Reply: 20 - 49
Codswede
February 16, 2012, 3:27pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Someone puts effort and time to give their opinion and are shot down immediately by the minority, without argument... About right for this board.

Read it enough times, we're all GTFC fans together, apparently JF is a GTFC fan and apparently MP is a GTFC fan... We need all the money we can get at the minute, so do all football clubs, so unless someone else is willing to offer 200k, I don't see any option but to accept the offer and stick together and push the team to the playoffs.

Gimp fans and darlo fans would snap your hand off at an offer of 200k!

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 3:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from sonik

Now now Chris!

Will take that as a 'maybe'
Reply: 22 - 49
nelly_gtfc
February 16, 2012, 3:39pm
Guest User
Mike Parker, did he give away all those shares to the Trust because of the takeover panel enquiry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I know what I think.

Their was so much hope but then again so much disapointment regardless at the end of the day be thankful Mike Parker put money into the club, otherwise we would be an extra 1 million in the crap.

Hope some mental diehard Town fan wins the Euro Millions one day soon, live in hope.  
Reply: 23 - 49
realityman
February 16, 2012, 3:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
what a bunch of muppetts!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 3:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from 470
Mike Parker, did he give away all those shares to the Trust because of the takeover panel enquiry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I know what I think.

Their was so much hope but then again so much disapointment regardless at the end of the day be thankful Mike Parker put money into the club, otherwise we would be an extra 1 million in the crap.

Hope some mental diehard Town fan wins the Euro Millions one day soon, live in hope.  

What do you think?
Reply: 25 - 49
Youngy
February 16, 2012, 4:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
I still dont get what peoples major issue is, the facts are Fenty is willing to put £200,000 into the club in exchange for some shares that are ultimatly useless in the Trusts hand as they have no financial clout whatsoever, the Trust still have shares in the club and the club is sustained until at least mid 2013

Whatever your feelings on Fenty, I don't understand why we can't just take that as black and white and allow the transaction to happen smoothly so our short term future is secure?

This argument about Parker putting £1,000,000 of his own money in the club, great, respect that but the facts are he's gone now and not coming back anytime soon. Fenty (whilst I for one have questioned some of the god awful decisions he's made over the past few years) has put alot more money then that into the club over the past 10 years or so yet his motives are still questioned? I don't blame him for wanting majority shareholding if he's going to put his own money in, he's securing his spot, what good business man wouldn't do that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
nelly_gtfc
February 16, 2012, 4:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054

What do you think?
I think Mike Parker gave away all those shares to the Trust because of the takeover panel enquiry, but someone would have to ask Mike Parker, sounds to me he didnt want the commitment and if he really wanted control why didnt he just buy John Fenty totally out if they had a disagreement?

All in the past now, onwards and upwards - this season and next season financially secure - yes I will be one of many voting yes to the Trust passing over the shares to Fenty.  
Reply: 27 - 49
arryarryarry
February 16, 2012, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Codswede
Someone puts effort and time to give their opinion and are shot down immediately by the minority, without argument... About right for this board.

Basically because he has no facts to back up his statement and other comments he has made.

I asked him several questions that he has failed to answer.

The key facts are that Mike Parker has effectively given, not loaned the club 1 million pounds.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Dan
February 16, 2012, 4:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from sam gy
[img]http://www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at/queen/disco/soloalbums/covers/pretender.jpg[/img]

Would someone be so kind as to do a dodgy photoshop job with this, to include MP's name and face?

[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/AlyYIrmCQAIOSZM.jpg[/IMG]

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker - The Great Pretender

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.