Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › ***Blue Square Premier Transfers***
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

***Blue Square Premier Transfers***

This thread currently has 79,582 views. Print
43 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fishfinger
May 31, 2011, 9:53am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Well, now all of the play-offs have finished, I think we'll start looking to sign player just like what H&S said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 428
Stew0_0
May 31, 2011, 10:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6960377,00.html

Tamworth centre half Tom Marshall is switching to Kiddiminster Harriers

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6959393,00.html

Danny Potter, Goalkeeper ex-Torquay has signed for Newport County
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 428
Biccys
May 31, 2011, 10:07am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I sure hope the managers have got some players already lined up to sign soon. IT DOES appear we're doing the atandard GFTC thing and leaving it late to sign anyone. It's surely a fact that the best players in this and indeed any other division will be snapped up sooner rather than later.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 428
voice of reason
May 31, 2011, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Biccys
I sure hope the managers have got some players already lined up to sign soon. IT DOES appear we're doing the atandard GFTC thing and leaving it late to sign anyone. It's surely a fact that the best players in this and indeed any other division will be snapped up sooner rather than later.

There is that argument, or there is the argument to say the best players may wait until they see what offers they get and the shite will take the first offer made to them...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 428
Stew0_0
May 31, 2011, 10:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
To be honest the only players that have already Transferred that I would have liked to have seen here were Lee Stephenson whos gone to Mansfield and Ross Hannah who joined Bradford.  Possibly Richard Brodie too although haven't been that impressed when i've seen him and think there are better options than him up front available to us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 428
Garth
May 31, 2011, 10:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from voice of reason

There is that argument, or there is the argument to say the best players may wait until they see what offers they get and the shite will take the first offer made to them...

Amazed that some of our shite havent gone yet then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 428
voice of reason
May 31, 2011, 10:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from Garth

[/b]

Amazed that some of our shite havent gone yet then

Cummins went sharpish though didn't he... And maybe the rest of the shite haven't been offered anything yet...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 428
ginnywings
May 31, 2011, 10:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It doesn't matter when you sign players.It matters that you sign the right ones.

I refer you all to our last round of signings in Jan.Makes me shudder.

It's only really free agents that have been released early that start moving before June isn't it?

Most players contracts run out tonight i believe and the terrible twosome did say that there wouldn't be much movement until after the play offs ended and also stated that not all the squad would be assembled before pre season training started or even the pre season friendlies,so i'm not that fussed yet.

There will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing i would imagine,with the best players having more than one option.These type of players can more or less sit back and wait for clubs to come to them with their best offers.Some we will get,some will go to others.I'm sure Scohurst said they had about 60 players on their list and obviously,the ones at the top of that list will be the priorities.

We really need to get it right this time,so we are not looking to offload in a few months time yet again.The management have a track record at their last two clubs of squad building,so i think they have a better understanding of things than the last two did.

Fooking hope so anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 428
zorro_is_a_Mariner
May 31, 2011, 11:12am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Yep tomorrow is where the fun really starts with transfer activity. Also I seem to remember people asking when the new shirts will go on sale I asked the lass at the ticket office and she said 14th june is when they are released for sale so I presume we don't get to pick our shirt this year.  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 428
pseudonym
May 31, 2011, 3:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from ginnywings
It doesn't matter when you sign players.It matters that you sign the right ones.

I refer you all to our last round of signings in Jan.Makes me shudder.

It's only really free agents that have been released early that start moving before June isn't it?

Most players contracts run out tonight i believe and the terrible twosome did say that there wouldn't be much movement until after the play offs ended and also stated that not all the squad would be assembled before pre season training started or even the pre season friendlies,so i'm not that fussed yet.

There will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing i would imagine,with the best players having more than one option.These type of players can more or less sit back and wait for clubs to come to them with their best offers.Some we will get,some will go to others.I'm sure Scohurst said they had about 60 players on their list and obviously,the ones at the top of that list will be the priorities.

We really need to get it right this time,so we are not looking to offload in a few months time yet again.The management have a track record at their last two clubs of squad building,so i think they have a better understanding of things than the last two did.

Fooking hope so anyway.
Well said. People always criticise if we are late signing players. It is absolutely necessary to get the right ones (to get us out of this division quickly) and I think H&S know many contacts and are biding their time

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 428
43 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › ***Blue Square Premier Transfers***

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.