Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

We're out of the EU!

This thread currently has 40,245 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
June 25, 2016, 7:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim74
It's just sheer arrogance by those on the remain side on here to say that those who voted leave are thick and easily led, how pathetic and sad to see
such bitterness a classic case of clutching at straws to try and justify losing a democratic vote.

I wonder just how many of the 48% that lost the vote had voted IN because of fear and lies?
The establishment threw everything at us including the kitchen sink we had listen to scare story after scare story.
My work manager for example told me he was edging to vote for out until Osbourne threatened us with the brexit budget!

I'm afraid its shear ignorance on your part. You are still saying "we had to listen to scare story after scare story" you know the ones:

The Scottish will look to split from us
We won't get free trade and free movement of people
Financial Instability for the next 5 years and very high likelihood of everyday costs going through the roof

Of course none of these are looking very likely are they? Certainly not as likely as being invaded by Turks and Albanians and all our women being raped or 350m extra a week for the NHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 356
Marinerz93
June 25, 2016, 8:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I'm afraid its shear ignorance on your part. You are still saying "we had to listen to scare story after scare story" you know the ones:

The Scottish will look to split from us
We won't get free trade and free movement of people
Financial Instability for the next 5 years and very high likelihood of everyday costs going through the roof

Of course none of these are looking very likely are they? Certainly not as likely as being invaded by Turks and Albanians and all our women being raped or 350m extra a week for the NHS

Unless you can explain how the EU and how the 5 presidents work, who they are, we are all ignorant. Scare stories on both sides, the British public have been let down by politicians yet again regardless of what side you voted for. Instead of targeting those who failed us, it is easier for most to turn on each other.

An independent Scotland could be forced to join the euro, accept Schengen and lose the rebate. They will not get the current deal because that's for Britain, their deal would be far worse, a population of 5.2 million compared with England's population of 53 million, and Welsh 3 million. Scotland won't be the fish they think they are. Greece has a population of 11 million and look how they were treated. An independent Scotland would see thousands lose their jobs, UK government pensions offices in Glasgow would have to be moved to England, Military bases either shut down or handed over, and Trident moved to England. This would leave Scottish airspace and seas unprotected with the Russians flying / sailing / submerged in and out as they please.

The Irish issue can easily be solved, allow the free movement of people but if you come to the mainland you need a passport / visa.

Surely one woman raped by someone who doesn't deserve to be here is one too many.

We will trade with the world, and as most are forgetting join back with our commonwealth friends and family who by the way have said they are waiting to trade with us, the list doesn't end there, South Korea and many others speaking up.

We will be able to allow into our country with an Australian / Canadian immigration policy that suits our needs not the agenda of faceless policy / regulation bureaucrats.

Financial instability, we have had many recessions and recovered, the last big one in case you forgot was due to the banks and finance sector.

The EU is becoming more federalised, it's wants it's own army, it wants to tax EU citizens through giving you an EU tax code. The EU is the biggest threat to peace, it wants to front up to Russia because the EU wants to be taken seriously. The EU is a bully with it's threats and the way it acts. Just look at their tactics now Brexit is just a day old.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 356
Vance Warner
June 25, 2016, 8:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Marinerz93

Unless you can explain how the EU and how the 5 presidents work, who they are, we are all ignorant. Scare stories on both sides, the British public have been let down by politicians yet again regardless of what side you voted for. Instead of targeting those who failed us, it is easier for most to turn on each other.

An independent Scotland could be forced to join the euro, accept Schengen and lose the rebate. They will not get the current deal because that's for Britain, their deal would be far worse, a population of 5.2 million compared with England's population of 53 million, and Welsh 3 million. Scotland won't be the fish they think they are. Greece has a population of 11 million and look how they were treated. An independent Scotland would see thousands lose their jobs, UK government pensions offices in Glasgow would have to be moved to England, Military bases either shut down or handed over, and Trident moved to England. This would leave Scottish airspace and seas unprotected with the Russians flying / sailing / submerged in and out as they please.

The Irish issue can easily be solved, allow the free movement of people but if you come to the mainland you need a passport / visa.

Surely one woman raped by someone who doesn't deserve to be here is one too many.

We will trade with the world, and as most are forgetting join back with our commonwealth friends and family who by the way have said they are waiting to trade with us, the list doesn't end there, South Korea and many others speaking up.

We will be able to allow into our country with an Australian / Canadian immigration policy that suits our needs not the agenda of faceless policy / regulation bureaucrats.

Financial instability, we have had many recessions and recovered, the last big one in case you forgot was due to the banks and finance sector.

The EU is becoming more federalised, it's wants it's own army, it wants to tax EU citizens through giving you an EU tax code. The EU is the biggest threat to peace, it wants to front up to Russia because the EU wants to be taken seriously. The EU is a bully with it's threats and the way it acts. Just look at their tactics now Brexit is just a day old.

I couldn't disagree more with your post which I guess sums up the predicament we're all in.  

Unless you can explain how the EU and how the 5 presidents work, who they are, we are all ignorant - maybe we don't know all the inner workings of the EU so we did some research about what independent experts said.

The Irish issue can easily be solved - history suggests different.

Surely one woman raped by someone who doesn't deserve to be here is one too many- wow just wow

Financial instability, we have had many recessions and recovered, the last big one in case you forgot was due to the banks and finance sector - countries may recover but plenty of people don't

The EU is the biggest threat to peace - take a History lesson.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 356
Roast Em Bobby
June 25, 2016, 8:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
The point I was making is that the scaremongering from remain was mostly (not all I admit) realistic genuine concerns whereas the scaremongering from the remain camp was largely not in the slightest bit genuine and a lot of people, mostly the not very bright ones, voted out on the basis of incorrect facts. How anyone can honestly dispute that this is the case is beyond me and is kidding themselves - there is plenty of evidence to back it up,

Anyway, I'll give up on this thread for now and look forward to that prosperous and exciting new world that you predict.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 356
GrimRob
June 25, 2016, 9:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Perkins

What a grand and noble statement from the so called Fishy intelligencia, Bordering on ageism, once again another comment from a younger generation with total lack of respect for their elders. You will get progressively older as do all of us, and with that comes infirmities, i hope for your sake and others, there will still be a NHS there for you when you become a "retiree" .

Good God, hasn't there been enough bitterness during the referendum campaign without creating more after it. I can well understand the disappointment from those who voted remain, I've been disappointed in the past with election results, thats democracy, but i haven't slagged off people who voted the other way.

In fifty years of voting in every election i have never once been swayed by listening to any politician , in fact most of them are liars anyway, and anyone who is persuaded by what they tell you can't know their own mind. Gut feeling is always best, some you win, some you lose, thats life.

No one knows what will happen now, we didn't forty years ago when we were shanghaied into joining what was then the Common market, we certainly didn't know it would turn into the beurocratic and no doubt corrupt organisation it is today. Someone posted earlier that we should have stayed and left it to those we elected to re -negotiate, well, they haven't been able to do so in forty years so it was never going to happen in the next forty.

I could go on and on but i won't. Stop being so bloody nasty and bitter toward those that didn't vote the way YOU wanted, (there are over a million and and quarter of us) and were not all stupid, and were not all old.

It wasn't intended as ageist, just the reality that we have around 2 million mainly young migrants here and approximately the same number of Brits enjoying life abroad in Europe, many of them retired. It's obvious which group are more likely to need the resources of the NHS, so I was merely pointing out the irony of driving away the first group and being forced to accept the second. I wasn't having a dig at the old at all, just pointing our the absurdity of the claim that our NHS would be better off without the migrants.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 184 - 356
Marinerz93
June 25, 2016, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Vance Warner

I couldn't disagree more with your post which I guess sums up the predicament we're all in.  

Unless you can explain how the EU and how the 5 presidents work, who they are, we are all ignorant - maybe we don't know all the inner workings of the EU so we did some research about what independent experts said.

The Irish issue can easily be solved - history suggests different.

Surely one woman raped by someone who doesn't deserve to be here is one too many- wow just wow

Financial instability, we have had many recessions and recovered, the last big one in case you forgot was due to the banks and finance sector - countries may recover but plenty of people don't

The EU is the biggest threat to peace - take a History lesson.

What did your independent experts say how the EU works and why there are 5 presidents.

The Irish issue is over border control points with leaving the EU, my solution with free movement but passport control into mainland,  so there wouldn't be any tension. The claim previously being Ireland would descend into civil war should check points be brought in. What you are talking about isn't anything to do with Brexit but historical sectarianism.

Care to expand on your wow comment, I thought filtering out rapists, murderers and pedophiles is a good way to protect our citizens.

The best way to avoid mistakes is to look to the past. I did and Germany springs to mind, increased federalism, an army that did what it was told and millions dead. In case you don't keep up to date with current affairs, the EU wants an army so that it will be taken seriously, it wants to challenge Russia. It will struggle to do that once £10 billion a year is removed from it's coffers.

Fair comment about people maybe not recovering, some don't and some prosper. I will say this, I believe that with controlled immigration there will be more low skilled jobs available and if we can't fill those positions then an Australian type control will bring in who we need. Finding work in the UK is harder than it has ever been and with 300,000 more each year it will only get harder.

The EU failed at controlling refugees, once a person claims they are a refugee, they must be processed at the country they turn up in, not wander around to get the best benefits. The EU crippled Greece causing riots and a depression that the US would struggle to get out of.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 356
Grimbiggs
June 25, 2016, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Anyway, I'll give up on this thread for now and look forward to that prosperous and exciting new world that you predict.

And so you should, be positive. Economists today have been saying that there will be a dawning realisation that everything has changed and nothing has changed. For the vast majority of UK companies it will be a case of business as usual on Monday. This isn’t the death of capitalism – companies have been through more severe tests in the past and many have passed with flying colours. A report commissioned by Woodford Investment Management found that Brexit was unlikely to have a significant economic effect – positive or negative - over the long term. In the meantime trade will continue – German car manufacturers will still want to sell cars here, and UK businesses will still export to Europe. It is in nobody’s interest not to negotiate good trade agreements during this period. In the meantime monetary policy is likely to remain supportive, with a rise in interest rates off the table for the foreseeable future and potentially even more quantitative easing from the Bank of England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 356
GrimRob
June 25, 2016, 10:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Grimbiggs
I'm in my forties,working class and i have been to uni. I started at the beginning being 60/40 LEAVE and after listening to all the arguments ended up being 100% LEAVE. The EU is facing 'three crises at once': the economic crisis, which has seen a bailout of Greece and deleterious growth across southern European countries; the migration crisis, which has caused the suspension of the Schengen arrangement; and the security crisis, in which major attacks in Brussels and Paris have claimed hundreds of lives. In each and every case, the EU is showing that it cannot solve these problems. It simply does not have the solutions, and people are getting fed up with it. Only time will tell if i made the right choice, but in my mind the 'status-quo' just wasn't good enough.  

I cannot see that these crises are going to go away because we are outside of the EU. The economic crisis remains, and it's not gone away more, this country still lives way beyond its means (http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/), like most of the so-called developed world, and all our economies will remain intertwined - I think Japan dropped 9% on the day after Brexit, more than us! Greece obviously affected the Eurozone more than us, but we haven't washed our hands of it by any means. As usual, everyone buries their head in the sand about the national debt - even the tories haven't managed to stop it increasing, and the chances of doing so look very bleak now (http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedkingdom).

The migration crisis originates outside the EU, migrants are still going to present themselves to every country including us, people will still want to get in the UK, and we'll still have to accept some. The British actually did more to cause this crisis in Iraq and Syria where many of them come from as we invaded it when the rest of the EU countries were opposed to it.

The terror attacks we've had to suffer too and the terrorists aren't going to go away because we don't belong to the EU any more. If we do anything as a result of their actions then they have succeeded. Once again you could argue we're more to blame than the other European countries in the first place for the existence of Isis which has gone on to inspire disaffected young people around the world, and will continue to do so for some while

Yeah the EU can't solve these problems but it wasn't designed to, it's primarily set up as an economic union to facilitate trade. The UK government won't be able to solve them either, unless this country becomes a self-contained bubble that never interacts with the outside world.

I think leaving the EU will turn out to be as disastrous a decision as that to invade Iraq in 2003, a knee-jerk reaction to a massively exaggerated problem, with no plan as to what happens afterwards, and years of fallout and ensuing problems.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 187 - 356
June 25, 2016, 10:10pm
Guest User
Frankly, the result and myriad of implications absolutely terrify me.

I voted remain. But the name calling, finger pointing and fighting is not going to help anyone. Those of us on the losing side have to respect the decision and get on with it.

One good thing to come out of this. For some years I thought that democracy in this country was a myth. This result at least shows that the system isn't quite as rotten as I thought it was.

Extricating us from this is going to be an absolute flipping nightmare.

And I still don't think Boris ever expected to win.

Reply: 188 - 356
barralad
June 25, 2016, 10:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 97
Frankly, the result and myriad of implications absolutely terrify me.

I voted remain. But the name calling, finger pointing and fighting is not going to help anyone. Those of us on the losing side have to respect the decision and get on with it.

One good thing to come out of this. For some years I thought that democracy in this country was a myth. This result at least shows that the system isn't quite as rotten as I thought it was.

Extricating us from this is going to be an absolute flipping nightmare.

And I still don't think Boris ever expected to win.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole issue.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We're out of the EU!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.