December 22, 2012, 9:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,902
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from davmariner
Criticisms:

- Thought Hatton was very poor today - and Wrexham realised he was the weak link in our squad and tried to take advantage. Noticed that Morrell had been keeping an eye on him and probably realised that he was shite defensively. It wouldn't surprise me if Morrell had decided that he'd made a mistake with the team selection up front and feigned injury so that Cieslewicz could come on and hurt Hatton with his pace. Hatton is positionally unaware and on several occasions left it up to Marshall or Disley to challenge the winger on his flank whilst he was nowhere to be seen. He can't tackle to save his life and isn't particularly great going forward. Bring back Bradley!

Absolute horse shite.

Their manager feigned injury to come off and make a subsitution that was effective for all of 30 minutes? Are you on glue?

Cieslewicz is a very good player and it says a lot about the defence as a whole, but especially the two full backs, that Wrexham were limited to lumping hopeful crosses over and McKeown didn't have a save of note to make.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
chipsandgravy
December 22, 2012, 9:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,644
Gold Stars: 38
Just to remind some of your reviewers on last nights game that we were playing a ruddy good team and limited a free scoring team to half chances. No one was shite in my opinion including Hatton - it was a game where everybody contributed something to the cause. Niven got some stick last night but I tell you what he's my first name on the team sheet. He may let a few passes go astray but who ran 40 yards last night to break up a counter attack? The more intelligent fan will also note how he positions himself to stop passes. It was a thoroughly good team performance last night with passages of play for both teams. Don't know why we are always obsessed with finding someone who they believe was 'shite'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
jointhetrust
December 22, 2012, 9:45am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +12 / -1

I thought their wide right player kept Aswad occupied well most of game, but second half Aswad attacked more and this made a big difference.

Hatton and Marshall were ok for me, Marshall very promising early on but faded second half. Seems to lack confidence to shoot.  

Best quote on this thread; 'we were pretty much the same as wrexham'.  Yep, we cancelled each other out a bit, but they are a good side and we took the points, so can't complain.  

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 22, 2012, 10:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,789
Gold Stars: 82
I know what fans are saying re Hatton defensively but i thought this was more in latter part of first half when he was skinned twice. Big plus is he keeps the ball whereas Brad often gives it straight away.  For me it was great win and that is all that matters as we strive to regain league status. That said i thought is very predictable knocking long balls to Cook and would like to see this mixed up more with full backs taking ball from the keeper. Would also agree with all comments about loan players but expect Hannah to stay nielson to go and not sure about Pond although Miller very good player. Also expect some new arrivals in jan so next three games crucial if we are to win the league but play offs looking like a certainty. Will be in with home fans on Boxing Day which is a big shame but another win wil make it worthwhile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
aaron rattray
December 22, 2012, 10:24am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Hatton likes to hoof it, hes abit like gary silk

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
Phillycheese
December 22, 2012, 10:42am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Aswad Thomas poor? Poor? Poor? Can't be arsed? What on earth is the medication your on. Up and down the left flank, putting a foot in when it's needed. Then setting up the goal with a fantastic piece of skill to get past the defender and to deliver a cross which was put on a six pence. All that with your Achilles playing up. Ner sorry chief not having it. Well played Aswad tonight and well played GTFC, great game from two good sides. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
Les Brechin
December 22, 2012, 11:32am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Blimey. First time I've looked on here since last night and what's the first thread I see?

Criticisms and Worries!!!!

We're top of the bloody league for God sake, just enjoy the moment. I'm sure S&H will have contingency plans in place to replace Neilson.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
BIGChris
December 22, 2012, 12:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
Blimey. First time I've looked on here since last night and what's the first thread I see?

Criticisms and Worries!!!!

We're top of the bloody league for God sake, just enjoy the moment. I'm sure S&H will have contingency plans in place to replace Neilson.

I agree Les.

H&S brought in the loanees like Pond and Neilson and i think if either/both are to go then they will know who they want to replace them. They have a short list for every position.

Enjoy the fact we are top at Christmas. Judging by the predictions at the start of the season from the vast majority of posters the team have exceeded expectations
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
Marinerz93
December 22, 2012, 12:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
No player deserves any slagging off after giving their all against a very good and strong Wrexham side.  To slate a player when they are up against some of the best players in this league is dumbfounding.  We didn't lose, they didn't score, they also committed 11 fouls to our 5 and got away with at least another 4 to 5 fouls and some of their players should have seen at least 3 to 4 yellow cards.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
cod.gtfc
December 22, 2012, 12:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Disagree with most of that, Thomas was solid though he made a few mistakes going forward it was still his moment of quality that won us the three points.

Marshall wasn't at his best, most likely due to the fact we were playing a top side in this division, not going to be up against that every week and he has more than shown he is good enough so far.

Hatton I think is better than Wood, he is still defensively solid, has a quality free kick, and Chissle is a top player for about 20 minutes then becomes average as shown last night and the reason he is always on the bench. He may have had the pace to take on Hatton a few times but I still don't remember them creating a decent goalscoring oppotunity in the first half.

As for the loanees, Pond is top quality, but Miller has shown eveytime he has come in he is just as good and no problem with Miller and Pearson being first choice if that happens. Hannah is the most important I feel, as we showed before he came in that we lack chances to score without him, however you never know if Pearson stays fit and play's regularly he might be the player that won promotion  with Burton. As for Neilson, he's hit and miss for me, top quality and skill in abundance but at the same time, I think he is too good for us and this league and that is not always a good thing. We have a great team spirit and playing well together, having individual skillfull players dosn't always help. Whilst I'd love us to get all 4 loanees in, I'm not convinced we rely on them as much as some think except prehaps Hannah and his poaching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Criticisms and Worries

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.