7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyDarloFC
February 8, 2012, 6:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I've noticed that some of you do an annual Bike to the Bank for various charities.

Well, I am gunna do my own Bike to the Bank for Lincoln City v Darlington on Monday 9th April to raise money to save my beleguared club. I'm not asking for any donations or anything or the kind.

I just would appreciate some help with the directions to Lincoln from Grimsby. ie:
- The best route?
- The timing of the journey?
- Timing to set off etc?
- Is the back-roads alright to bike along, is their anything I need to be wary off?
- Is there anyone in Grimsby, who could help with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Alfie
February 8, 2012, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Best of luck but I won't be donating a penny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 7:22pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Bit harsh, he only asked for the best route!

Without looking it up, off the top of my head you're probably best going A1 to Newark then A46 into Lincoln if you were going by car, so you need to be looking for minor roads that run alongside the A1.  

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
Dan
February 8, 2012, 7:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Good luck

Genuine question though, can you fulfill fixtures up until April?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
cmackenzie4
February 8, 2012, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Andy going through Binbrook,Tealby,Market rasen then onto Lincoln will take you roughly 4 hours at a steady speed - I,ve done it a few times and its a nice route to take mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
siy2k5
February 8, 2012, 7:38pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Doh, misread the OP, thought you were coming from Darlo  

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
blasty
February 8, 2012, 7:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from Alfie
Best of luck but I won't be donating a penny.

what a complete and utter tw@t you are, he wasnt asking for a donation if you could have been arsed to read the OP properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
marinerian
February 8, 2012, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
It took a lot of planning but was a fantastic day and the support we received from local businesses was fantastic.

Trouble is you may struggle to get that support unless you do it from Darlington to Lincoln, which is a long journey indeed!

Good look, I loved the bike ride to Sincil Bank

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
February 8, 2012, 7:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Andy going through Binbrook,Tealby,Market rasen then onto Lincoln will take you roughly 4 hours at a steady speed - I,ve done it a few times and its a nice route to take mate.

I think that's what we did that time. Wasn't too bad to be honest, but I needed to train for a month beforehand to do it in 3.5 hours.
Reply: 8 - 60
marinerian
February 8, 2012, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from 75

I think that's what we did that time. Wasn't too bad to be honest, but I needed to train for a month beforehand to do it in 3.5 hours.

I did it in 4 hours, after getting sent the wrong direction to the pub by some Locals,you finished just before me and we were top 10 of those who finished, which for me was fantastic.

I trained solid for 3 hours x 3 days a week for 3 weeks just to get my legs in some manner for a bike ride of 40+ miles  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bike to the Bank

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.