Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 162 Guests

The Ref!!

This thread currently has 3,847 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mr viv
March 3, 2012, 6:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Deffo deserves his own thread what a shambolic display. Miles offside whether it flicks off disley or not because there player has passed it forward to flick off disleys leg. I am trying to remember when i have ever seen a ref overule a linesman in such a way and i cant it could only happen in this bloody league. And then to disallow our goal from a corner after the keeper comes out and falls over after dropping the is unreal. The number 4 from braintree must have made at least 15!! fouls in to the back of duffy and didnt even get booked and then to sum him up he blows for full time when braintree were through on goal. A truly shocking performance totally inept and should be reported by both sides and in my opinion should never refferee again!! PS fair play to Braintree for never say die defensive display even if the idiotic ref couldnt see your tactics of taking as much time to do everything and going down injured every time you had a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
cleemaddog
March 3, 2012, 6:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
From the pontoon looked like the ball was knocked sideways by Braintree then Disley knocked it towards our goal to a Braintree player that the linesman thought was offside mckeown then stood there like a lemon with his hands up a la Di canio v man u. Ever heard of play to the whistle?
On saying that the ref made some terrible decisions. Don't we always get em though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
gobby
March 3, 2012, 6:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from cleemaddog
From the pontoon looked like the ball was knocked sideways by Braintree then Disley knocked it towards our goal to a Braintree player that the linesman thought was offside mckeown then stood there like a lemon with his hands up a la Di canio v man u. Ever heard of play to the whistle?
On saying that the ref made some terrible decisions. Don't we always get em though?

This
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
March 3, 2012, 7:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from mr viv
Deffo deserves his own thread what a shambolic display. Miles offside whether it flicks off disley or not because there player has passed it forward to flick off disleys leg. I am trying to remember when i have ever seen a ref overule a linesman in such a way and i cant it could only happen in this bloody league. And then to disallow our goal from a corner after the keeper comes out and falls over after dropping the is unreal. The number 4 from braintree must have made at least 15!! fouls in to the back of duffy and didnt even get booked and then to sum him up he blows for full time when braintree were through on goal. A truly shocking performance totally inept and should be reported by both sides and in my opinion should never refferee again!! PS fair play to Braintree for never say die defensive display even if the idiotic ref couldnt see your tactics of taking as much time to do everything and going down injured every time you had a chance

The goal that we had disallowed was because of an obvious handball by one of our players.
Reply: 3 - 42
Biccys
March 3, 2012, 7:20pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
AND he didn't have white flashes on the top of his socks. Disgraceful...RUINED my match day experience I can tell you.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 42
hook line and sinker
March 3, 2012, 7:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
where to start

1) he didn't understand the advantage rule and far too many times he could of let the game flow he was pulling the play back and a free kick was awarded

2) the offside decision was a shocker, i personally just sat back watched there players and ours play on thinking they haven't seen the flag go up too then the ball go in the net and the ref give the GOAL!!!! couldn't believe it tbh also bad sportsmanship from there players for this incident and all match diving and fouling is all the seemed too do and was a poor footballing side imo.

3) disallowing the 2nd goal for a reason im still unaware of???

4)then too put the nail in the coffin he blew for full time when they was on the attack outnumbering us in our own area a very likely goal scoring opportunity

this guy should never be allowed too referee at any level let alone ours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
barralad
March 3, 2012, 7:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
The way both sets of players converged on him at the end of the game suggests that he didn't make either side very happy. I sit in the Pontoon so try to avoid making comments about offside but the number of times he didn't play the advantage was unreal.

Their player that felled Townsend(?) in the first half with a very obvious elbow can count himself extremely lucky to have seen out all 90 minutes and supremely lucky not to get a card of any colour given some of the decisions made later.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
jimbo22
March 3, 2012, 7:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Sick of having such poor referee's at Blundell Park. When that ball was played by the Braintree player there forward was at least 10 yards offside, the linesman duely put his flag up, but the referee was determined to give that goal. urine pure official.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
TownSNAFU5
March 3, 2012, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,904
Gold Stars: 42
What about Cambridge away when the Ref overuled himself and did not give us a penalty! Did not even need a lineman then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
mr viv
March 3, 2012, 8:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
What about Cambridge away when the Ref overuled himself and did not give us a penalty! Did not even need a lineman then.

oh ye forgot bout that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.