Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2012, 1:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from psgmariner
Andy - no offence mate but haven't you nearly killed yourself / your mate twice already doing this sort of thing?

He might also have the added hazard of Alfie hiding in the hedgerows trying to wedge a stick between his spokes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
AndyDarloFC
February 9, 2012, 2:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from psgmariner
Andy - no offence mate but haven't you nearly killed yourself / your mate twice already doing this sort of thing?

First walk I did was from Darlington to Lincoln, my friend fainted near Gainsborough due to exhaustion.
Second 1 from Grimsby to Macclesfield, I suffered concussion.

1st bike ride. I will complete

Quoted from ticker_1610
Whose town got that day Wrabs?

Gateshead at home.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 60
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2012, 2:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Gateshead at home.

At least it's not a big game one of our Trust members is missing to help raise money for another club!

I don't know why I'm excrement-stirring - up to you what game you go to  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
Brazilnut
February 9, 2012, 3:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 75

Lies. I was on my 4th pint by the time you rolled up!

dont remind me i was buying as you had left wallet in support van  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
marinerian
February 9, 2012, 3:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Brazilnut

dont remind me i was buying as you had left wallet in support van  

School boy error falling for the Vicars I left my wallet trick when in a boozer

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
Wrawby_Mariner
February 9, 2012, 4:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

At least it's not a big game one of our Trust members is missing to help raise money for another club!

I don't know why I'm excrement-stirring - up to you what game you go to  

Well someone is welcome to my season ticket stub for that match .. I'm joining him for my own reasons .. Losing weight is one. I need to do it to prove medics wrong and also to support a mate .. I'm not doing it for darlo I'm doing it for Andy who I think the world of and i value our friendship
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 36 - 60
Rodley Mariner
February 9, 2012, 4:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Well someone is welcome to my season ticket stub for that match .. I'm joining him for my own reasons .. Losing weight is one. I need to do it to prove medics wrong and also to support a mate .. I'm not doing it for darlo I'm doing it for Andy who I think the world of and i value our friendship

Was only winding you up - as I said it's entirely up to you what game you go to and I'm in the 'Hope Darlo Survive' camp. Good luck for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
AndyDarloFC
February 9, 2012, 5:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Respect to you mate; When you next in Grimsby, apart from Saturday obviously? I can't meet up then, as I think am off to the Darlo v Wrexham game.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 60
Pontoon Steve
February 9, 2012, 8:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from ticker_1610
The bike to the bank ride rode out towards Louth, then into Ludborough and up thru an unfamiliar part of the wolds. This road (on which my chain slipped n I went over the handlebars), came out on the Louth to Lincoln road. We cycled this right thru Wragby n on into Lincoln. Once on the Wragby road it became very busy possibly as bad as the A46. I think up Riby Drag, thru Caistor n there is a back road that winds it's way towards Lincoln, which would mean you miss out most of the heavy traffic n manic drivers with no spacial awareness. From the willows to Caistor via Riby usually takes bout 40 mins, steady slope all the way, rather than the intermittent climbs on the A46!

I would do this route, i take my bike in the car when we go Nottingham, and the wife drops me of at Langworth, 6 miles outside of Lincoln and i cycle home.

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bike to the Bank

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.