Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,346 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
June 26, 2016, 11:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

Are you taking the piss? Double the size of the EU?! Two of those countries have a population size comfortably smaller than Louth. 9 of them have populations smaller than Grimsby and Cleethorpes and 26 of them have populations smaller than Birmingham.

Not to mention one fifth of them are in Oceania which is a mere 9000 miles away and out of those 10 countries only three of them have populations bigger than 500,000. I'm sure we'll be getting loads of business from there.

We did plenty of business with the common wealth before and there was no horrendous red tape, a much more cost effective way to do business.

The population of EU is under 750 million, population of Common Wealth is = find out and let me know.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 356
mariner91
June 27, 2016, 12:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,813
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Marinerz93

We did plenty of business with the common wealth before and there was no horrendous red tape, a much more cost effective way to do business.

The population of EU is under 750 million, population of Common Wealth is = find out and let me know.

Well no excrement sherlock it's bigger as it includes India but some of them are among the poorest countries in the world. Zambia has a population size roughly equivalent to that of the Netherlands but it has an economy less than 10% of the Netherlands. I know who I'd rather be trading with especially when one is just across a small stretch of water and the other is in the southern hemisphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 356
forza ivano
June 27, 2016, 12:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mariner91

Are you taking the piss? Double the size of the EU?! Two of those countries have a population size comfortably smaller than Louth. 9 of them have populations smaller than Grimsby and Cleethorpes and 26 of them have populations smaller than Birmingham. 18 of these countries are smaller than the smallest EU member.

Not to mention one fifth of them are in Oceania which is a mere 9000 miles away and out of those 10 countries only three of them have populations bigger than 500,000. I'm sure we'll be getting loads of business from there.

Lmfao.please don't let logic get in the way of a good rant. I was going to reply to his previous post but gave up as it as obviously a waste of time .he is obviously a very angry person having flailed against the eu, big business, rich people, the government, the council,  civil servants et al. The referendum was a catalyst for every angry person to give a kick into the bollox of anyone and aeveryone in authority they felt deserved it. The eu was just the target, didn't matter if they weren't in the least bit responsible for the woe hat he voter was moaning about. Anyway we are where we are. We now just have to hope that we con our way out of this using the single market slight of hand and hope the morons are too busy waving their union jacks and singing rule Britannia to realise they've Beene shafted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 356
scrumble
June 27, 2016, 7:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from mariner91

The important number here is GDP. Even with the UK included the commonwealths GDP per capita is is only $4500 which, if it was a nation, would make it the 132nd poorest nation in the world.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 356
golfer
June 27, 2016, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Reading these posts it is clear to me that the expression often used by G.W. Bush  " soft bigotry of low expectations " applies to a lot of "remain " voters. These are my views in the politest possible way. Let,s try to think positive and show a bit of " British Bulldog " spirit.    " Look on the bright side of life "  instead of talking us down.  Imagine Paul Hurst telling his team 5 minutes before a game against Man. Utd. " You are all crap "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 356
mariner91
June 27, 2016, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,813
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from scrumble

The important number here is GDP. Even with the UK included the commonwealths GDP per capita is is only $4500 which, if it was a nation, would make it the 132nd poorest nation in the world.

Exactly. If the EU was a country it would have the highest GDP or second highest depending on your source. Not to mention generally countries trade more with closer countries for obvious reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 356
MarinerMal
June 27, 2016, 8:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +789
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Marinerz93
I've yet to hear a valid reason for staying, what don't some of you understand about democracy.

Well remaining part of the European single market  is one. That must be worth something as even the Leave campaign wants to remain part of it. Unfortunately, if they do, it seems they will have to accept freedom of movement rules putting the issues of immigration a Leave vote was meant to solve, back on the table.

As I've stated previously, I understand your frustrations with how the EU is run and have no problem with your reasons for voting to leave. The EU has plenty wrong with it. I personally believed, when weighing up Leave to Remaining, we were better of Remaining because IMO the EU helped more than hindered us. As part of the EU we could still have lobbie for change and if you listen to some of the things said coming from Germany it seems this may well be very much on the cards now. Whether that will be the changes you seek remains to be seen.

However, it may well turn out a good decision, no can say it will or won't, we have to wait and see.

The frustration that still remains is the feeling people voted on sound bites from the Leave Campaign. £350 million to the NHS, controlling our borders and stopping immigration. Both have been backtracked on since.

So even if Leaving ends up being the correct choice I dont think we made that choice on the right criteria.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 356
ginnywings
June 27, 2016, 8:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93
I've yet to hear a valid reason for staying, what don't some of you understand about democracy.

Faceless bureaucrats run the EU, they make decisions by corporations lobbying them, making up regulations and deciding where the money goes. This is not democracy, you can't vote these people out or take them to court. Have any of you seen their own private shopping center, a shopping center that the public can't use. The EU is systematically destroying all countries within the EU, Merkal being the worst culprit and Greece being the prime example. The EU is heading for something far worse than the old communist Russia, it wants and army to bring to bear pressure on the Russians.

The common wealth have already stated that they want to do business with us, that's 53 countries which is double the the size of the EU.

Enjoy the video below, comforting words from our American cousins, maybe help some of the chicken little's calm down.

So, you only understand democracy if you voted to leave? Thanks, that's obviously where I went wrong with voting remain. Damn!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 356
GrimRob
June 27, 2016, 9:44am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
Can't believe people think we can swap our trading partners right on our doorstep for our former colonies the other side of the world, and not notice any difference. If there is any hope of maintaining our standard of living then we have to at very least remain part of the single market,

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 228 - 356
GrimRob
June 27, 2016, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Marinerz93

Faceless bureaucrats run the EU, they make decisions by corporations lobbying them, making up regulations and deciding where the money goes. This is not democracy, you can't vote these people out or take them to court. Have any of you seen their own private shopping center, a shopping center that the public can't use. The EU is systematically destroying all countries within the EU, Merkal being the worst culprit and Greece being the prime example. The EU is heading for something far worse than the old communist Russia, it wants and army to bring to bear pressure on the Russians.

The common wealth have already stated that they want to do business with us, that's 53 countries which is double the the size of the EU.

Enjoy the video below, comforting words from our American cousins, maybe help some of the chicken little's calm down.

Not bothered watching the video but I can't recall a single decision by one of these "faceless bureaucrats" that has even vaguely bothered me. Incidentally the UK government has thousands of faceless, unelected  bureaucrats too. We get one vote every five years for an MP, and one for a MEP, now we'll lose one of those votes and Europe will go on making decisions which affect us without us having any say.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 229 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.