Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?
Users Browsing Forum
Civvy at last and 130 Guests

What's going on with the youngsters?

This thread currently has 3,738 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Ulrika
September 16, 2011, 9:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rumours abound re an exodus of youngsters from the younger SofE teams, whats going on? These players are an important part of the future of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
September 16, 2011, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
As it is you that has heard the rumours why not tell us?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
BIGChris
September 16, 2011, 10:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from moosey_club
As it is you that has heard the rumours why not tell us?

WHS
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
we will return
September 16, 2011, 11:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Players are always leaving the teams all the time. In all age groups there are only be a few players that the coaches are really watching, the others are good players but maybe there to make up the numbers and therefore don't get played every week so then they leave the club and join a team in the local league. Players also leave to play with their friends in other teams and to be fair at their age they just want to be playing football with their mates without really thinking about the future. However some of the players that leave may not have looked good when they were with the team but then later developed into a very good player, meaning the club misses out on a real gem. I just don't think the young teams are as appealing to some of the players as it could be and they prefer to play for different local league teams, however I think it's more down to the mindset of the players.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Billybigbollox
September 16, 2011, 2:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
I know town have lost alot of young lads to the scunts as they have a lot better facilities ........I was speaking to a scout last week and he said scunthorpe are on about setting up an academy in grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
BIGChris
September 16, 2011, 3:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
The facilities used by Town's SOE are very good when set against most lower FL clubs. Scunny have the indoor 'shed' which is very useful.

The problem Town have is a lack of money, which in turn has led to coaching numbers being cut. I also know Scunny have approached a few ex Town SOE coaches to work for them.

Town need to get back to the FL asap which would prevent Scunny opening a satellite SOE in the area
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
GtfcGarner
September 16, 2011, 4:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Played in the u16 SoE last year, and tbf there was 5-6 of us who would work our nads off every session but how we got treated was like an animal, after being at the club for more than 5 years i decided to call it a day because it was effecting me out of football aswell. The coaches didn't push hard enough or give you specific training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
BIGChris
September 16, 2011, 4:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Played in the u16 SoE last year, and tbf there was 5-6 of us who would work our nads off every session but how we got treated was like an animal, after being at the club for more than 5 years i decided to call it a day because it was effecting me out of football aswell. The coaches didn't push hard enough or give you specific training.

I'd love to know how they 'treated you like an animal'.

Given biscuits and put on a lead?

You decided to call it at day at Under 16 level. Was that because you wernt being offered a YT and therefore going to be released?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
mariner91
September 16, 2011, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,731
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Like an animal? Melodramatic much?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
GtfcGarner
September 16, 2011, 4:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Not at all, just i believe i was good enough for the cut, id never give up on something i believed in, and you wouldn't understand if we asked for the littlest of things it wouldn't happen. Spoke to alot of people and at the end of the day if your not enjoying your football then something isn't right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.