Mike Parker - The Great Pretender

This thread currently has 4,907 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
SkegFan
February 16, 2012, 1:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Out of all of this discussion and share matter, the one thing that stands out to me is that Mike Parker was "The Great Pretender".

He arrived at our football club, putting in money and pretending that he really cared about the club. But when push came to shove, he ran a mile at the slightest sniff.

Quite frankly it shows me that Mike Parker wasn't committed to our club in the way in which he pretended to be. Whereas John Fenty is 1%million committed to the club.

I just can't believe that John Fenty is prepared to write out another cheque for £200,000 which he knows he is never going to see again by putting it into a lower league football club. That is unbelievable in this day and age. £200,000 is a massive amount of money to throw away. It's not as if we are a Man Utd where you know you are going to get a return on your investment. This is a payment being made out of love for the club in the knowledge that the chances of every recovering the money are next to chance.

It was said by many that Mike parker's wealth was far greater than John Fenty's. Well good for him, but that was never any good to us if he wasn't prepared to back us on an ongoing basis. I reckon Mike Parker decided to invest the money he did in the hope it was enough to get us back in the league, but that he never had any intention of ever investing any more. That is not the qualification needed to be a football club owner I am afraid Mr Parker. You soon got rid of your shares to the Supporters Trust as soon as the Shareholding Panel sussed you out started talking about having to take things further.

Well done Joh Fenty I say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
siy2k5
February 16, 2012, 1:45pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
It's impossible to be 1million % committed

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
SkegFan
February 16, 2012, 1:46pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from siy2k5
It's impossible to be 1million % committed

You know very well what I mean.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
siy2k5
February 16, 2012, 1:48pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from SkegFan

You know very well what I mean.

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood. All this board room stuff is giving me a headache.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
LeightonMariner
February 16, 2012, 1:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from SkegFan
Out of all of this discussion and share matter, the one thing that stands out to me is that Mike Parker was "The Great Pretender".

He arrived at our football club, putting in money and pretending that he really cared about the club. But when push came to shove, he ran a mile at the slightest sniff.

Quite frankly it shows me that Mike Parker wasn't committed to our club in the way in which he pretended to be. Whereas John Fenty is 1%million committed to the club.

I just can't believe that John Fenty is prepared to write out another cheque for £200,000 which he knows he is never going to see again by putting it into a lower league football club. That is unbelievable in this day and age. £200,000 is a massive amount of money to throw away. It's not as if we are a Man Utd where you know you are going to get a return on your investment. This is a payment being made out of love for the club in the knowledge that the chances of every recovering the money are next to chance.

It was said by many that Mike parker's wealth was far greater than John Fenty's. Well good for him, but that was never any good to us if he wasn't prepared to back us on an ongoing basis. I reckon Mike Parker decided to invest the money he did in the hope it was enough to get us back in the league, but that he never had any intention of ever investing any more. That is not the qualification needed to be a football club owner I am afraid Mr Parker. You soon got rid of your shares to the Supporters Trust as soon as the Shareholding Panel sussed you out started talking about having to take things further.

Well done Joh Fenty I say.

Can you explain where the club would be without Mike Parkers million pounds?  Fair enough beat JR's drum if that's your view but don't ignore what MP's cash could have started.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
Dan
February 16, 2012, 1:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Honest John must surely of frittered away most of the Fenty inheritance by now. The club is a financial black hole. I can think of far better things to do with the sums he's invested.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
SkegFan
February 16, 2012, 2:00pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Can you explain where the club would be without Mike Parkers million pounds?  Fair enough beat JR's drum if that's your view but don't ignore what MP's cash could have started.

Err I think you will find that John Fenty was managing the club financially very well long before Mike Parker came along. Especially in the way he managed the HMRC debt that he inherited. Yes of course JF brought in MP to share the burden and so he should have, given all the prospects and benefits that Mike Parker was supposed to bring with him.

Yes of course his initial share purchase was good for the club as is anybody's money, be it investor, fan or visitor. But Mike Parker came into a club making bold statements about how he wanted to jointly assist with John Fenty in rebuilding our club. He spat his dummie out at the first sign he wasn't going to have it all his own way, as soon as there was a bit of boardroom conjecture. Frankly, Mike Parker has been useless as far as I am concerned. It smacks of shades of "Michael Knighton/Man Utd" to me.

Where is he now then? Why isn't he at games? Is he even a Town supporter at heart?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 2:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Did he stroke your hair as your head went backwards and forwards skegfan.

Worst WUM ever.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
Quagmire
February 16, 2012, 2:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Marinerz93
Did he stroke your hair as your head went backwards and forwards skegfan.

Worst WUM ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
arryarryarry
February 16, 2012, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from SkegFan

Err I think you will find that John Fenty was managing the club financially very well long before Mike Parker came along. Especially in the way he managed the HMRC debt that he inherited. Yes of course JF brought in MP to share the burden and so he should have, given all the prospects and benefits that Mike Parker was supposed to bring with him.

Yes of course his initial share purchase was good for the club as is anybody's money, be it investor, fan or visitor. But Mike Parker came into a club making bold statements about how he wanted to jointly assist with John Fenty in rebuilding our club. He spat his dummie out at the first sign he wasn't going to have it all his own way, as soon as there was a bit of boardroom conjecture. Frankly, Mike Parker has been useless as far as I am concerned. It smacks of shades of "Michael Knighton/Man Utd" to me.

Where is he now then? Why isn't he at games? Is he even a Town supporter at heart?

By 'eck I never cease to be amazed by the clueless dicks on this site.

A few points that you have failed to answer, if Mike Parker wasn't committed to the club why has he effectively given AND NOT LOANED 1 million pounds to the club, secondly do you ever go to the away matches, how often do you see the other directors at the games and if they were that committed why haven't they given 1 million pounds to the club?

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker - The Great Pretender

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.