Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 143 Guests

Abandon the ballot!

This thread currently has 2,022 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 27, 2012, 2:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from sonik

Let's concentrate on the Job in hand of winning football matches to get us out of this League.

UTM!

That is solid advice Sonik but maybe you are directing it at the wrong person!
Reply: 10 - 21
cod.gtfc
February 27, 2012, 2:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
FFS this ballot is getting boring now, unless you guys complaining have some other way we can survive without Fenty's money then by all means put your money where your mouth is, otherwise stop your moaning and give Fenty the shares so we have a club to support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
cod.gtfc
February 27, 2012, 2:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Ipswin

You don't think it's a 'blatant inducement' to vote 'yes'? It has been announced just a week before voting closes after much discussion by those who were undecided about how the Trust were going to benefit from gifting the shares

Where does it say a board place is only if a "yes" vote happens?

How do you know that people now won't vote no because the trust could have a place on the board without gifting away shares?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Chris
February 27, 2012, 2:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from cod.gtfc
FFS this ballot is getting boring now, unless you guys complaining have some other way we can survive without Fenty's money then by all means put your money where your mouth is, otherwise stop your moaning and give Fenty the shares so we have a club to support.

Its very dangerous to be planning ahead and being totally dependant upon John Fenty, both for him and for the club. Id be amazed if JF wants to keep pumping money in (whether it be via loans or otherwise) into anything more than the short term.

Promotion and living within our means has to be the aim IMO persoanal opinion. We cant rely on someone pumping money in JUST to survive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
cod.gtfc
February 27, 2012, 2:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Chris

Its very dangerous to be planning ahead and being totally dependant upon John Fenty, both for him and for the club. Id be amazed if JF wants to keep pumping money in (whether it be via loans or otherwise) into anything more than the short term.

Promotion and living within our means has to be the aim IMO persoanal opinion. We cant rely on someone pumping money in JUST to survive.

I agree but until we either get promotion, or live within our means without a rich man, then we have no choice. How many clubs live within their means btw? and what did it take for them to get there?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
marinerjase
February 27, 2012, 3:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 156
Personally, I think this stinks. Fed up of the whole thing but not surprised one bit.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HarryHaddocks on the other thread

''if it can be confirmed in time for me to get my postal ballot in for March 5th then I will definitely be voting YES, rather than the NO that would have been there previously!''

Now tell me this announcement, which incidentally will entail nothing like it sounded when 'Mariners Trust' first put it out, will not affect the vote.

Initially I only criticised Fenty for this apparent 'sweetener' designed to sway the vote but the position of the Trust board (the majority of whom want a 'yes' vote I believe) also looks dubious here.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
HarryHaddocks
February 27, 2012, 3:54pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Ipswin
Quoted from HarryHaddocks on the other thread

''if it can be confirmed in time for me to get my postal ballot in for March 5th then I will definitely be voting YES, rather than the NO that would have been there previously!''

Now tell me this announcement, which incidentally will entail nothing like it sounded when 'Mariners Trust' first put it out, will not affect the vote.

Initially I only criticised Fenty for this apparent 'sweetener' designed to sway the vote but the position of the Trust board (the majority of whom want a 'yes' vote I believe) also looks dubious here.

Hang on, hang on!!!!!!!!!  

If you're going to quote me I better remind you I said "if it can be confirmed".  I am not going to alter my vote for a slot in board meetings!  I want a seat. Give us a seat!

#wewantharryback

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
HarryHaddocks
February 27, 2012, 4:08pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Where does it say a board place is only if a "yes" vote happens?

How do you know that people now won't vote no because the trust could have a place on the board without gifting away shares?

And WHS (cod.gtfc).  Although I agree with a cod only through the skin of my gills.

It goes back to Tommy's key question on the other thread.

A proper seat on the board - dependent on Trust gifting 200,000 shares to Fenty, or not?

Clear it ain't.

I'm confused.

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HarryHaddocks

Hang on, hang on!!!!!!!!!  

If you're going to quote me I better remind you I said "if it can be confirmed".  I am not going to alter my vote for a slot in board meetings!  I want a seat. Give us a seat!

#wewantharryback

I didn't misquote you at all in fact I included the 'if it can be confirmed' in the quote - my point was that giving a place on the GTFC board to a member of the Trust could well influence the vote (and in the case of many voters simply 'offering' a place would be enough.)

As it stands from your initial enthusiasm I suspect you had no understanding of how ineffective he/she would be and what a minor role the Trust member on GTFC's board would be forced to play even when the seat is 'concrete'

Dress it up how you like, back off from your initial excitement and your change of vote if you wish but the announcement has come at a vital moment and the timing of it is to say the least open to suspicious interpretation.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.