Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 119,676 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Citymariner
July 14, 2008, 3:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
** update **

been to a financial advisor today - glad i did as i am now saving upto £60 a month on my own personal banking!!!

the best account for us is with business banking for clubs, societies and unincorporated associations

the advisors from the the out set says we need to get you FREE banking ie not incurring costs for the use of the account.

the account she recommends will be ideal for the potential cashflow of say thousands, will allow free transfers from BACS, deposited cash, debit payments, transfers

the account will also have a business reserve account, where it is suggested most money lies as it is at a high interest rate (this is where a businesses tax money usually goes)

the advisor says it is imperitive to get an account as any money that comes from this and goes into a personal account is subject to tax and having a busy body looking in. she states if you have backing especially from companies regardless of whether it is financial or through goods they have the right to request what happened etc.

she also states it makes the outfit more offical and EASIER for people to donate - she was very sympathetic of the cause and actually got really into what we could do.

we need to have a meeting (which she advises is minuted) to discuss this further.
she suggests that the account be setup with the site in mind not just the biketothebank fundraiser - that way merchandies etc. can be run through this keeping it seperate from persoanl accounts as transparency is the key.

we also get a FREE business manager for any questions or to sort out anything that may benefit us etc. (she mentioned big presentation cheques and stuff like that)

i have the forms, terms and conditions, her direct line, reference guides etc.

if we decide to go ahead we will need to consider:

Is this account right for us?
Where the £100 to open the account is coming from?
What will the acount be used for - just charity events or linked with the sites merchandise
Who will have operations over the account?
Are the operators suitable for handling the account?
when can we meet to finalise the operators as they will need ID to open the account as co-signitures?

i think this account thing is a big step - its all rather offical, however, i feel its a step worth making!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 550 - 1487
NewtoN
July 14, 2008, 3:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
you toko my advice then josh

i think we do need this seperate account and i'm presuming you and jon can co-sign and operate the account it as you are both in lincoln

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 551 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 14, 2008, 3:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Quoted from Green27
You have been a busy bee mate your all doing a brilliant job I hope John wasn't too loud for you first thing this morning either hehe.

UTM

He did my head in, Never again, i nearly spewed 3 times after going in that fridge!
I got sorted by 7ish though which i thought was good considering mark is never done on time lol

Hes offered me a job on there but turned it down as ive got an interview for checkout supervisor on monday.

Not happy has a weeks holiday as been cancelled!

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 552 - 1487
July 14, 2008, 3:16pm
Guest User
City I think before you get too far you must consult Rob,you may find he has such an account for selling shirts and operating this board.
Reply: 553 - 1487
Citymariner
July 14, 2008, 3:21pm
Pontoonite
icenian has brought up the crunch question!

thats my big step comment at the bottom!

we can not sign for anything untill this has been openly discussed etc.

what worries me is if all this effort is done in securing accounts etc. is this going ot be a one of? are there other charity based things we can do for 'club and country' in the future.

as regards the fishy tees and the webhosting, rob has invested his own money so technically why do we need to see whats going on.

i fully understand your concern, just thought i would go in get the advise from a professional so that it can be layed on the table (and it needs to be a real table not a cyber one) for discussion

Oh and we are on 80 members of the facebook group now - its steadily gaining momentum  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 554 - 1487
July 14, 2008, 3:32pm
Guest User
I wasn't for one moment suggesting don't do it.I just thought he may have one of that type of account for his operating of this board.It also may be he would want to keep it clear of whatever charity functions other people arrange through this board in which case it is essential you have a proper account.You may get questioned by sceptics on here as to where and what happened to the money and if you can produce the account then all is clear.
Better be safe than sorry,if the money gets tangled up with other things its the devils own job to sort it out and lays you open to criticism and worse.
Reply: 555 - 1487
Citymariner
July 14, 2008, 3:37pm
Pontoonite
spot on mate - the account will mke it transparent to the public and any other with an interest into its financial operation (jeex been reading those T&C's a little close)

i'm the fact they have a dedicated form for clubs and socieites shows the demand for them and the need.

i went into:
natwest
halifax
lloyds TSB
HSBC
Abbey

Abbey was the most enthusiatic and gave the info i needed. Natwest fobbed me off with a leaflet that actually has nothing to do with what i want. HSBC came second in my eyes with their community banking service but it doesn't offer the power and flexibillity for the Abbey business account and its thresholds are much lower for incurring charges etc.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 556 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 14, 2008, 3:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Bit of news espically for josh

The echo are running a story this week, just had an interview with them, they really want to run it as this story http://www.thisislincolnshire......p;contentPK=21073964
is what were trying to not to see! and the reporter thinks its fantastic.
My contact at lcfc will be in touch tomoro as he is very busy organising the villa game for tomoro.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 557 - 1487
blasty
July 14, 2008, 3:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Christ!!!

I go away for a long weekend with work and look what happens.

I'm pretty unfit and dont own a bike but count me in, this is a fantastic idea for a truly great cause.

I guess the fitness training starts here!

Truly amazing guys!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 558 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 14, 2008, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from blasty
Christ!!!

I go away for a long weekend with work and look what happens.

I'm pretty unfit and dont own a bike but count me in, this is a fantastic idea for a truly great cause.

I guess the fitness training starts here!

Truly amazing guys!!!

can you pm me with your full name and contack email and phone number please.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 559 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.