This thread currently has 3,466 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
September 9, 2011, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Don't worry. By the time the Bank of England have finished printing their way out of the shit the resultant inflation will mean we'll all be millionaires. By then of course a million pounds won't buy you a bag of crisps....

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
GrimRob
September 20, 2011, 1:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Not heard anything so I have composed a new letter:

Dear Mervyn,  

I am yet to hear from you, no doubt you have been mulling over the chance to undertake some "quantitative easing" in Grimsby Town Football Club. I write to you again because there has been a development since my letter was sent. Our beloved Chairman John Fenty has stood aside and Grimsby Town are now rudderless. This is a golden opportunity for your bank to take the helm should you wish to. Would the Bank of England be interested in not only financing the club but also joining the board (or even actually replacing what remains of the entire board)?

I don't represent the club but I reckon we could also name a stand after you. The Main Stand has seen better days. How about it gets a repaint financed by the bank and be renamed the Mervyn King stand? Or if you'd rather not hog the limelight we could call it the Quantitative Easing Stand instead? But we're getting into details now and I guess there's a lot to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you. Shall we meet at a game to discuss things?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 24
FishOutOfWater
September 20, 2011, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob

Dear Mervyn,  

I am yet to hear from you, no doubt you have been mulling over the chance to undertake some "quantitative easing" in Grimsby Town Football Club. I write to you again because there has been a development since my letter was sent. Our beloved Chairman John Fenty has stood aside and Grimsby Town are now rudderless. This is a golden opportunity for your bank to take the helm should you wish to. Would the Bank of England be interested in not only financing the club but also joining the board (or even actually replacing what remains of the entire board)?

I don't represent the club but I reckon we could also name a stand after you. The Main Stand has seen better days. How about it gets a repaint financed by the bank and be renamed the Mervyn King stand? Or if you'd rather not hog the limelight we could call it the Quantitative Easing Stand instead? But we're getting into details now and I guess there's a lot to discuss.

How dare you Rob....the club will not be rudderless. It must be so because it is on the OS statement, second to last paragraph

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2456000,00.html
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 24
RoboCod
September 20, 2011, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from GrimRob

Dear Mervyn,  

You should give that letter the final Robin Cooper touch and send in a pencilled drawing/scrawl of the new ground as you'd like to see it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
upthestripes
September 20, 2011, 3:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
The last question sounds like a threat lol

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Letter to the Bank of England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.