Rick12
October 18, 2023, 2:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod
Lot of disappointed Jew haters still clinging to the hope it was Israel. Some people on here make me sick.
To be honest with you pal when I was out in Israel in 2018 I spoke to both groups eg Palestinians and Israelis and there were good people on both sides. Genuinely don't like to see both groups suffering terribly.

Can't see it personally( I maybe wrong and I note Biden has backed the Israeli view)  that it was the Israelis who caused the damage to the hospital in the recent atrocity. More likely to be Hamas with a misfired rocket as per press reports today .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 136
ska face
October 18, 2023, 2:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Rick12
To be honest with you pal when I was out in Israel in 2018 I spoke to both groups eg Palestinians and Israelis and there were good people on both sides. Genuinely don't like to see both groups suffering terribly.

Can't see it personally( I maybe wrong and I note Biden has backed the Israeli view)  that it was the Israelis who caused the damage to the hospital in the recent atrocity. More likely to be Hamas with a misfired rocket as per press reports today .

You can’t see that a military that has spent the last few days excessively bombing civilian areas and talking about committing ethnic cleansing would do exactly that?

Some people can’t be helped.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 136
codcheeky
October 18, 2023, 2:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

IDF claim there is no bomb crater and this is the dialogue [url] https://apple.news/A-bGmH6XZSy6mNa4y0S9dsQ [/url] easily fabricated mind, I expect.

There are also copies of a post on  X(Twitter) since deleted claiming responsibility from a senior Israeli . Not sure how to link the copy but I think it’s best to take all reports with a pinch of salt in times of war as has been said many times, “ the first casualty of war is the truth”. I only made my earlier post on having seen pictures of the damage the Hamas missiles have done in previous attacks. The press have their own agenda and owners in different countries and reporting will reflect this
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 136
Rick12
October 18, 2023, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

You can’t see that a military that has spent the last few days excessively bombing civilian areas and talking about committing ethnic cleansing would do exactly that?

Some people can’t be helped.
I've only been reading snippets of news as Ive been busy with work so appreciate your news input . Having said that I don't think you can trust any side completely. Both have  been guilty of war crimes in the past due to the brutal nature of war and some  soldiers  overstepping the mark. Think of military personnel working for the USA in Afghanistan who have a split second to decide whether to neutralise a child who could or couldn't be a terrorist bomber ?. Easy to throw slander when you haven't been in the thick of battle.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 136
mariner91
October 18, 2023, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Rick12
I've only been reading snippets of news as Ive been busy with work so appreciate your news input . Having said that I don't think you can trust any side completely. Both have  been guilty of war crimes in the past due to the brutal nature of war and some  soldiers  overstepping the mark. Think of military personnel working for the USA in Afghanistan who have a split second to decide whether to neutralise a child who could or couldn't be a terrorist bomber ?. Easy to throw slander when you haven't been in the thick of battle.  

It's also apparently very easy to remotely bomb civilians and people looking to escape when you're sat miles away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 136
Rick12
October 18, 2023, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

It's also apparently very easy to remotely bomb civilians and people looking to escape when you're sat miles away.

You have to reserve judgement though Mariner  as do I as to who was guilty until more evidence comes in on the hospital bombing.( I do have a lot of sympathy though for the jews which may cloud my judgment somewhat as throughout history they have suffered tremendously especially the Holocaust and they just want a place they can call home).  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67144061

When your in Israel though you realise its  another world to what were use to in  the West. I stayed  near Jerusalem and the call to prayer via the Muslim religion and Jewish way of bowing continuously as a form of prayer creates a rich vibrant society full of differing ideas. It would be nice one day though that the world could just have one world religion/ideology  and all peoples unite under the umbrella of kindness.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 136
codcheeky
October 18, 2023, 5:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12

You have to reserve judgement though Mariner  as do I as to who was guilty until more evidence comes in on the hospital bombing.( I do have a lot of sympathy though for the jews which may cloud my judgment somewhat as throughout history they have suffered tremendously especially the Holocaust and they just want a place they can call home).  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67144061

When your in Israel though you realise its  another world to what were use to in  the West. I stayed  near Jerusalem and the call to prayer via the Muslim religion and Jewish way of bowing continuously as a form of prayer creates a rich vibrant society full of differing ideas. It would be nice one day though that the world could just have one world religion/ideology  and all peoples unite under the umbrella of kindness.

Obviously it would have to be your god? The Jews, Christians and Islam are branches of the same religion and all have many subsets that do not get along at all. There is power in religion and none like giving it up to a rival.
For the most part people get along until the religious zealots stir up things.
It may be nice to live in a future that we live in a world without this unnecessary superstition having importance or relevance and live by moral codes instead of what unelected fundamentalists think is right and wrong
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 136
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 18, 2023, 5:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Rick12

It would be nice one day though that the world could just have one world religion/ideology  and all peoples unite under the umbrella of kindness.

…or just no religion 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 136
Rick12
October 18, 2023, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Obviously it would have to be your god? The Jews, Christians and Islam are branches of the same religion and all have many subsets that do not get along at all. There is power in religion and none like giving it up to a rival.
For the most part people get along until the religious zealots stir up things.
I like what the Guru Nanak of the Sikh religion said though. Roughly along the lines of there is no religious superiority over another eg Hindu over Muslim and vice versa. We are all one created by the event when the universe came into existence.

…or just no religion 😊
To be honest with you Knuts always had a lot of like for you. Even though your atheist you show a good natured side to you which I like .

Good on you pal 👍.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 136
Limerick Mariner
October 18, 2023, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137

…or just no religion 😊

And let the youth dance together and shag each other…

Shakespeare, Bernstein, The Undertones and Stiff Little Fingers - Teenage Kicks, Alternative Ulster and Barbed Wire Love…did the young punks of Northern Ireland care whether who was Protestant and who was Catholic, did they feck.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 136
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.