Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 45 Guests

Signings

This thread currently has 40,790 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
February 1, 2016, 10:00pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Hagrid
Taken from twitter " chance that GTFC signings will be done by tonight but highly likely ex SUFC striker darius henderson to join next week" dont know how true it is but gets us talking

Second time today you've beaten me to it lol
Ace signing if it happens!

UTM!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 253
Hagrid
February 1, 2016, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,530
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Second time today you've beaten me to it lol
Ace signing if it happens!

UTM!!

Indeed!! Can play Colourblind every time he scores for us-if it happens of course
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 253
Garth
February 1, 2016, 10:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
PH has raised his bar somewhat in this window because of the quality and ability of the players already here, the disadvantage of this is that the players he has targeted are also of interest to our competitors and don't come easily, anyone can sign shirt fillers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 253
Youngy
February 1, 2016, 10:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,682
Gold Stars: 9
Henderson would be a superb signing at this level. He's born in Doncaster so I'm guessing he doesn't want to move far. Could be our Jon Parkin and in games against the likes of FGR and Cheltenham, his experience could be crucial.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 253
Cumbrian Mariner
February 1, 2016, 10:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Just been contacted by a mate up here who heard on 5 live transfer deadline that Darius Henderson will sign for Town next week after being paid up by Scunny!

Fingers crossed that this happens, might explain why the club announced no more signings earlier this evening!

Keep the faith.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 253
arryarryarry
February 1, 2016, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mariner91

You said you expected us to compete, we are competing. We've needed a good target man since LJL left and PH has failed miserably to get one in. However, we loaned a good player in Jones before, we loaned a good player in Palmer last season so there is no reason we can't find similar. Mackreth barely got a look in this season so do we really need a replacement? Ideally I'd like us to get another quality winger but we've done okay with what we've got so far this season. But the quality required maybe wasn't available, was asking too much or wouldn't relocate here, we don't know.

I'm sure the management is bothered about the two above, I'm sure he's worked very hard to get quality players in and it hasn't worked. There may be a multitude of factors for this but I don't believe for one second that he's not got them in cause he isn't arsed about winning the league and I think it's ridiculous to suggest as such.

Yes because Monkhouse isn't the same player now Townsend has gone and Arnold is on a poor run of form and their replacement is basically very poor.

Private Message
Reply: 155 - 253
ginnywings
February 1, 2016, 10:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Why next week if he's been released?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 253
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 1, 2016, 10:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
There's not a ghost of a chance that henderson will sign

See what I did there

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 253
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 1, 2016, 10:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

I cannot make my mind up whether you are pot boiling or serious! What actual evidence is there that Hurst and co. have given up on the title/

Please read it again Barra - I  said it feels like it.

Obviously the manager has tried to make signings but he has failed. I don't accept the excuses about waiting for players and the rest of it and I don't just blame the manager for the perception. It's only fair to judge him at the end of the season.

That was my point. It's a club thing. Once again we look for all the world like the poor relations who can't afford that final investment. A big club? I always thought so and especially after OP last summer. But I should have known better. The club appears destined to continue trying to make silk purses. We have the best side on the park that we have had for several years. All it needed was a bit more quality and ......

I'll carry on supporting and offering my prayers to the football gods every match day but I really do think we needed to be more proactive.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 253
Cumbrian Mariner
February 1, 2016, 10:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Quoted from ginnywings
Why next week if he's been released?

Not sure, if his contract has been paid up I would of thought he could join straight way.  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 253
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.