Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

What's going on with the youngsters?

This thread currently has 3,743 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
sands
September 16, 2011, 7:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -7
Approval: +0
ive seen ur team vivins and the other decent team in that league with due respect my lads under sevens wud hammer most of the other teams so scoring 100 odd goals count for very little. ur team is very physical weras the other lot play a little bit and i think the lad up front alex is going to town so obviously they do watch. in short none of ur lads look good enough for a academy sorry just my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
STB
September 16, 2011, 10:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
This sands fellow seems a bit of a cünt Chaz.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
sands
September 16, 2011, 11:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from STB
This sands fellow seems a bit of a cünt Chaz.

the forums alan carr calls me a girl private for having a opinion im touched, bless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
STB
September 17, 2011, 8:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from sands

the forums alan carr calls me a girl private for having a opinion im touched, bless

Oooooooooooh, look at the muck in ere !

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
mr viv
September 17, 2011, 8:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Question is how many times has he watched us? And yes there are a lot of poor sides in our league that has always been the case in kids footy 2/3 good sides the rest not so,but to come out with a ridiculous comment like my under sevens would hammer them is totally disrespectful and very unrealistic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
aldi_01
September 17, 2011, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Unfortunately, football at this level is a little bit on the 'if your face doesn't fit' side of things. I've seen several players with similar talents to lads who were kept on but because someone didn't like them or their face didn't fit etc they were let go or were made to feel very uncomfortable. It happens at all clubs, Lincoln city are renowned for having a excrement youth set up, and it is veryuch if you can afford it and your parents can take you etc you'll do alright.

Town appears to be going that way but I'm sure it's not just down to the people running it but also the disastrous 10 years the club has had overall.

Not enough money is invested in youth football in this country, even at the top, wenger may claim to produce world class players but in all honesty, they are decent at best and their successes of the last 5-6 years prove that. It just seems to be an issue with youth football in England. A team that scores 100+ goals at u10/11/12 means buggerall to be fair other than the other teams probably aren't that interested in trophies etc but just allowing kids to play football is more important. I personally don't think kids should play competitive football until u13 anyway but if that true many a team and person may cease to exist if this were to happen.

The problem with junior football is and always will be, even at towns level etc is parents! Too many interfering, telling people that their son is the best player or how people should coach a team when in reality they know buggerall and are trying to live out their own failed career and lack of talent through their children.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
sands
September 17, 2011, 10:40am
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from mr viv
Question is how many times has he watched us? And yes there are a lot of poor sides in our league that has always been the case in kids footy 2/3 good sides the rest not so,but to come out with a ridiculous comment like my under sevens would hammer them is totally disrespectful and very unrealistic

my nephew plays for healing now but as playd for other teams in ur league so ive seen u and ur team several times.one time when he playd for shall we say a lesser team, i heard ur half time team talk u called the other team crap, i heard it clearly and ur opposing team wer nearer that kid is disrectful calling ur own players rubbish that is unrealistic and disrespectful so dont go there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
STB
September 17, 2011, 10:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mr viv

I think he's just a WUM Chaz.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Super Clive
September 17, 2011, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Alright girls calm down, remember its only kids footie its the taking part that counts morons.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
bradzmilne
September 17, 2011, 11:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,431
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Super Clive
Alright girls calm down, remember its only kids footie its the taking part that counts morons.

WHS.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on with the youngsters?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.