Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Abandon the ballot!

This thread currently has 2,023 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 10:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
On the basis of the Trust being offered a place on the board (I won't add the obvious), in the middle of this process, surely it is now right and proper that this ballot be abandoned with immediate effect as this news was not available at the start of the process.

Surely it brings into question the way that the GTFC board are operating that this should be dropped in prior to the end of the ballot?
Private Message
bax
February 27, 2012, 10:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
100% agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 12:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The integrity of the ballot has been irrevocably damaged.

If just one Trust member has changed his vote as a result of the blatant inducement to vote 'yes' that this deviously late announcement is clearly meant to offer, then the whole process is corrupted

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
FFS
February 27, 2012, 12:53pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Ipswin
The integrity of the ballot has been irrevocably damaged.

If just one Trust member has changed his vote as a result of the blatant inducement to vote 'yes' that this deviously late announcement is clearly meant to offer, then the whole process is corrupted

FFS.

You'd think it was an election in the Arab Spring or something.

IRREVOCABLY
BLATANT INDUCEMENT
DEVIOUSLY LATE

.......HISSY FIT.

Get a grip man.

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FFS

FFS.

You'd think it was an election in the Arab Spring or something.

IRREVOCABLY
BLATANT INDUCEMENT
DEVIOUSLY LATE

.......HISSY FIT.

Get a grip man.

Firstly its far more important that some bunch of Arabs shouting, wailing and shooting each other (there are lots of them but only one Grimsby Town) and secondly my apologies about the big words

I forgot this is The Fishy and 'the cat sat on the mat' is more appropriate suitable
better

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
FFS
February 27, 2012, 1:27pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

Firstly its far more important that some bunch of Arabs shouting, wailing and shooting each other (there are lots of them but only one Grimsby Town) and secondly my apologies about the big words

I forgot this is The Fishy and 'the cat sat on the mat' is more appropriate suitable
better

FFS I'm am accusing you of being a drama queen, not a sesquipedalian.

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
sonik
February 27, 2012, 1:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
I'm really at a loss to your vindictive statements Ipswin.  Why???

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
roundballovalhole
February 27, 2012, 1:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from sonik
I'm really at a loss to your vindictive statements Ipswin.  Why???

I dont read what he is asying as 'vindictive'.  I think he is expressing dissappointment at the way things are operating at the Club at the moment.

I wouldn't go so far as to say there are a lot of smoke and mirrors but the process is far from transparent and I think Ipswin gets the same feeling I do; that the club is being played with like a football, this is a distraction from the job in hand, your brother isn't being quite upfront about what is happening, the goalposts keep shifting etc
Reply: 7 - 21
sonik
February 27, 2012, 1:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1054

I dont read what he is asying as 'vindictive'.  I think he is expressing dissappointment at the way things are operating at the Club at the moment.

I wouldn't go so far as to say there are a lot of smoke and mirrors but the process is far from transparent and I think Ipswin gets the same feeling I do; that the club is being played with like a football, this is a distraction from the job in hand, your brother isn't being quite upfront about what is happening, the goalposts keep shifting etc

I think unless you have been privy to these meetings between GTFC and the Trust the smoke and mirror comment from yourself has been derived from various posters on this board.  People read too much into some of these statements when they clearly are making a guess at best.

Let's concentrate on the Job in hand of winning football matches to get us out of this League.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from FFS

FFS I'm am accusing you of being a drama queen, not a sesquipedalian.

I should hope not - I am as English as you !

Seriously you don't think it is 'irrevocably' damaged? You really think a number of potential 'no' voters won't have been swayed by this?

You don't think it's a 'blatant inducement' to vote 'yes'? It has been announced just a week before voting closes after much discussion by those who were undecided about how the Trust were going to benefit from gifting the shares

As for 'deviously late' if you can't see that there is no hope

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.