Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 160 Guests

The Ref!!

This thread currently has 3,849 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackBoots
March 3, 2012, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from EY Mariner
I would say the ball just hit Disley. He certainly doesn't appear to me to intentionally play the ball in that direction.

but that has no relevance to the decision which was 100% correct
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
mr viv
March 3, 2012, 11:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Credit were credits due! i suppose it does make you realise how difficult a job refs do have as nearly all the ground were screaming at him for what appeared an horrific overule of his assistant. It doesnt disguise the rest of his performance which was as usual poor but that was a big decission and fair play to him under massive pressure he was 100% right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
gobby
March 4, 2012, 4:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Biccys
AND he didn't have white flashes on the top of his socks. Disgraceful...RUINED my match day experience I can tell you.

If your gunna wear white collar shirts you got to match it with white topped socks, it is so chav like not to! Down marked by 10. but made them back up with the goal scored.   but still was weak.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
Havelock the Dane
March 4, 2012, 7:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
The rules state that the defender who knocks the ball backwards has to have control of the ball. If it hits him and goes to an offside  player then it is offside. So eymariner is the only one who knows the rules. Most of you don't and neither does the ref. No goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
mr viv
March 4, 2012, 8:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from Havelock the Dane
The rules state that the defender who knocks the ball backwards has to have control of the ball. If it hits him and goes to an offside  player then it is offside. So eymariner is the only one who knows the rules. Most of you don't and neither does the ref. No goal.

Soz mate as much as i wish you was right there s no way in the world that the ball just hit disley. He clearly plays it back towards our goal therfor there is no way he could be offside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
Les Brechin
March 4, 2012, 8:22am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Havelock the Dane

That's a new one on me. Do yo have proof that this is the rule. I didn't thnk opposing players are even mentioned in the offside rule.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
Theimperialcoroner
March 4, 2012, 8:38am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,259
Gold Stars: 102
Can I just get something off my chest once and for all... It is the flipping LAWS of the game not the rules. That's the pedant in me assuaged for this Sunday morning.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Havelock the Dane
March 4, 2012, 8:42am
Table Wine Drinker
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1207871.html

Well, here's a thread on the topic - one of several I found. Although the FIFA laws themselves don't seem so sure...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Havelock the Dane
March 4, 2012, 8:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Sorry, Imp, changed my post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
springstomind
March 5, 2012, 9:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Appears as he consulted what he ha seen with the version of events with the linesman they got it right. Have to play to the whistle though McKeown was absolutely monging it haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.