Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 151 Guests

Abandon the ballot!

This thread currently has 2,020 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HarryHaddocks
February 27, 2012, 4:33pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Ipswin

I didn't misquote you at all in fact I included the 'if it can be confirmed' in the quote - my point was that giving a place on the GTFC board to a member of the Trust could well influence the vote (and in the case of many voters simply 'offering' a place would be enough.)

As it stands from your initial enthusiasm I suspect you had no understanding of how ineffective he/she would be and what a minor role the Trust member on GTFC's board would be forced to play even when the seat is 'concrete'

Dress it up how you like, back off from your initial excitement and your change of vote if you wish but the announcement has come at a vital moment and the timing of it is to say the least open to suspicious interpretation.

Woah! I didn't say you misquoted me. I was merely explaining my position.

As to your rather patronising "I suspect you had no understanding of how ineffective he/she would be and what a minor role the Trust member on GTFC's board would be forced to play even when the seat is 'concrete'".  Errm - I think you and I have differing opinions on what is achievable with a 'concrete' Trust seat on the board, and maybe even what Trusts are for.  

Do have a look at this website when you have some spare time:

http://www.supporters-direct.org/

Follow me on Twitter @Harryhaddocks
><(((((*>
#theonlywayishaddock #wewantharryback
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
Ipswin
February 27, 2012, 4:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HarryHaddocks

I think you and I have differing opinions on what is achievable with a 'concrete' Trust seat on the board, and maybe even what Trusts are for.  

Do have a look at this website when you have some spare time:

http://www.supporters-direct.org/

So are you saying that, providing it's concrete, a place (I won't call it a 'seat' as it won't be a full blown position) on the board for the Trust, however little power it brought (see DavidB's detailed post), would satisfy you and would cause you to vote 'yes'?

What am I supposed to be looking at on the website you quoted?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abandon the ballot!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.