Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › ***Blue Square Premier Transfers***
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

***Blue Square Premier Transfers***

This thread currently has 79,680 views. Print
43 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
May 27, 2011, 9:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Cpl.Jones.... where are you.... " DONT PANIC..... DONT PANIC !!!!!
hardly has the sweat been wiped off the brows from last season.... jeeeeze.....

I think this season we will be mid-table.... normal run of the mill rubbish with gates averaging 2,000..... ( if we're lucky ! )

( well last season I predicted top half pushing for play offs and expecting a 4,000 average.... )  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 428
voice of reason
May 27, 2011, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ROKERITE

You're right that Luton Town have been favourites in their previous two seasons at this level, I just think that it'll be third time lucky for them. The season kicks off eleven weeks tomorrow I believe, so it's a bit early to be predicting; but that isn't going to stop me.
1st Luton Town,
2nd Mansfield Town,
3rd Grimsby Town,
4th Fleetwood Town,
5th Darlington,
6th Newport County,
7th Kidderminster Harriers.
8th York City.
Ofcourse, I reserve the right to alter these predictions several times, even before the second saturday in August, and will do so no doubt; but that's my forecast on 27th May, 2011.
Fear not Marinette, no ante-post betting will be made, involving Grimsby Town or any other team.

Fair enough... To be fair you seem quite up on the BSP, the players, managers and teams but I can't see Luton being top... They have stutttered their way through games since Brabin took over and whilst I know it sometimes taks time, he should have settled quickly and got results as he walked straight into a team that was getting results and he was already there, so knew the players etc...

Anyway, I'll take third, hope you're right...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 428
cod.gtfc
May 27, 2011, 10:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
rumours on Luton forum that Fleetwood are offering 250k for Connell.

most likely bullshite but if it happened a front three of viera, connell and brodie would be scary.

Not that we would be stupid enough to sell him to a rival club........... would we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 428
Fishfinger
May 27, 2011, 11:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from cod.gtfc
rumours on Luton forum that Fleetwood are offering 250k for Connell.

most likely bullshite but if it happened a front three of viera, connell and brodie would be scary.

Not that we would be stupid enough to sell him to a rival club........... would we?

Can you see him going to another non-league club when he's stated that he wants to play in the football league? Can't see that one happening IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 428
Stew0_0
May 29, 2011, 2:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
craig mcallister has signed for newport county on 2yr deal from crawley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 428
Maringer
May 29, 2011, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Good player so an excellent signing for Newport.

It's a bit of a pain in the bottom to see that, since we were relegated, so many teams in the BSP have been taken over by moneybags chairmen willing to splash the cash!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 428
cleefish
May 29, 2011, 2:53pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
We need to start signing some quality soon in my opinion.

IMHO I agree with you it puts the shits up me waiting whilst other teams are getting the best firsst I seem too get the feeling what started off well is going to end up like last 2 seasons .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 428
GtfcGarner
May 29, 2011, 3:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Stew0_0
craig mcallister has signed for newport county on 2yr deal from crawley

Wanted him here tbh, a in-form peacock i would say but S&H got their own ideas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 428
gary_elton
May 29, 2011, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
beginning to wonder what those ideas might be....  I cant see much happening next season...

Just a gut-feeling.   Hope they prove me wrong but I have never felt so disillusioned....

couldnt give a toss at the moment , whereas last year I couldnt wait for the fixtures to be
published , even knew the date when they were due out... havent a clue this year...

Last year was checkin out the new shirts... usually buy one every 2 years , and this year is when I'm due to get one,
but dont know if I'll bother....

mumble moan mutter... grumpy old man syndrome hit home methinks...     NURSE !?!?!  either of you will do....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 428
ROKERITE
May 29, 2011, 6:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from gary_elton
beginning to wonder what those ideas might be....  I cant see much happening next season...

Just a gut-feeling.   Hope they prove me wrong but I have never felt so disillusioned....

couldnt give a toss at the moment , whereas last year I couldnt wait for the fixtures to be
published , even knew the date when they were due out... havent a clue this year...

Last year was checkin out the new shirts... usually buy one every 2 years , and this year is when I'm due to get one,
but dont know if I'll bother....

mumble moan mutter... grumpy old man syndrome hit home methinks...     NURSE !?!?!  either of you will do....  

I'm waiting with bated breath for the fixtures to be released, just like every year.
I think this is going to be a fascinating season in the BSP, and Grimsby Town will be right in the mix at the top. With so many talented and ambitious managers; Brabin, Burr, Cooper, Cox, Hudson, Mellon and last but most certainly not least, Hurst&Scott.
It's going to be a thriller; enjoy!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 428
43 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › ***Blue Square Premier Transfers***

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.