Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 58 Guests

It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

This thread currently has 4,665 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Dobbo
March 4, 2013, 10:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01

Fernaux is the idiot your village is missing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
SlouchyMetal
March 4, 2013, 10:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +8
typical

Party on Wayne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
MyDogsThoughts
March 4, 2013, 10:13pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
They could have taken those photos in and around Grimsby/Cleethorpes: don't let's pretend our home town is perfect.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
hertfordshire mariner
March 4, 2013, 11:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
They could have taken those photos in and around Grimsby/Cleethorpes: don't let's pretend our home town is perfect.

gy and cleethorpes are a lot nicer than luton, luton gives scunny a run for its money

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
bobbyturtle
March 4, 2013, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18

hope your master bags it up for you.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
Marinerz93
March 4, 2013, 11:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Luton has also been saddled with a reputation as the epicentre of British terrorism.
The 7/7 bombers met in the town before launching their attack on London's transport system, while terror group Al-Muhajiroun was also based in the town.

The bit in Italics is worse than any rubbish bags dumped, druggies, chavs and rats doing what they want when they want.  The bit in italics is abhorrent and wouldn't happen here.  Luton is the pit of despair with those inhabitants.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
hertfordshire mariner
March 4, 2013, 11:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
didnt luton get voted the uks worst town years ago? along with our friends with silly voices across the river?

edit - yep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crap_Towns

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
Codswede
March 5, 2013, 3:28am

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
As a Brit though... This is still disappointing that its happening in our country :/  do councils serve any purpose at all these days?

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
Mrs Doyle
March 5, 2013, 6:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't know about Luton but I think the Brent area around Wembley looks rundown as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
barralad
March 5, 2013, 7:22am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Well the fact that the article appears in that bastion of high brow journalism the Daily M**l  should immediately cast doubt on the overall accuracy of it.

Those pictures could have been taken in just about any urban area of this country-including the centre of Grimsby.

If the D.M. had focused on the fact that central government cuts to local authority budgets have forced councils to make cuts often a choice between educating children and keeping streets clean then they may have had a "story".

Reading the comments posted underneath the article makes me fearful for the future of this country....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
aaron rattray
March 5, 2013, 8:33am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
This is the economic mess we live in, councils are seeing budgets squeezed and they need to cut the cloth accordingly, once before in town i saw a council van and there was 3 council workers, 1 watering flowers, 1 having a homosexual and 1 eating a sarnie,  surely 1 person could water flowers?, as much i hate our council to be fair to them i do see litter pickers in town picking up litter

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
March 5, 2013, 8:41am
Guest User

Your joking! that high street picture looks more like downtown Delhi.
Reply: 11 - 53
MyDogsThoughts
March 5, 2013, 8:44am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from 2578

I love a lively debate: seems my comment has hit a few nerves on here.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
oslohatter
March 5, 2013, 9:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Must be some stAlbans private school boy who wrote the article.
Luton is a dump yes, but there are areas with houses way over half million mark. You also have rough areas like your Immingham equivalents. But doesn't all towns?
I myself come from Islington London, a dump until the late 80s suddenly it become trendy to move there, just like Hoxton, Dalston now in neighbouring boroughs.

The town centre is just an average English town centre, that could be anywhere in the UK.

There are lots of worse places in the UK, Burnley, Preston, Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley, Barnstaple, Swindon, Grimsby (although i like it. But i then again i prefer going to Detroit than NY) lots of towns.

The crime is nowhere near as bad as Nottingham (stab city) Or Liverpool (theft city). Etc.

Not a Lutonian myself but think they need to jump on a train around the country instead of the lazy journalism!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 9:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Quoted from 2578

i wonder what the town would of looked like 40 years ago? probably nice,clean and relatively civilised.
its not just a coincidence when you watch t.v. shows like "the food inspectors" and see 99.9% of these shi.hole "restaurants" are owned and run by dodgy foreign types.
there is dirty verminous people in this town of course, but these foreign immigrants bring the kind of standards they had back "home" with them, its an un-p.c. home truth,every major city and town in england now is just a filthy ghetto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
somersetmariner
March 5, 2013, 10:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
What was England like before the Second World War? I think you'll find it was pretty grotty, in fact can you think of a time in history when England was as clean as a whistle?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 10:30am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from somersetmariner
What was England like before the Second World War? I think you'll find it was pretty grotty, in fact can you think of a time in history when England was as clean as a whistle?

imagine this..............people used to sweep up and wash their own house fronts!!! they didn't whine that the council didn't do it,it was called pride, pride in your appearance,pride in your house,pride in your street.......................but most importantly pride in your country. now tell me what do YOU feel proud about to be British? we go around as Americas lapdog getting involved in all sorts of wars,we stick our beaks in everyone's business,we let our old people die for fear of turning the heating on,we send aid to countries that have a poor human rights record,we care more about what other nations think to the detriment of our own people,our football team is a joke,and we are the "mugs" of the world...........apart from this everything is fine...................keep plodding on drones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
Dan
March 5, 2013, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Just go to the fishing heritage centre if you want to know what Grimsby was like. Infact, just go to Freeman Street and see what it's still like.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 10:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Dan
Just go to the fishing heritage centre if you want to know what Grimsby was like. Infact, just go to Freeman Street and see what it's still like.

Freeman street is great,real pubs instead of urine-lager chain outlets populated by chavs looking for a fight, this is a tough hard drinking run down ex fishing community,but the people on the whole are friendly and genuine,try spending some time in london where everyone wants to fuc. each other up the ars. or rob you blind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
somersetmariner
March 5, 2013, 10:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from the ace face

imagine this..............people used to sweep up and wash their own house fronts!!! they didn't whine that the council didn't do it,it was called pride, pride in your appearance,pride in your house,pride in your street.......................but most importantly pride in your country. now tell me what do YOU feel proud about to be British? we go around as Americas lapdog getting involved in all sorts of wars,we stick our beaks in everyone's business,we let our old people die for fear of turning the heating on,we send aid to countries that have a poor human rights record,we care more about what other nations think to the detriment of our own people,our football team is a joke,and we are the "mugs" of the world...........apart from this everything is fine...................keep plodding on drones.

So are you saying British people no longer take pride because of a foreign influx in britains population and our countries international policy?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
hertfordshire mariner
March 5, 2013, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from oslohatter
Must be some stAlbans private school boy who wrote the article.
Luton is a dump yes, but there are areas with houses way over half million mark. You also have rough areas like your Immingham equivalents. But doesn't all towns?
I myself come from Islington London, a dump until the late 80s suddenly it become trendy to move there, just like Hoxton, Dalston now in neighbouring boroughs.

The town centre is just an average English town centre, that could be anywhere in the UK.

There are lots of worse places in the UK, Burnley, Preston, Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley, Barnstaple, Swindon, Grimsby (although i like it. But i then again i prefer going to Detroit than NY) lots of towns.

The crime is nowhere near as bad as Nottingham (stab city) Or Liverpool (theft city). Etc.

Not a Lutonian myself but think they need to jump on a train around the country instead of the lazy journalism!

the 2 places you mention are citys, big ones of course there crime is higher. unfortunately i have to visit luton quite a lot, and to be honest that artical is bang on  the money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
sam gy
March 5, 2013, 1:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,513
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from the ace face

Freeman street is great,real pubs instead of urine-lager chain outlets populated by chavs looking for a fight, this is a tough hard drinking run down ex fishing community,but the people on the whole are friendly and genuine,try spending some time in london where everyone wants to fuc. each other up the ars. or rob you blind

I live in London and prior to that lived in Sheffield. Never once felt threatened walking down the street or out in pubs/clubs... I wish I could say the same for when I visit friends and family in my beloved home town, but I can't.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
barralad
March 5, 2013, 7:24pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from the ace face

Problem solved in a flash (no pun intended). Give them all a bucket and a scrubbing brush and England will be restored to its former glory.
On a more serious note I'm not at all clear on the message you are attempting to put across here and in your other post. Grimsby certainly is still populated by majority white people yet there are parts of the town that are as scruffy as any of those that are depicted in the article. Have these white people lost their sense of pride? Surely you cannot be saying that the fact that some areas of the country have large ethnic populations has made our people give up the ghost?
We have a significant number of people who cannot cook for themselves, don't understand the meaning of the word housework, have absolutely no idea of financial priorities don't understand the work ethic and expect to be kept by the state. I'm fairly sure that there aren't too many of those "qualities" that apply to people from Asian backgrounds. It was Gandhi who said when asked what he thought about Western civilisation replied "I think it would be a good idea".
Perhaps some of our more "chavvy" citizens would do well to experience the standards that these people have brought from "home".

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
barralad
March 5, 2013, 7:34pm
Mariners Trust

It's remarkable that this myth of England being a place where just about everyone lived in a lovely little cottage with roses round the door has stood the test of time. My grandparents lived in a two up two down terraced house in the urban sprawl of Manchester which even into the late sixties had no indoor toilet. The house next door was identical but that didn't stop nine people living there.
In 1936 whilst still chancellor of the exchequer Neville Chamberlain concluded that very little could be done about "The North" and as such it was a complete waste of money trying. The industrial centres of Britain saw average life expectancy amongst males as below 50.
I'm not awfully keen on seeing those times return...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
fiveallive
March 5, 2013, 7:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
That's why Scott Nielsen likes it he's at home with all the rats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 9:45am
Lager Top Drinker

So are you saying British people no longer take pride because of a foreign influx in britains population and our countries international policy?

no,not at all, what i'm trying to say is that a group of people that think its fine to stone women,blind their own children to make them more appealing as beggars,let children scavenge through rubbish dumps in their country of origin aren't going to be bothered about turning one of our towns into a similar doghole are they?
ok we have scruffy oiks here in lovely grimsby granted,but if i were living in a place like luton seeing it being turned into a "no-go" area for people of my background then i wouldn,t be over-concerned about it becoming a sh.thole would i? its a pity we can't all live together in some kind of multicultural utopian promised land but places like luton will become the norm in britain very soon.   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 9:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from barralad

It's remarkable that this myth of England being a place where just about everyone lived in a lovely little cottage with roses round the door has stood the test of time. My grandparents lived in a two up two down terraced house in the urban sprawl of Manchester which even into the late sixties had no indoor toilet. The house next door was identical but that didn't stop nine people living there.
In 1936 whilst still chancellor of the exchequer Neville Chamberlain concluded that very little could be done about "The North" and as such it was a complete waste of money trying. The industrial centres of Britain saw average life expectancy amongst males as below 50.
I'm not awfully keen on seeing those times return...

neither would i but the day to day values of hard work,cleanliness,respect for your surroundings,pride,doing the right thing wouldn't go amiss  today would they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
Byker_Groves
March 6, 2013, 5:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -2
Quoted from Marinerz93
Luton has also been saddled with a reputation as the epicentre of British terrorism.
The 7/7 bombers met in the town before launching their attack on London's transport system, while terror group Al-Muhajiroun was also based in the town.

The bit in Italics is worse than any rubbish bags dumped, druggies, chavs and rats doing what they want when they want.  The bit in italics is abhorrent and wouldn't happen here.  Luton is the pit of despair with those inhabitants.

And that's where those young Muslim gentlemen were harrasing 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment soldiers parading after their 2nd tour of Iraq in two years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
Marinerz93
March 6, 2013, 7:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Byker_Groves

And that's where those young Muslim gentlemen were harrasing 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment soldiers parading after their 2nd tour of Iraq in two years.

That's correct, they are big enough to do it here but when the rules of engagement are different that's a different matter  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 7:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Byker_Groves

careful,there are some on here that think those protesting against the royal anglians were just victims of the decadent wests  support of Israel.
if it were down to me i would have ordered the soilders to fire upon them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
barralad
March 6, 2013, 8:11pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from the ace face

neither would i but the day to day values of hard work,cleanliness,respect for your surroundings,pride,doing the right thing wouldn't go amiss  today would they?

We agree on something. I suspect where we differ is that I think there is enough material to work on from the indigenous population whereas you appear to believe that it's some sort of ethnic minority master plan to make England look like the area which bred the Slum Dog Millionaire.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
barralad
March 6, 2013, 8:14pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from the ace face

no,not at all, what i'm trying to say is that a group of people that think its fine to stone women,blind their own children to make them more appealing as beggars,let children scavenge through rubbish dumps in their country of origin aren't going to be bothered about turning one of our towns into a similar doghole are they?
ok we have scruffy oiks here in lovely grimsby granted,but if i were living in a place like luton seeing it being turned into a "no-go" area for people of my background then i wouldn,t be over-concerned about it becoming a sh.thole would i? its a pity we can't all live together in some kind of multicultural utopian promised land but places like luton will become the norm in britain very soon.   

If it wouldn't be rude to ask...Have YOU actually walked round Luton or is your entire opinion based on articles like the one posted by the O.P.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
GYinScuntland
March 7, 2013, 11:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
[quote=228]

I'm not awfully keen on seeing those times return...[/quote]

To be fair, most of our jobless, feckless, violent, chavvy, druggy, teenage scum would look flipping great half way up a chimney.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
jock dock tower
March 8, 2013, 6:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
We live in an era of enforced austerity by a propped up rich boy government where people on any kind of benefit or tax credit have had their finances squeezed beyond despair, yet our chancellor goes to the EU pleading for them not to put a bonus cap of 1 year's salary on bankers.

We live in an era whereby people are getting forced out of their social housing, especially in the nicer parts of London so the housing can be freed up for the rich. Meanwhile, the children's education and friends are torn away from them to enable this to happen.

We live in an era where it's thought okay to adulterate food for the not so well off by putting horse instead of beef into beef products because it ensures greater profit.

We live in an era where politicians of all parties tell blatant lies as a matter of course, and treat the electorate as fodder to vote for them once every four years. They still cheat on housing expenses, btw.

We live in an era where roads aren't fixed because of budget cuts. Where libraries close because of budget cuts. Where people die needlessly in hospital because they're run as (poor) businesses instead of caring organisations.

We live in an era where everything we took for granted is being taken away from us, and yet we don't complain. One tired journalist puts in some stereotypical crap in the Daily Mail and the usual suspects are up in arms. FFS........WAKE UP!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
tintowner
March 8, 2013, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +605
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from jock dock tower
We live in an era of enforced austerity by a propped up rich boy government where people on any kind of benefit or tax credit have had their finances squeezed beyond despair, yet our chancellor goes to the EU pleading for them not to put a bonus cap of 1 year's salary on bankers.

We live in an era whereby people are getting forced out of their social housing, especially in the nicer parts of London so the housing can be freed up for the rich. Meanwhile, the children's education and friends are torn away from them to enable this to happen.

We live in an era where it's thought okay to adulterate food for the not so well off by putting horse instead of beef into beef products because it ensures greater profit.

We live in an era where politicians of all parties tell blatant lies as a matter of course, and treat the electorate as fodder to vote for them once every four years. They still cheat on housing expenses, btw.

We live in an era where roads aren't fixed because of budget cuts. Where libraries close because of budget cuts. Where people die needlessly in hospital because they're run as (poor) businesses instead of caring organisations.

We live in an era where everything we took for granted is being taken away from us, and yet we don't complain. One tired journalist puts in some stereotypical crap in the Daily Mail and the usual suspects are up in arms. FFS........WAKE UP!

We need a 'like'  button on the Fishy

I agree 100% with you John.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
JoeTheMariner
March 8, 2013, 10:05am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
It doesn't need to be official.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
the ace face
March 8, 2013, 10:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from barralad

We agree on something. I suspect where we differ is that I think there is enough material to work on from the indigenous population whereas you appear to believe that it's some sort of ethnic minority master plan to make England look like the area which bred the Slum Dog Millionaire.

yes unfortunately I've  been there a few times never felt like it was part  of "my" country t.b.h. a bit like how i feel about London.
strangely though when i walk about Birmingham as i do regularly ,the feeling is totally different,i think certain peoples there are making more of an effort to integrate into the general population so good on them,this is the point i'm trying to put across,places like luton are now not part of England on a social,spiritual,and cultural level,this is all down to the previous clowns who let unchecked  immigration become fashionable and stylish. there's always a danger of people over-reacting to things like this but if i moved to lets say France for instance i would learn the language and abide by the rules of the land simple as ,now a lot of the inhabitants of  luton refuse to do this and actively want to destroy us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
the ace face
March 8, 2013, 10:45am
Lager Top Drinker

a great post, but what do you suggest we can do? the only alternative to the tories is labour,and look what they did to the working classes jock!  my personal opinion is to put someone like bob crow in charge how do you feel about that?  the first thing we need to do though  is to pull up the drawbridge jock,we are full,even the immigrants that have been here for only one generation are saying this but the elitist left you represent denounce this as racism and while we have this attitude we are screwed. thats the facts like it or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
jock dock tower
March 8, 2013, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
I certainly don't count myself as elitist, far from it in fact. I'm an unashamed Socialist, and make no apologies for that. I don't have any huge problem with capitalism, but it's the totally unfettered abuse of it that means the few get huge amounts of money - look at the banker's bonuses this year in the state owned banks! They're putting two fingers up to us.

What's needed is for politicians to actually to actually the balderdash to do something about it. What would I do?

For starters...

1. Remove Trident and don't replace it. Who would attack us, and why would they do so?

2. Pay bankers a limit of say £100k per annum, maximum. If they don't like it then cheerio. They take risks to benefit themselves nobody else. However, it's our money they're taking risks with not theirs. How about making investment bankers put up a surety / bond of say £10 million of their own money to allow them the right to make high risk investments? They, and their high risk investments would disappear overnight.

3. Make the state pay for the parties who contest elections, as long as they make the 5% needed to save their deposits. This would stop governments being influenced unduly by big business (and Trade Unions as well) and would make it a much more level playing field.

4. Top rate tax of 50% on anything over £100k, and make it progressively greater for anything earned in blocks of £10k over and above the starting figure.

5. Ensure that affordable housing is open to all those who need it. Would mean people not having to move from their own area where hosue prices now dictate that it's necessary to do so. We would need to accept that owning a house though is for living in and not an investment.

I could go on,but that's a start...

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
somersetmariner
March 12, 2013, 7:05am

Table Wine Drinker
I certainly don't count myself as elitist, far from it in fact. I'm an unashamed Socialist, and make no apologies for that. I don't have any huge problem with capitalism, but it's the totally unfettered abuse of it that means the few get huge amounts of money - look at the banker's bonuses this year in the state owned banks! They're putting two fingers up to us.

What's needed is for politicians to actually to actually the balderdash to do something about it. What would I do?

For starters...

1. Remove Trident and don't replace it. Who would attack us, and why would they do so?

2. Pay bankers a limit of say £100k per annum, maximum. If they don't like it then cheerio. They take risks to benefit themselves nobody else. However, it's our money they're taking risks with not theirs. How about making investment bankers put up a surety / bond of say £10 million of their own money to allow them the right to make high risk investments? They, and their high risk investments would disappear overnight.

3. Make the state pay for the parties who contest elections, as long as they make the 5% needed to save their deposits. This would stop governments being influenced unduly by big business (and Trade Unions as well) and would make it a much more level playing field.

4. Top rate tax of 50% on anything over £100k, and make it progressively greater for anything earned in blocks of £10k over and above the starting figure.

5. Ensure that affordable housing is open to all those who need it. Would mean people not having to move from their own area where hosue prices now dictate that it's necessary to do so. We would need to accept that owning a house though is for living in and not an investment.

I could go on,but that's a start...

Please do carry on......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
jock dock tower
March 12, 2013, 10:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
After you......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
aaron rattray
March 13, 2013, 3:28pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
After you......

Well this is what i would do

Bring back 10p tax rate

Everything what costs over 200k they need to pay a 50% add on to the government, so for example if i buy a mansion from Wayne rooney for 4 million i will need to give wayne 4 million and give the government an extra 2 million

, also anybody earning over 400k a,year has to pay 50% tax

Sell the taxpayers bank

Cut borrowing

Pull out of the treaty of Antarctica and get drilling for oil now

Cut bankers bonuses

Cut overseas aid, if they cannot afford good water that is there countrys problem to sort not ours,i know it sounds awful but it neeeds to be done

Bring back capital punishment for those who plead guilty to murder and charge let spectators watch the hanging but charged each spectator a fiver

Money generated by doing all this can pay off our countrys debt and will mean local councils will get more money to spend on the area

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
barralad
March 13, 2013, 5:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from aaron rattray

Bring back 10p tax rate

Everything what costs over 200k they need to pay a 50% add on to the government, so for example if i buy a mansion from Wayne rooney for 4 million i will need to give wayne 4 million and give the government an extra 2 million

Sell the taxpayers bank

Cut borrowing

Cut bankers bonuses

Cut overseas aid, if they cannot afford good water that is there countrys problem to sort not ours,i know it sounds awful but it neeeds to be done

Bring back capital punishment for those who plead guilty to murder and charge let spectators watch the hanging but charged each spectator a fiver

Money generated by doing all this can pay off our countrys debt and will mean local councils will get more money to spend on the area

The new Barrymore strikes again....Absolutely but accidentally hilarious!! I've got a better idea aaron. Let's build a big stadium-I've even thought of a name for it-The Colisseum. We could make people convicted of certain crimes fight to the death AND make people pay to watch. We could clear the cost by getting companies like Group 4 to sponsor the fights. I mean they aren't much good at keeping them locked up.

On a more serious note if you think that somehow in the 21st. century people with the money and know how to stop people dying from drinking contaminated water shouldn't do so then you are more lacking in basic intelligence than even Um Bongo would give you credit for. But keep making us laugh  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
cmackenzie4
March 13, 2013, 6:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from aaron rattray

Bring back 10p tax rate

Sell the taxpayers bank

Cut borrowing

Cut bankers bonuses

Aaron this is the post of the year mate, i especially like the bit were you would charge a fiver to watch the hangings.

Really made me giggle did this, keep up the good work mate. Hehehe

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
aaron rattray
March 13, 2013, 8:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Thanks barralad and mackenzie, it was all abit of fun, i don't have a clue about politics  

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
jock dock tower
March 13, 2013, 10:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Must admit it made have a wee chuckle as well, although I did think a fiver was pushing it in these times of austerity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
Marinerz93
March 14, 2013, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
There isn't the technology to drill for oil at Antartica yet especially as the ice can be up to 2 miles thick.  The oil that has been drilled in the south artic isn't a good enough grade to make a fortune out of it.

http://www.rockhopperexploration.co.uk/rockhopper/investors/reports.html

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
the ace face
March 15, 2013, 10:01am
Lager Top Drinker
we have everything needed in this country to make us self sufficient yet we over the years have allowed the infrastructure of industry i.e. coal,steel,oil,cars,farming to be run into the ground to placate our masters in Brussels.
now to  sort the country out  we need to get out of this stupid European union and get back to running our own country in our best interests.
lets put an end to unchecked immigration,foreign aid, we even give money to Indian who b.t.w can afford a space programme!
lets hit the leeches in london (bankers) etc with a 50% tax rate, they keep saying if we tax them too much they will move elsewhere,no they won't, this is a country of nearly 70 million mugs that are easily bullied into paying  through the nose for everything without complaint so they aren't gonna pass that one up are they?

the thing i find saddest is that our youngsters have very little hope for the future,i see them everyday doing agency work and i,m very concerned by their collective apathy.
i really worry whats going to happen when we get flooded by even more foreign parasites from Romania and Bulgaria
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
barralad
March 16, 2013, 12:35pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from the ace face
we have everything needed in this country to make us self sufficient yet we over the years have allowed the infrastructure of industry i.e. coal,steel,oil,cars,farming to be run into the ground to placate our masters in Brussels.
now to  sort the country out  we need to get out of this stupid European union and get back to running our own country in our best interests.
lets put an end to unchecked immigration,foreign aid, we even give money to Indian who b.t.w can afford a space programme!
lets hit the leeches in london (bankers) etc with a 50% tax rate, they keep saying if we tax them too much they will move elsewhere,no they won't, this is a country of nearly 70 million mugs that are easily bullied into paying  through the nose for everything without complaint so they aren't gonna pass that one up are they?

the thing i find saddest is that our youngsters have very little hope for the future,i see them everyday doing agency work and i,m very concerned by their collective apathy.
i really worry whats going to happen when we get flooded by even more foreign parasites from Romania and Bulgaria

I think you'll find that we certainly cannot produce enough of our own food which puts us at a massive economic disadvantage. We now have no industry to balance the books.....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
jock dock tower
March 16, 2013, 12:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
...and it wasn't the EU who poked our manufacturing base, 'twas the Great She Cow, in an act of vengeance against organised labour after the 3 day week in the 1970's. We can't produce anything any more bar lattes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
the ace face
March 17, 2013, 10:47am
Lager Top Drinker
...and it wasn't the EU who poked our manufacturing base, 'twas the Great She Cow, in an act of vengeance against organised labour after the 3 day week in the 1970's. We can't produce anything any more bar lattes.

don't get me started on that female dog thatcher,i will raise a glass when that particular enemy of the working classes keels over,long overdue imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
Marinerz93
March 17, 2013, 11:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Thatcher crippled me in a financial way as a young father of one child and one on the way on a low wage back when she brought out the poll tax.  She did however stand up to the yanks during the Falklands and because of the equipment we bought it shortened the conflict and saved British service personnel lives.  She also gave us a 12% pay rise after she realised that the Forces wages were miles behind the equivalent civilian pay.

Another reason why the rich get richer and the poor struggle is % pay rises.  This came out under Thatcher, this year the company will give it's employees 3% pay rise, the workers are happy because everyone is getting 3% seems fair.  What people didn't understand was 3% of a £100 is £3 but 3% of £200 is £6, the bosses were effectively getting twice as much, and over a period of time the gap just gets bigger and bigger. It created a wage creep for the higher paid positions, not fair and not right.

The reason why we stumble from party fudge up to another is because of the self interest and constant fudging with things that work to things that don't and then back again.  For all the brains in this country we should make certain positions ones were you need degrees and not if your face fits or you have got into a position for scratching someone's back.  Who was it that didn't even have an O'Level in Maths when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer, you wouldn't get this in private company and Gov.UK is the company looking after us.

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
FishOutOfWater
March 17, 2013, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93
Thatcher crippled me in a financial way as a young father of one child and one on the way on a low wage back when she brought out the poll tax.  She did however stand up to the yanks during the Falklands and because of the equipment we bought it shortened the conflict and saved British service personnel lives.  She also gave us a 12% pay rise after she realised that the Forces wages were miles behind the equivalent civilian pay.

Another reason why the rich get richer and the poor struggle is % pay rises.  This came out under Thatcher, this year the company will give it's employees 3% pay rise, the workers are happy because everyone is getting 3% seems fair.  What people didn't understand was 3% of a £100 is £3 but 3% of £200 is £6, the bosses were effectively getting twice as much, and over a period of time the gap just gets bigger and bigger. It created a wage creep for the higher paid positions, not fair and not right.

The reason why we stumble from party fudge up to another is because of the self interest and constant fudging with things that work to things that don't and then back again.  For all the brains in this country we should make certain positions ones were you need degrees and not if your face fits or you have got into a position for scratching someone's back.  Who was it that didn't even have an O'Level in Maths when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer, you wouldn't get this in private company and Gov.UK is the company looking after us themselves

Agree with most of that....just amended one little bit at the end
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 53
Marinerz93
March 17, 2013, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Agree with most of that....just amended one little bit at the end

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.