Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 113 Guests

What's going on with the youngsters?

This thread currently has 3,741 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
StiggsGTFC
September 16, 2011, 4:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Not at all, just i believe i was good enough for the cut, id never give up on something i believed in, and you wouldn't understand if we asked for the littlest of things it wouldn't happen. Spoke to alot of people and at the end of the day if your not enjoying your football then something isn't right.

Got to agree with you.

And a good reply to someone questioning your motives.

Good luck in whatever path you take.....and go and enjoy your football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
September 16, 2011, 5:28pm
Guest User
Ive just been on a school trip with someone who plays for the under 16's and he has been told that he has to report to cheapside in the morning ...
Reply: 11 - 35
Grim up north
September 16, 2011, 5:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
The Town under 10's beat Lincoln 10-2 last week , they are in a far worse state due to parents having to fork out £400 on kit so therefore Town faced not the  best Lincoln team - just the kids whose parents could afford it.I hope it doesnt get to this for Town but money is very tight now we no longer get full league funding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
dapperz fun pub
September 16, 2011, 6:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Not at all, just i believe i was good enough for the cut, id never give up on something i believed in, and you wouldn't understand if we asked for the littlest of things it wouldn't happen. Spoke to alot of people and at the end of the day if your not enjoying your football then something isn't right.

a few lads i know tell the same tale especially the not enjoying it bit, they cant all be wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
STB
September 16, 2011, 6:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Why on earth would a youngster who is a decent player want to be a YT at a non-league club?

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
dapperz fun pub
September 16, 2011, 6:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from STB
Why on earth would a youngster who is a decent player want to be a YT at a non-league club?

because no other club as offered anything maybe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
GtfcGarner
September 16, 2011, 6:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

because no other club as offered anything maybe

Not that dapperz, i love the club with all my heart unlike most lads in the modern age supporting United, Chelsea whoever it is i had my heart set on playing for the club as i've followed the team since my grandad took me from the age of 6. But like i said i got treated like dirt and didn't enjoy it. Still follow the town though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
dapperz fun pub
September 16, 2011, 6:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Not that dapperz, i love the club with all my heart unlike most lads in the modern age supporting United, Chelsea whoever it is i had my heart set on playing for the club as i've followed the team since my grandad took me from the age of 6. But like i said i got treated like dirt and didn't enjoy it. Still follow the town though

didnt particulary mean you,i know some of the S o E coaches and have seen all of them at work one scotish guy struck me as especially clueless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 16, 2011, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Losing youngsters to league club SoEs is the price you pay for letting the club fester and drop out of the league. There's no answer to it except to get back up there.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
mr viv
September 16, 2011, 7:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
I run a kids team and have had the same lads since thet were 5yrs old. They are now u14 we are a very good side and have shared the league and cup with another side yr after yr. Not once has a scout been down to watch us not once!! I know for a fact i have better players than play with the u14 gtfc side and indeed saw 1st hand their 1st game of the season v lincoln when we had 10 and lincoln bare 11!!! What a mess for that to happen it simply shouldnt,i cannot work out for the world of me why they havent been down to see us surely someone keeps a eye on local leagues and when you see a side scoring 150 plus goals every yr and letting in less than 10 you perhaps would think mmmmm reckon they might have some decent lads???? The question is though would any of my boys go there?? maybe but am certainly not 100% sure they would.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.