grimsby pete
December 22, 2012, 1:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Les Brechin
Blimey. First time I've looked on here since last night and what's the first thread I see?

Criticisms and Worries!!!!

We're top of the bloody league for God sake, just enjoy the moment. I'm sure S&H will have contingency plans in place to replace Neilson.

My thoughts exactly  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
Mariner Ronnie
December 22, 2012, 1:05pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
i can't believe there is a thread of this O_o,

top of the league
beat one of the contenders for a top 5 finish
clean sheet (how many have we had now?!!)
and i believe also a very cracking atmosphere last night helped too well done to everyone who came

let's enjoy this spectacle, we haven't had much to sing about for a while

come on town!!!!!!!!!! UTM!!!!!!!!1

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
davmariner
December 22, 2012, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
We ground out a victory yes, which is fantastic and credit to the players for doing so but that doesn't mean that because we won we should automatically discount our weaknesses last night. At times we rode our luck IMO, for the last 30 mins of the first half Wrexham were in total control; a team with a striker capable of finishing would have really punished us.

I was sat in the Lower Findus towards the Pontoon side and as a poster has already said, Hatton was really poor in the first half for the reasons I stated in the OP and having overheard several conversations around me, others had noticed this weakness as well. To be honest, I don't recall him even making a successful tackle during the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as a previous poster claimed he had. I 100% disagree with people that say he's better than Bradley Wood - no way. Wood is defensively more solid than he is and to be honest I don't think Hatton offers that much more going forward than him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
arryarryarry
December 22, 2012, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
Have to agree about Hatton, Wood for me every game.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Les Brechin
December 22, 2012, 2:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from davmariner
We ground out a victory yes, which is fantastic and credit to the players for doing so but that doesn't mean that because we won we should automatically discount our weaknesses last night. At times we rode our luck IMO, for the last 30 mins of the first half Wrexham were in total control; a team with a striker capable of finishing would have really punished us.

I was sat in the Lower Findus towards the Pontoon side and as a poster has already said, Hatton was really poor in the first half for the reasons I stated in the OP and having overheard several conversations around me, others had noticed this weakness as well. To be honest, I don't recall him even making a successful tackle during the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as a previous poster claimed he had. I 100% disagree with people that say he's better than Bradley Wood - no way. Wood is defensively more solid than he is and to be honest I don't think Hatton offers that much more going forward than him.

I bet you'll be sat there on Christmas Day bemoaning the fact of all the expense of the day,  having a go that the turkey hasn't got 4 legs, and switching the lights off on the tree early to save on the leccy bill.

Enjoy the moment, we're top over Christmas and all negative thoughts should be put to one side.

At least until Boxing Day anyway.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
ruthinred
December 22, 2012, 2:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00

here is a criticism

what was it with some of your fans trying to kick off with genuine football fans after a game played in the right spirit ?

save it for boxing day with like minded people from Lincoln
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
gymadman
December 22, 2012, 2:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Quoted from ruthinred

here is a criticism

what was it with some of your fans trying to kick off with genuine football fans after a game played in the right spirit ?

And you don't have your own idiots in Wrexham, not condoning anything that may/may not have happened but it seems your just aggrieved about the result, with your moaning and sniping on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
mariner91
December 22, 2012, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from davmariner

Disagree. You can be as good at finishing as you like but if you get no clear cut chances you won't score. They didn't get many crosses in during that period in the first half and generally knocked it around 30 yards from goal without ever threatening to penetrate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
ruthinred
December 22, 2012, 3:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from gymadman

And you don't have your own idiots in Wrexham, not condoning anything that may/may not have happened but it seems your just aggrieved about the result, with your moaning and sniping on here

not true - you had that bit extra , and with Pond and Hannah are a better squad than us

in fact- I think you will win the league if you sign those two up and keep them fit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
mariner91
December 22, 2012, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from ruthinred

here is a criticism

A very small minority I'm sure but a minority that exist sadly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Criticisms and Worries

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.