5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ponnyfan
February 17, 2012, 8:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Dan
Honest John must surely of frittered away most of the Fenty inheritance by now. The club is a financial black hole. I can think of far better things to do with the sums he's invested.
I think you will find he grafted for his money - not inherited it, and I think you will probably find he probably hasn't invested £20 million from the sale of FSF into GTFC.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 470
I think Mike Parker gave away all those shares to the Trust because of the takeover panel enquiry, but someone would have to ask Mike Parker, sounds to me he didnt want the commitment and if he really wanted control why didnt he just buy John Fenty totally out if they had a disagreement?

All in the past now, onwards and upwards - this season and next season financially secure - yes I will be one of many voting yes to the Trust passing over the shares to Fenty.  

Who allowed MP to have more shares than JF, that didn't come out of the blue, it was engineered so that MP would be forced to buy JF out and his benign loan.

We'll never know if there are potential investors out there because not only would they have to buy JF's shares but also pay back £2 Million plus in benign loans.  It would be like buying a house valued at 200K when it's only worth 50K, you don't have to be a businessman to weight that up.  Until that benign loan is paid back or absorbed as shares (which will never happen) it will hang around the clubs neck like a millstone.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
arryarryarry
February 17, 2012, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Chris
I see your point but I can not see an invester wanting to spend large amounts extra to dilute JF or MP's shares to get control  when it would be more cost efective just to buy them from MP or JF, As loans can not be paid back unless the club has good fortune and be in a good financial position to do so, with this in mind I can see why MP wanted shares instead as he has a better chance of getting his money back quicker.

I don't think that is true, if the club were to fold tomorrow then the first in line for any pay out would be those with secured loans and I doubt JF would have not had his loans secured.

Secondly if that happened then the shareholders would lose all.

Do you really think that anyone who has shares is ever likely to see their money back?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
mariner91
February 17, 2012, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 470
Mike Parker, did he give away all those shares to the Trust because of the takeover panel enquiry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I know what I think.

Their was so much hope but then again so much disapointment regardless at the end of the day be thankful Mike Parker put money into the club, otherwise we would be an extra 1 million in the crap.

Hope some mental diehard Town fan wins the Euro Millions one day soon, live in hope.  

I enter every week saying to myself if I win I'd spunk most of it on Town but so far the most I've won is a fiver and that was only once .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
LeightonMariner
February 17, 2012, 10:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Mike parker has not given the club anything, he bought 1million pounds worth of shares which if he had sold to anyone he would have got his money back. the fact is he gave 500k away ( his choice) and still holds 500k which if he could find someone to buy he would get his money back,
Like it or not his shares are an asset he can sell or give away and if he did sell only he NOT the club would benefit.

Everyone says JF's loans stop anyone buying the club but the same could be said for MP's shares because if someone wanted total control of the club they would have to buy them giving him his money back

Really?  So if the shares have a value of £1 each why doesn't JF buy from the Trust instead of getting them on a wing and a prayer?  The only value of shares in GTFC at this moment in time are as a bargaining/voting tool, it's incredibly naive in my view for the Trust to relinquish some of theirs (ours) when at this moment in time there is absolutely no need to.  I would suggest that JF is using the feelgood factor around the place, interjected with reminders of the bad old days, to (strong word here) manipulate the supporters.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
arryarryarry
February 17, 2012, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
[quote=161]

Mike parker has not given the club anything, he bought 1million pounds worth of shares which if he had sold to anyone he would have got his money back. the fact is he gave 500k away ( his choice) and still holds 500k which if he could find someone to buy he would get his money back,
Like it or not his shares are an asset he can sell or give away and if he did sell only he NOT the club would benefit.

Everyone says JF's loans stop anyone buying the club but the same could be said for MP's shares because if someone wanted total control of the club they would have to buy them giving him his money back [/quote]

Again I don't know if you are correct in making that statement, as far as I know if someone wanted to come in and take over the club they would have to make an offer for the shares, there is no guarantee that the offer will be for the shares full price that they were bought for.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Marinerz93
February 17, 2012, 12:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry
[quote=161]

Everyone says JF's loans stop anyone buying the club but the same could be said for MP's shares because if someone wanted total control of the club they would have to buy them giving him his money back [/quote]

Again I don't know if you are correct in making that statement, as far as I know if someone wanted to come in and take over the club they would have to make an offer for the shares, there is no guarantee that the offer will be for the shares full price that they were bought for.

The problem arises when you get someone who will buy all shares but not any loans against the club.  Why would any one pay over the odds for assets.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
excusebeef
February 17, 2012, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
sometimes i really want JF to say sod you lot of ungreatful arses i'm pulling out. We would probably never have a club then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Sixpence
February 17, 2012, 1:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from excusebeef
sometimes i really want JF to say sod you lot of ungreatful arses i'm pulling out. We would probably never have a club then.

WHS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
pleasegoup
February 17, 2012, 6:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
i dont understand why people keep assuming fenty has some ulterior motive.

you can question some of the decisions made over the past 5-10 years, but it is blatantly obvious that whatever fenty has done, has been with the good of gtfc at heart.  things might not have gone well over that time, but it hasnt been for want of money or effort.

he knows he will never get his money back from gtfc, unless some billionaire decides to buy town instead of tottenham.  he has stated repeatedly that he will only ask for the loans to be repaid, if the club can afford to repay them.

i would be willing to bet, that if some fairly rich man came into town, willing to take over fentys commitment to the club, that he would sell his shares for £1 just to be shot of the millstone round his wallet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker - The Great Pretender

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.