8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
January 31, 2016, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 42
Andy Carr aka Mighty Mariner is saying on Facebook that our budget for this season was only the 7th/8th highest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
arryarryarry
January 31, 2016, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Like it or not our expectations were far above what realistically was always going to be a tough task.

The money we raised was phenomenal but against a millionaire chairman who is willing put plough more cash in despite being millions in debt it is a drop in the ocean.

Money talks and much as you would like to think a player would love to play in front of thousands of fanatical fans the truth is most want money.

For whatever reason money, the area, ect Hurst's targets seem out of reach he as probably been told to offload players to free up cash. Anybody thinking he still as money from operation promotion is dreaming bet that money as well gone along with the mullins cash.

If offloading Veney,Brown and mackreth means we get one good player in so be it.

Well there has probably been a load of ballocks from both the pro and anti Hurst lot on here but congratulations that has to be the biggest load of ballocks yet.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
chaos33
January 31, 2016, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
I agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
Mrs Doyle
January 31, 2016, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Lol about as much bollix as you two spout try supporting your team manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
MuddyWaters
January 31, 2016, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Lol about as much bollix as you two spout try supporting your team manager.

I support the manager - not sure that I support the way the club is run though. In fact, no, I don't support the way the club has been run at all.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
jonnyboy82
January 31, 2016, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Like it or not our expectations were far above what realistically was always going to be a tough task.

The money we raised was phenomenal but against a millionaire chairman who is willing put plough more cash in despite being millions in debt it is a drop in the ocean.

Money talks and much as you would like to think a player would love to play in front of thousands of fanatical fans the truth is most want money.

For whatever reason money, the area, ect Hurst's targets seem out of reach he as probably been told to offload players to free up cash. Anybody thinking he still as money from operation promotion is dreaming bet that money as well gone along with the mullins cash.

If offloading Veney,Brown and mackreth means we get one good player in so be it.

Well why the fvck did i and many others donate to a fund called operation promotion if that target was unrealistic as you say ?

If you say grimsby town getting out of non league football is not realistic then i would give up football completely.

Get a grip.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
Teestogreen
January 31, 2016, 7:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -159
Gold Stars: 23
Looks to me like;

1 -  the lack of reserve left back position has massively weakened us (given that most of the play revolved around Townsend) - and more latterly, Robertson has again proved capable and reliable in that position

2  - Brown and Mackreth release has deprived us of a strength in depth - players who were an important part of the team strategy in obtaining the desired results

Being able to re-act to these team 'weakenings' in the short timescale required is not an easy situation and the rest of the team will be very aware of this. This is where the motivational strengths of the management team will be tested to the full.

However, if Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham keep beating teams ready to roll over (however late), then the dice is more heavily loaded against an outright top place promotion.

Paul and Chris can still do this but the test has become even more stringent.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
Garth
January 31, 2016, 7:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
It was one defeat BUT it was the nature of that defeat that makes you realise even the play -offs will require a big improvement.Gateshead offered little but on the day it was enough.UTM

Amen to that, caught cold early and struggled uncharacteristically to score an equaliser. as PH said there was nothing between the two teams on the dayand from the highlights I would say we were the better side without finding the net, onwards and upwards lets see what this week brings  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
marinerjase
January 31, 2016, 8:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,717
Gold Stars: 157
Townsend was a huge loss, not only defensively but moreso going forward. He was pivotal in everything we did for a few weeks. It was Grimsby Townsend for a bit, credit to him for dropping down to our level and helping us (and him)  - but being brutally honest it's nigh on impossible to replace him.  That, in my eyes, takes so much away from us.

Having said that..really don't understand all the negativity. Yes it looks like Play Offs again, but we've had a blip after a decent run - possibly at the right time. Now effectively we're gearing up to consolidate play offs, which you'd assume is guaranteed, whilst the two in front battle for title. Pressure is on them now not us..still feel we've a lot to come in terms of a performance, just need to keep Amond fit, get cover in defence and start again. Some players can improve, notably Marshall who I have never been convinced about, hopefully a player in to boost us and look forward.

I honestly feel we will go up, are equipped for Play offs if need be and the past experience and last year will serve us well. There isn't a Bristol Rovers  this time, in fact I've seen nothing to overly worry about from anyone else. I know one thing, no-one will want to play us.

β€˜I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
ackomariner
January 31, 2016, 8:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

I give up.........πŸš• for Doyle

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets All Calm Down,

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.