forza ivano
February 16, 2012, 2:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from SkegFan

Err I think you will find that John Fenty was managing the club financially very well long before Mike Parker came along. Especially in the way he managed the HMRC debt that he inherited. Yes of course JF brought in MP to share the burden and so he should have, given all the prospects and benefits that Mike Parker was supposed to bring with him.

Yes of course his initial share purchase was good for the club as is anybody's money, be it investor, fan or visitor. But Mike Parker came into a club making bold statements about how he wanted to jointly assist with John Fenty in rebuilding our club. He spat his dummie out at the first sign he wasn't going to have it all his own way, as soon as there was a bit of boardroom conjecture. Frankly, Mike Parker has been useless as far as I am concerned. It smacks of shades of "Michael Knighton/Man Utd" to me.

Where is he now then? Why isn't he at games? Is he even a Town supporter at heart?

hi john! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7KiUc.gif[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
SkegFan
February 16, 2012, 2:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from forza ivano

hi john! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7KiUc.gif[/IMG]

Not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 2:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quagmire, did you picture it as well  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 2:30pm
Guest User
Someone tries to assainate the charachter of a man who GAVE gtfc a million quid, gave half his shares to the trust and walked away (because of health reasons i understand) Fenty engages in sharp practices, loans, manipulates and plays hardball and you cant stop rimming him. . . wtf?
Reply: 13 - 49
Quagmire
February 16, 2012, 2:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
I'm trying not to 93!! I'm just about to have me dinner!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
biggles9999
February 16, 2012, 2:52pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from 1054
Someone tries to assainate the charachter of a man who GAVE gtfc a million quid, gave half his shares to the trust and walked away (because of health reasons i understand) Fenty engages in sharp practices, loans, manipulates and plays hardball and you cant stop rimming him. . . wtf?

Im not going to get into a major debate about all this boardroom stuff for now as Im standing back and taking it all in first.

But the sextion in bold is something I highly doubt for various reasons, such as he has never said this. If this was the case then why has he never stated 'Health reasons mean I cannot continue' rather than coming out with all the spiel about other people on the board? In addition to which extra roles Mike Parker has taken on since leaving the GTFC board would indicate to me his health is fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Marinerz93
February 16, 2012, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Quagmire
I'm trying not to 93!! I'm just about to have me dinner!!

I take it you'll be having some gentlemens relish with your main course and a healthy option of pineapple yoghurt for desert  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Garth
February 16, 2012, 3:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
[quote=3905]Out of all of this discussion and share matter, the one thing that stands out to me is that Mike Parker was "The Great Pretender".He arrived at our football club, putting in money and pretending that he really cared about the club. But when push came to shove, he ran a mile at the slightest sniff.

Quite frankly it shows me that Mike Parker wasn't committed to our club in the way in which he pretended to be. Whereas John Fenty is 1%million committed to the club.

I just can't believe that John Fenty is prepared to write out another cheque for £200,000 which he knows he is never going to see again by putting it into a lower league football club. That is unbelievable in this day and age. £200,000 is a massive amount of money to throw away. It's not as if we are a Man Utd where you know you are going to get a return on your investment. This is a payment being made out of love for the club in the knowledge that the chances of every recovering the money are next to chance.

The Great Pretender in all this is you, if putting a million pounds into the club is pretending let have some more pretence please, MP had a change of mind for whatever reason as is his right but decided to leave his money within the club via the supporters and for this he should be thanked not reviled.
As for comparing him with JF they are different animals and we are lucky to have had one for a whle and the other for as long as possible

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
sam gy
February 16, 2012, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,485
Gold Stars: 56
[img]http://www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at/queen/disco/soloalbums/covers/pretender.jpg[/img]

Would someone be so kind as to do a dodgy photoshop job with this, to include MP's name and face?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
Chris
February 16, 2012, 3:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from SkegFan
Out of all of this discussion and share matter, the one thing that stands out to me is that Mike Parker was "The Great Pretender".

He arrived at our football club, putting in money and pretending that he really cared about the club. But when push came to shove, he ran a mile at the slightest sniff.

Quite frankly it shows me that Mike Parker wasn't committed to our club in the way in which he pretended to be. Whereas John Fenty is 1%million committed to the club.

I just can't believe that John Fenty is prepared to write out another cheque for £200,000 which he knows he is never going to see again by putting it into a lower league football club. That is unbelievable in this day and age. £200,000 is a massive amount of money to throw away. It's not as if we are a Man Utd where you know you are going to get a return on your investment. This is a payment being made out of love for the club in the knowledge that the chances of every recovering the money are next to chance.

It was said by many that Mike parker's wealth was far greater than John Fenty's. Well good for him, but that was never any good to us if he wasn't prepared to back us on an ongoing basis. I reckon Mike Parker decided to invest the money he did in the hope it was enough to get us back in the league, but that he never had any intention of ever investing any more. That is not the qualification needed to be a football club owner I am afraid Mr Parker. You soon got rid of your shares to the Supporters Trust as soon as the Shareholding Panel sussed you out started talking about having to take things further.

Well done Joh Fenty I say.

Are you John Fenty's new user name?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker - The Great Pretender

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.