Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 84 Guests

It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

This thread currently has 4,664 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
hertfordshire mariner
March 5, 2013, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from oslohatter
Must be some stAlbans private school boy who wrote the article.
Luton is a dump yes, but there are areas with houses way over half million mark. You also have rough areas like your Immingham equivalents. But doesn't all towns?
I myself come from Islington London, a dump until the late 80s suddenly it become trendy to move there, just like Hoxton, Dalston now in neighbouring boroughs.

The town centre is just an average English town centre, that could be anywhere in the UK.

There are lots of worse places in the UK, Burnley, Preston, Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley, Barnstaple, Swindon, Grimsby (although i like it. But i then again i prefer going to Detroit than NY) lots of towns.

The crime is nowhere near as bad as Nottingham (stab city) Or Liverpool (theft city). Etc.

Not a Lutonian myself but think they need to jump on a train around the country instead of the lazy journalism!

the 2 places you mention are citys, big ones of course there crime is higher. unfortunately i have to visit luton quite a lot, and to be honest that artical is bang on  the money.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
sam gy
March 5, 2013, 1:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,512
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from the ace face

Freeman street is great,real pubs instead of urine-lager chain outlets populated by chavs looking for a fight, this is a tough hard drinking run down ex fishing community,but the people on the whole are friendly and genuine,try spending some time in london where everyone wants to fuc. each other up the ars. or rob you blind

I live in London and prior to that lived in Sheffield. Never once felt threatened walking down the street or out in pubs/clubs... I wish I could say the same for when I visit friends and family in my beloved home town, but I can't.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
barralad
March 5, 2013, 7:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from the ace face

imagine this..............people used to sweep up and wash their own house fronts!!! they didn't whine that the council didn't do it,it was called pride, pride in your appearance,pride in your house,pride in your street.......................but most importantly pride in your country. now tell me what do YOU feel proud about to be British? we go around as Americas lapdog getting involved in all sorts of wars,we stick our beaks in everyone's business,we let our old people die for fear of turning the heating on,we send aid to countries that have a poor human rights record,we care more about what other nations think to the detriment of our own people,our football team is a joke,and we are the "mugs" of the world...........apart from this everything is fine...................keep plodding on drones.

Problem solved in a flash (no pun intended). Give them all a bucket and a scrubbing brush and England will be restored to its former glory.
On a more serious note I'm not at all clear on the message you are attempting to put across here and in your other post. Grimsby certainly is still populated by majority white people yet there are parts of the town that are as scruffy as any of those that are depicted in the article. Have these white people lost their sense of pride? Surely you cannot be saying that the fact that some areas of the country have large ethnic populations has made our people give up the ghost?
We have a significant number of people who cannot cook for themselves, don't understand the meaning of the word housework, have absolutely no idea of financial priorities don't understand the work ethic and expect to be kept by the state. I'm fairly sure that there aren't too many of those "qualities" that apply to people from Asian backgrounds. It was Gandhi who said when asked what he thought about Western civilisation replied "I think it would be a good idea".
Perhaps some of our more "chavvy" citizens would do well to experience the standards that these people have brought from "home".

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
barralad
March 5, 2013, 7:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from somersetmariner
What was England like before the Second World War? I think you'll find it was pretty grotty, in fact can you think of a time in history when England was as clean as a whistle?

It's remarkable that this myth of England being a place where just about everyone lived in a lovely little cottage with roses round the door has stood the test of time. My grandparents lived in a two up two down terraced house in the urban sprawl of Manchester which even into the late sixties had no indoor toilet. The house next door was identical but that didn't stop nine people living there.
In 1936 whilst still chancellor of the exchequer Neville Chamberlain concluded that very little could be done about "The North" and as such it was a complete waste of money trying. The industrial centres of Britain saw average life expectancy amongst males as below 50.
I'm not awfully keen on seeing those times return...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
fiveallive
March 5, 2013, 7:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
That's why Scott Nielsen likes it he's at home with all the rats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 9:45am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Quoted from somersetmariner

So are you saying British people no longer take pride because of a foreign influx in britains population and our countries international policy?

no,not at all, what i'm trying to say is that a group of people that think its fine to stone women,blind their own children to make them more appealing as beggars,let children scavenge through rubbish dumps in their country of origin aren't going to be bothered about turning one of our towns into a similar doghole are they?
ok we have scruffy oiks here in lovely grimsby granted,but if i were living in a place like luton seeing it being turned into a "no-go" area for people of my background then i wouldn,t be over-concerned about it becoming a sh.thole would i? its a pity we can't all live together in some kind of multicultural utopian promised land but places like luton will become the norm in britain very soon.   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 9:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from barralad

It's remarkable that this myth of England being a place where just about everyone lived in a lovely little cottage with roses round the door has stood the test of time. My grandparents lived in a two up two down terraced house in the urban sprawl of Manchester which even into the late sixties had no indoor toilet. The house next door was identical but that didn't stop nine people living there.
In 1936 whilst still chancellor of the exchequer Neville Chamberlain concluded that very little could be done about "The North" and as such it was a complete waste of money trying. The industrial centres of Britain saw average life expectancy amongst males as below 50.
I'm not awfully keen on seeing those times return...

neither would i but the day to day values of hard work,cleanliness,respect for your surroundings,pride,doing the right thing wouldn't go amiss  today would they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
Byker_Groves
March 6, 2013, 5:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -2
Quoted from Marinerz93
Luton has also been saddled with a reputation as the epicentre of British terrorism.
The 7/7 bombers met in the town before launching their attack on London's transport system, while terror group Al-Muhajiroun was also based in the town.

The bit in Italics is worse than any rubbish bags dumped, druggies, chavs and rats doing what they want when they want.  The bit in italics is abhorrent and wouldn't happen here.  Luton is the pit of despair with those inhabitants.

And that's where those young Muslim gentlemen were harrasing 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment soldiers parading after their 2nd tour of Iraq in two years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
Marinerz93
March 6, 2013, 7:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Byker_Groves

And that's where those young Muslim gentlemen were harrasing 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment soldiers parading after their 2nd tour of Iraq in two years.

That's correct, they are big enough to do it here but when the rules of engagement are different that's a different matter  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
the ace face
March 6, 2013, 7:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Byker_Groves

careful,there are some on here that think those protesting against the royal anglians were just victims of the decadent wests  support of Israel.
if it were down to me i would have ordered the soilders to fire upon them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.