Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Presents............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Mariners Trust Presents............

This thread currently has 4,387 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners Trust
January 18, 2012, 9:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +87
                                                          An Evening with Alan Buckley

Mariners Trust are absolutely delighted to confirm that Alan Buckley has agreed to do a speaker evening at McMenemys on Friday April 13th 2012. All proceeds raised by the Trust will go towards Grimsby Town Youth Development and School of Excellence. The format of the evening is likely to be as follows, Alan will open with a 30min speech, we will then serve a pie, chips and peas supper whilst a specially commisioned DVD will be showing on the TV screens. We will then have with a Q & A session using questions that have been submitted in advance and then finish with a raffle/auction. We are very much hoping that a few former players will be in attendance .Also we are planning to have copies of the special DVD available for sale.

More details of ticket arrangements to follow but we anticipate this will be a very popular event. Tickets will be £15 for members and £20 for non members. We intend to give members a priority buying period before tickets go on general sale.

Watch this space for further details of this and other events we have planned. For all of these events there will be a benefit for members compared to non members and over a year this will easily more than cover membership fees and so why not  join now at http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk.

Logged Offline
Private Message
craigy
January 18, 2012, 9:05pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
how much is buckley getting paid out of this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
Tommy
January 18, 2012, 9:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Brilliant. I guarantee this will be a huge success. I will be there if I can get a ticket.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
Citymariner
January 18, 2012, 9:14pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Great idea. Having attended the Artie White nights, which have been fantastic, I can see this following the same kind of line.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
BIGChris
January 18, 2012, 9:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from craigy
how much is buckley getting paid out of this?

I can guarantee you that Alan is not being paid NOR did he request anything in return for giving his time for the fans of GTFC.

ALL proceeds will be directed to the Youth/SOE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Southwark Mariner
January 18, 2012, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,574
Gold Stars: 84
that sounds brilliant. Well done to the organisers!

Pie and Peas! I recommend Moorehouse's beer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
STB
January 18, 2012, 9:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I'd pay £50 to watch Mike Newell at McMenemys and £20 to throw a GTFC brick at the fucka.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
tashee69
January 18, 2012, 9:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BIGChris

I can guarantee you that Alan is not being paid NOR did he request anything in return for giving his time for the fans of GTFC.

ALL proceeds will be directed to the Youth/SOE

Don't give me that.....he wanted his free pie, peas and chips !!  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
moosey_club
January 18, 2012, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,342
Gold Stars: 229
So the trust is still concentrating its fundraising on the youth s/o/e is it?
How does that fit with any discussions the trust have had with JF's perception of the trusts possible role or function?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
Trawler
January 18, 2012, 9:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Splendid work Mariners Trust. This is a great way to kick off the new look Trust's events. I hope to come up from London to attend. I am sure many of the other exiles who are Trust members will do the same.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Presents............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.