 15, 2012, 7:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinette

Will it be split between the three - the football club, Hurst and Scott, or will Mr Fenty end up footing the whole bill?

i assume it'll be the community asset that is gtfc footing the bill
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 157
Denby
March 15, 2012, 7:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
september 2011

rob scott: "do you think he'd [fenty] have head hunted a couple of mugs?"
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 157
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Court Case Today 15th

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.