16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
boston fan
March 16, 2012, 4:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
Quoted from Pongo

Bostonian
What dont you understand Paul and Rob had five weeks on their contract to run and no meaningfull offer on the table.

they like everyone are entitled to go for an interview. Oh and just tell me what mangers dont go for an interview with out telling their bosses when they are looking to possibley better themselves.

The crooks of the case was were the managers induced to leave because of terms on offer. Well this was one for the judge by all acounts and he found favour in Boston.

Get over it, its no revelation that Rob and Paul were interviewed. This it normal practice in football and business generally. Grimsby never had a contract with Boston to prevent this.

This is a game of opinions and the judge resides. So are you saying Fenty should just roll over and pick up claims of 25k without as fight.

Pongo with all due respect that argument stinks (fogive the pun)
It makes no difference how long was left on their contract- they were still under contract
Its true they were interviewed before resigning.If this wasnt such a big deal why did they keep it secret until the day of the hearing. Its also true they wanted to find a full time club- they were still under contract.
They were induced to leave because of the terms on offer.- But had no clause in their contracts allowing them to resign without the forefit of three months salary, including talking to other clubs. S&H signed their contracts knowing this clause was in it.
Dont think the law is a game of opinions its a game of FACTS. Im saying if Mr Fenty wanted these two to manage your club before their contracts were up he should have reached agreement to buy out the remaining 6 weeks or so left. The amount would have been less than was awarded.
The only winners are the robbers in wigs who spout centries old bo33ocks to confuse the ordinary man in the street.
How about a pre season friendly to calm the waters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 157
rancido
March 16, 2012, 4:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It is typical of the way the club has been run. Going to court probably doubled the cost to the club, it is this kind of wreckless management that sees us in the conference and deeply in debt.

I don't think for one second that JF would have proceeded without legal advice but you might KNOW different. We do have 2 different versions of any proposed out of court settlement and who you believe is up to you. As I was told by my parents " there are three sides to every argument , yours , theirs and the truth, which usually lies in the middle".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 157
roundballovalhole
March 16, 2012, 4:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

" there are three sides to every argument , yours , theirs and the truth, which usually lies in the middle".

Er? No!  There were two sides of the argument. . . . John Fenty's and Boston's.

The judge said that Boston were right. . . . . That is how the law works"!
Reply: 122 - 157
Marinerz93
March 16, 2012, 4:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

I don't think for one second that JF would have proceeded without legal advice but you might KNOW different. We do have 2 different versions of any proposed out of court settlement and who you believe is up to you. As I was told by my parents " there are three sides to every argument , yours , theirs and the truth, which usually lies in the middle".

I agree with this to a degree but the smoking gun was that interview with out permission14 days before they resigned, there was no defence.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 157
rancido
March 16, 2012, 4:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Er? No!  There were two sides of the argument. . . . John Fenty's and Boston's.

The judge said that Boston were right. . . . . That is how the law works"!

Er? Yes ! If you had taken the time to pull your head out of your dirt pipe and read what I wrote then you would see that I was referring to the out of court settlement. Both parties claim this could have been settled out of court but which version you believe is ,as I said , up to you.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 157
Les Brechin
March 16, 2012, 5:00pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Blimey, are we still going on about this. It's been dealt with by the courts and there is to be no appeal, so can we now draw a line under all this and move on.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 157
rancido
March 16, 2012, 5:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
Blimey, are we still going on about this. It's been dealt with by the courts and there is to be no appeal, so can we now draw a line under all this and move on.

Totally agree Les but some on here will keep having a go at JF because of this knowing full well he won't defend himself on this site.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 157
MuddyWaters
March 16, 2012, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Les Brechin

Whilst I respect the need to move on per se Les, the only reason JF has stated that he wants to move on is because he knows full well that he has fu(ked up....again....
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 157
Ipswin
March 16, 2012, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Pongo

The crooks of the case was were the managers induced to leave because of terms on offer.

F*cking brilliant Pongo PMSL shame it was your poor spelling and you didn't actually mean it

The 'crooks of the case' were Fenty, Itchy and Scratchy and the court saw that

More money thrown away by Fenty's stubborness to admit he just might be wrong.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 157
JonnyK
March 16, 2012, 8:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
I do think this reflects badly on Fanty but I don't think the club (well, the supporters and those others connected to the club) should feel embarrassed.  Fenty c0cked up and we have a bill.  It's the same kind of poor decision making that has put us where we are, in my opinion, and therefore nothing new.

We as supporters can condemn Fenty for his action over this issue, but I would be interested to hear what the Trust says about it (as Marinette mentioned earlier).  I actually have a lot of respect for the Trust and intend to take out membership in the next few months.  But I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot if they publicly back Fenty over this.  My guess is they will say nothing so as not to rock the apple cart.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 157
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Court Case Today 15th

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.