Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
God post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
March 2, 2012, 8:19am
Guest User
Yes some good points raised it was a good post, but I wouldn't go as far to say a post from god.  
Reply: 41 - 59
Sweden
March 2, 2012, 8:53am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
lukeo
March 2, 2012, 8:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Garth
I thought we did OK considering the Teams average age was 22 when Gerrard was hooked off, I like the way that SP can ignore the old usual suspects and try something new, win lose or draw it came over as a breath of fresh air not hearing Rooney, Lampard and Terrys name being lauded over, should have been a draw

Agree.. I'm not a big fan of watching England (i know i'm english and i should) but I thought it was refreshing to see the youngsters play. Although maybe should have had someone else upfront
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
forza ivano
March 2, 2012, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 2578

yes il say it again a total sharp object who took the urine out of England for years, we were nothing short of a laughing stock whilst he was in charge. Can you remember the last world cup? Just to remind you we ended up being rated 13th out of 32 our worst EVER, not to mention the humiliating defeat to the krauts our highest world cup loss EVER! the man was an absolute stubborn buffoon with no idea of a plan b, he should of been sacked immediately.

We all know why he wasn't sacked but thats the fault of the old farts at the F.A. but this is were he should of resigned, but what did he do apart from standing there  grinning to himself takeing the urine, with that stupid postman pat expression on his face? intercourse all!

I cannot believe you would mock two respected fellow Englishmen that one day might be our next manager, so what,  if they haven't won loads of trophys, being a successful club manager doesn't mean your the right man for the biggest job of them all as we found out with that doughnut eriksson.Then you look at the Germany teams over the last 10 years with klinsman and now low, they'd done intercourse all but led Germany in to two world cup semi finals.

It has to be an Englishman all day for me i dreaded the day England winning a world cup with a Swede or Italian, lets get someone with some passion and understanding with what it means to be the England manager Redknapp and  Pearce spring to mind, is it to much to ask that we have a manager we can call our own and be proud to have?

Sorry grim, but there is just so much wrong with this that i don't know where to start. maringer got a lot of good points in. capello a buffoon??? christ man have a look at his record and compare it to 'onest 'arry's. if i remember correctly he got us qualified for 2 major tournaments, with the best record in qualifying ever.i think you'll find that other johnny foreigner (sven) got us qualified for 3 tournaments, reaching the quarters in all 3. that, apart from venables' semi(aided by home advantage) is the best england achievement in nearly 50 years.
you might think 13th out of 32 was the worst finish but i'd strongly argue that 11th in the euros in 2000 was a far far worse result. bet it was a johnny foreigner who managed us then..... oh no it was that passionate,proud english yeoman - kevin keegan. 'i dreaded the day England winning a world cup with a Swede or Italian' - REALLY? HONESTLY? what sort of patriotic englishman are you? i want england to win championships and i don't give a flying fook who's in charge. if you could guarentee me that bluddy coco the clown would lead us to vistory in the euros i'd bite your hand off.
it has to be an englishman?? why? oh yeah ,coz they've got pride and passion and they understand english footballers - that worked soooo well with taylor, mclaren, hoddle and keegan didn't it? I'd argue that you select the best man for the job, no matter what his race,colour,sexuality or religion.
sorry for the rant but i just find the argument that we have to have an englishman as manager as utter and total bollox.

rant over. ps nothing personal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Rodley Mariner
March 2, 2012, 11:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,280
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from forza ivano

sorry for the rant but i just find the argument that we have to have an englishman as manager as utter and total bollox.

That's crazy talk. Look at when Redgrave won his last gold whilst being coached by a German. Ruined it for everybody and has been pretty much discounted. Likewise nobody takes any enjoyment over England being the best cricket team in the world as they're coached by a foreigner. Oh for the days of us struggling to beat Zimbabwe under David Lloyd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
forza ivano
March 2, 2012, 11:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

That's crazy talk. Look at when Redgrave won his last gold whilst being coached by a German. Ruined it for everybody and has been pretty much discounted. Likewise nobody takes any enjoyment over England being the best cricket team in the world as they're coached by a foreigner. Oh for the days of us struggling to beat Zimbabwe under David Lloyd.

quite right - and i could add that bluddy ozzie bill sweetenham who managed to turn round our nice, soft n cuddly swimming team and turned them into  a bunch of nasty, hard working world beaters. disgraceful.
ps and i'm not cheering andy murray if he wins a major title(wtf does ivan lendl know anyway?), not unless he's coached by a passionate brit like buster mottram
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
Biccys
March 2, 2012, 12:09pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from forza ivano

quite right - and i could add that bluddy ozzie bill sweetenham who managed to turn round our nice, soft n cuddly swimming team and turned them into  a bunch of nasty, hard working world beaters. disgraceful.
ps and i'm not cheering andy murray if he wins a major title(wtf does ivan lendl know anyway?), not unless he's coached by a passionate brit like buster mottram

Can't win on grass...!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 59
GtfcGarner
March 2, 2012, 1:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,810
Gold Stars: 26
Mourinho best out of the lot, Harry would be a good choice also but can just see Jose as he is 'the special one'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
psgmariner
March 2, 2012, 1:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Mourinho would be my choice. He is very close to winning the league in Spain which is an incredible achievement when Barca are around plus he has won the Champions League twice, the Uefa Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup twice, the Portuguese league twice, the Prem twice and Seria A twice. Compare his medal hall with Arry's FA Cup and Division 2 title. No contest.

To appease the anti foreigners he speaks fluent English, has manged here for a few years previously and would have the respect of the players.

It's WIN WIN WIN for me (that's even better than WIN WIN).

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ingerrrland

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.