Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 86 Guests

It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

This thread currently has 4,662 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
March 5, 2013, 8:33am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
This is the economic mess we live in, councils are seeing budgets squeezed and they need to cut the cloth accordingly, once before in town i saw a council van and there was 3 council workers, 1 watering flowers, 1 having a homosexual and 1 eating a sarnie,  surely 1 person could water flowers?, as much i hate our council to be fair to them i do see litter pickers in town picking up litter

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
March 5, 2013, 8:41am
Guest User
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
They could have taken those photos in and around Grimsby/Cleethorpes: don't let's pretend our home town is perfect.

Your joking! that high street picture looks more like downtown Delhi.
Reply: 11 - 53
MyDogsThoughts
March 5, 2013, 8:44am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from 2578

I love a lively debate: seems my comment has hit a few nerves on here.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
oslohatter
March 5, 2013, 9:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Must be some stAlbans private school boy who wrote the article.
Luton is a dump yes, but there are areas with houses way over half million mark. You also have rough areas like your Immingham equivalents. But doesn't all towns?
I myself come from Islington London, a dump until the late 80s suddenly it become trendy to move there, just like Hoxton, Dalston now in neighbouring boroughs.

The town centre is just an average English town centre, that could be anywhere in the UK.

There are lots of worse places in the UK, Burnley, Preston, Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley, Barnstaple, Swindon, Grimsby (although i like it. But i then again i prefer going to Detroit than NY) lots of towns.

The crime is nowhere near as bad as Nottingham (stab city) Or Liverpool (theft city). Etc.

Not a Lutonian myself but think they need to jump on a train around the country instead of the lazy journalism!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 9:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Quoted from 2578

i wonder what the town would of looked like 40 years ago? probably nice,clean and relatively civilised.
its not just a coincidence when you watch t.v. shows like "the food inspectors" and see 99.9% of these shi.hole "restaurants" are owned and run by dodgy foreign types.
there is dirty verminous people in this town of course, but these foreign immigrants bring the kind of standards they had back "home" with them, its an un-p.c. home truth,every major city and town in england now is just a filthy ghetto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
somersetmariner
March 5, 2013, 10:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
What was England like before the Second World War? I think you'll find it was pretty grotty, in fact can you think of a time in history when England was as clean as a whistle?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 10:30am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from somersetmariner
What was England like before the Second World War? I think you'll find it was pretty grotty, in fact can you think of a time in history when England was as clean as a whistle?

imagine this..............people used to sweep up and wash their own house fronts!!! they didn't whine that the council didn't do it,it was called pride, pride in your appearance,pride in your house,pride in your street.......................but most importantly pride in your country. now tell me what do YOU feel proud about to be British? we go around as Americas lapdog getting involved in all sorts of wars,we stick our beaks in everyone's business,we let our old people die for fear of turning the heating on,we send aid to countries that have a poor human rights record,we care more about what other nations think to the detriment of our own people,our football team is a joke,and we are the "mugs" of the world...........apart from this everything is fine...................keep plodding on drones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
Dan
March 5, 2013, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Just go to the fishing heritage centre if you want to know what Grimsby was like. Infact, just go to Freeman Street and see what it's still like.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
the ace face
March 5, 2013, 10:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Dan
Just go to the fishing heritage centre if you want to know what Grimsby was like. Infact, just go to Freeman Street and see what it's still like.

Freeman street is great,real pubs instead of urine-lager chain outlets populated by chavs looking for a fight, this is a tough hard drinking run down ex fishing community,but the people on the whole are friendly and genuine,try spending some time in london where everyone wants to fuc. each other up the ars. or rob you blind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
somersetmariner
March 5, 2013, 10:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from the ace face

imagine this..............people used to sweep up and wash their own house fronts!!! they didn't whine that the council didn't do it,it was called pride, pride in your appearance,pride in your house,pride in your street.......................but most importantly pride in your country. now tell me what do YOU feel proud about to be British? we go around as Americas lapdog getting involved in all sorts of wars,we stick our beaks in everyone's business,we let our old people die for fear of turning the heating on,we send aid to countries that have a poor human rights record,we care more about what other nations think to the detriment of our own people,our football team is a joke,and we are the "mugs" of the world...........apart from this everything is fine...................keep plodding on drones.

So are you saying British people no longer take pride because of a foreign influx in britains population and our countries international policy?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Official, Luton is a Sh*t H*le!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.