Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 60,637 views. Print
53 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
February 10, 2022, 8:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Google is your friend.

[url]https://www.google.com/search?q=jason+stockwood+grimsby+live+training+ground&sxsrf=APq-WBtrYt2WZLXb2V1qs4luXI8UmdaXbA%3A1644511757050&source=hp&ei=DUIFYsiKAdTD8gLJ7ZLwCQ&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYgVQHQVc0X5nNvXGK1HtKUkibrjPP4HJ&ved=0ahUKEwiIxezYy_X1AhXUoVwKHcm2BJ4Q4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=jason+stockwood+grimsby+live+training+ground&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQghEKABOgQIIxAnOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQgAQQsQM6EQguEIAEELEDEIMBEMcBENEDOhEILhCABBCxAxDHARDRAxDUAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguEIAEEMcBEKMCOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARDRAzoHCCMQ6gIQJ1AAWP0KYNMOaAFwAHgAgAGLA4gB2AOSAQUxLjMtMZgBAKABAaABArABCg&sclient=gws-wiz[/url]

Thanks James! I somehow missed this one, although to be honest it’s not much of an update is  it? …..Grimsby Town owner Jason Stockwood has revealed that an announcement over the location of the club's new training facilities is just 'months away'. (Telegraph October 12)

Then it’s reported …..Grimsby Town owner Andrew Pettit has revealed the club have now identified their prefered location for a new training base.(January 12th) I take it this is the update you’re referring to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 520
GollyGTFC
February 10, 2022, 8:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,987
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Humbercod

Do you have a link or just you parroting again?

Try Googling it yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 351 - 520
jamesgtfc
February 10, 2022, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,106
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Humbercod

Thanks James! I somehow missed this one, although to be honest it’s not much of an update is  it? …..Grimsby Town owner Jason Stockwood has revealed that an announcement over the location of the club's new training facilities is just 'months away'. (Telegraph October 12)

Then it’s reported …..Grimsby Town owner Andrew Pettit has revealed the club have now identified their prefered location for a new training base.(January 12th) I take it this is the update you’re referring to?

These things take time that is outside of the boards control. Shouting preferred sites from the rooftops hasn't got us a new stadium has it? Publicly naming their preference at this stage is hardly going to get them a good price on the land either is it?

What Pettit also said was that fans will soon work out where it is once the plans are submitted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 520
White_shorts
February 19, 2022, 3:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Chrisblor

Darlington moved to a new stadium in 2003, were relegated to the conference in 2010 and expelled from the entire pyramid by the FA in 2012.

Telford moved to a new stadium in 2003, were liquidated in 2004 and have primarily been stuck in the Conference North since reforming.

Chesterfield moved to a new stadium in 2010, were relegated to the conference in 2018 and have remained there since.

York City spent the last decade trying to get a new stadium built, moved into it last year, and currently sit in mid-table in the Conference North, 21 points below the automatic promotion spot.

If you're trying to suggest a direct correlation between building a new stadium and on pitch success i'm not really sure you've got a point.

I think Grimsby Town FC has potentially a much bigger fanbase than the clubs you mention. Unrestricted views and more toilets should attract the stay-aways.

Alas, Stockwood and Pettit recently used the term "white elephant" to describe a new stadium.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 520
Gaffer58
February 19, 2022, 5:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,103
Gold Stars: 33
At least when we play Southend in a couple of years no matter what the weather the game will be on, they’re getting a new stadium also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 520
aldi_01
February 20, 2022, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from White_shorts

I think Grimsby Town FC has potentially a much bigger fanbase than the clubs you mention. Unrestricted views and more toilets should attract the stay-aways.

Alas, Stockwood and Pettit recently used the term "white elephant" to describe a new stadium.

I see your point, and worth noting all the clubs listed there were operated by poor owners and were heading or already in the midst of financial issues…

You can provide a list of successes the other way…Brighton, Man City, Hull City (it has been excrement but they still improved when KC was built), Brentford, Rotherham, Doncaster, Shrewsbury, Swansea, Cardiff…

There’s always been a suggestion that, clubs operates correctly will improve with new stadiums. I do agree with the new owners though that at this stage, a new stadium probably shouldn’t be the priority…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 520
promotion plaice
February 20, 2022, 8:44am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201

I like the look of the N17 Arena at Spurs, maybe we could have something like this in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LChCPL3KWo

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 520
ska face
February 20, 2022, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,892
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from promotion plaice

I like the look of the N17 Arena at Spurs, maybe we could have something like this in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LChCPL3KWo

If we get a new ground, the only similarity there’ll be with the one at Spurs will be the big rectangle of grass in the middle.
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 520
Limerick Mariner
February 20, 2022, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,784
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from aldi_01

I see your point, and worth noting all the clubs listed there were operated by poor owners and were heading or already in the midst of financial issues…

You can provide a list of successes the other way…Brighton, Man City, Hull City (it has been excrement but they still improved when KC was built), Brentford, Rotherham, Doncaster, Shrewsbury, Swansea, Cardiff…

There’s always been a suggestion that, clubs operates correctly will improve with new stadiums. I do agree with the new owners though that at this stage, a new stadium probably shouldn’t be the priority…

We been round the houses on this so many times, the evidence is that in the long run well planned new stadia improve the standing of financially stable clubs (and also "we are all dead"). Examples like Darlo is a ridiculous outlier. Sadly, we are probably a prime long run example of what happens when you don't improve outdated facilities (stadium and training). Looking at our history our decline is actually startling, from comfortably in the top tier of "town" clubs (ie not big city) in the whole Lincs Yorkshire region with Barnsley and Huddersfield and probably top 10 in the whole country, to nearly 20 years of bottom tier and non-league.

I'd like to see what an architect could do with BP. Construction techniques have moved on since the early 80s when we had to demolish Barrett. There is a lot more off-side fabrication / modular build so construction times are reduced. What do we get with a phased replacement of the Pontoon, Main and Osmond? Do we get a 12k capacity stadium and at what cost? Surely the new owners will be assessing this against a new stadium behind the scenes. If we got promotion, with the uptick in crowds continuing we'd need to do something. The home areas would be near full for most league games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 520
promotion plaice
February 20, 2022, 9:26am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from ska face

If we get a new ground, the only similarity there’ll be with the one at Spurs will be the big rectangle of grass in the middle.

It's the community space, mini pitch, outside the stadium if you watch the video.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 520
53 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.