No Members and 101 Guests

Letter to the Bank of England

This thread currently has 3,465 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
September 8, 2011, 4:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600

I really wish I was as positive as you !
Tell me, how do you stay so optimistic and cheerful ?
If only everyone was like you everything would be so much better...    

My attitude is quite congruent with the performance and my recent experience of GTFC. . . i.e. not deluded
Reply: 10 - 24
80sglory
September 8, 2011, 4:48pm
Guest User
Typical view of someone who has swung too far off the end of the scale - if anyone dare says they're not "positive" then the questioner MUST be "deluded" about GTFC or "looking through rose tinted specs" even if they're clearly not at all.

The irony !
Reply: 11 - 24
ginnywings
September 8, 2011, 9:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
We could always apply for lottery funding if Merv doesn't shell out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
GrimRob
September 8, 2011, 10:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Right I've printed out the letter and put it in an envelope. When I walk to the post box tomorrow I'm going to to stride there filled with a sense of history in the making.  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 24
VictorMeldrewsDad
September 8, 2011, 10:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Already looking forward to the reply

I will never forget where I was the day Kennedy was stabbed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
upthestripes
September 8, 2011, 11:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from VictorMeldrewsDad
Already looking forward to the reply

I bet it's a short one

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
ponnyfan
September 9, 2011, 12:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Dear Mervyn King - I am destitute and my wife has left me - please find me a home ..................... holds breath for rebuke

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
STB
September 9, 2011, 10:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Dear Bank of England,

My football club has been mismanaged by a millionaire for what seems like an eternity.
We have slipped from being a stable league side into the oblivion of non-league.
As a business, the club in haemorrhaging almost a million pounds a year and attendances are falling alarmingly.
Approximately 97% of the local population do not watch the club on a regular basis and we currently only have nostalgic memories to motivate our fanbase, although that seems under threat due to the newly implemented ''don't look back'' initiative.
We do not have any new business proposals or innovative plans for alternative income streams.
Our management team is now computer literate.
With the information stated above, could you print a load of money out for us so we can gradually squander it but pretend everything is going well.
PS don't criticise any of our management staff or you will be met by a tirade of abuse and then a badly worded apology.

Thanks a fookin bunch

STB

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
1mickylyons
September 9, 2011, 10:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from STB
Dear Bank of England,

My football club has been mismanaged by a millionaire for what seems like an eternity.
We have slipped from being a stable league side into the oblivion of non-league.
As a business, the club in haemorrhaging almost a million pounds a year and attendances are falling alarmingly.
Approximately 97% of the local population do not watch the club on a regular basis and we currently only have nostalgic memories to motivate our fanbase, although that seems under threat due to the newly implemented ''don't look back'' initiative.
We do not have any new business proposals or innovative plans for alternative income streams.
With the information stated above, could you print a load of money out for us so we can gradually squander it but pretend everything is going well.
PS don't criticise any of our management staff or you will be met by a tirade of abuse and then a badly worded apology.

Thanks a fookin bunch

STB

On that note
SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Roast Em Bobby
September 9, 2011, 8:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from STB
Dear Bank of England,

Thanks a fookin bunch

STB

very good  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Letter to the Bank of England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.