KingstonMariner
May 13, 2021, 6:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinerWY

For sure. I just genuinely think that when 1967 boundaries or even settlements just halted up till 2000 would go a huge way towards peace. Sure there might be the extreme faction still who would still want Israel wiped out but pretty sure I've seen research that suggests most Palestinians would accept a two state solution if settlement building stopped and Gaza was released from its mass imprisonment

Also the treatment of Arab population within Israel is disgusting

I think there will always be Palestinians who won’t give up, and Israel’s intransigence just stokes the fire. I get the Israelis concern that they are at risk of Palestinian attacks if they ‘give up’ territory, but that’s the consequence of the injustice.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 136
Maringer
May 13, 2021, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
No chance of anything like peace when you've got self-serving shits like Netanyahu running the show for his own benefit in Israel. He'll do anything he can to stay in power (helps him wriggle away from various charges of corruption) and either turning a blind eye or actively geeing on the right-wing Zionist groups will never allow things to settle down.

On the other side of the coin, this means that the Iran-dominated Palestinian authority and the militant groups operating in Gaza and the West Bank will also never stand down. With the current leaderships in both countries it's more likely to get worse than better any time soon. Netanyahu by far the main culprit, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 136
Humbercod
May 14, 2021, 8:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner
There’s an argument that even the 1967 boundaries represent a theft of Palestinian property in some areas. During the foundation of Israel many Palestinians were forced out of their homes to make way forward Jewish immigrants from Europe. That’s before you even begin to talk about the Occupied Territories and the more recent encroachments.

It’s been going on for thousands of years I’m sure the Jews were originally there first until the Muslims invaded. I thnk it’s best Israel continue with a ground attack and keep troops there once they’ve wiped out the leaders, like the allies in Germany after the war, this way they can monitor what’s coming in from the terrorist nation of Iran.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 136
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2021, 9:08am
Meths Drinker
Hello Binyamin! Haven’t you got too much on your plate to be posting on football message boards?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 136
Biccys
May 14, 2021, 11:23am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from DB

We all misread, not a problem. Peace

Very happy to admit when I'm wrong....😉

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 136
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2021, 4:33pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

It’s been going on for thousands of years I’m sure the Jews were originally there first until the Muslims invaded. I thnk it’s best Israel continue with a ground attack and keep troops there once they’ve wiped out the leaders, like the allies in Germany after the war, this way they can monitor what’s coming in from the terrorist nation of Iran.

Actually even the Bible says the Hebrews came from elsewhere to occupy what is now Israel. Abraham came from Ur (modern day Iraq) and the Canaanites were kicked out twice.

Imagine the Welsh coming and kicking you our of your house at gunpoint because 2000 years ago their ancestors farmed the land in what is now England.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 136
Rick12
May 14, 2021, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer
No chance of anything like peace when you've got self-serving shits like Netanyahu running the show for his own benefit in Israel. He'll do anything he can to stay in power (helps him wriggle away from various charges of corruption) and either turning a blind eye or actively geeing on the right-wing Zionist groups will never allow things to settle down.

On the other side of the coin, this means that the Iran-dominated Palestinian authority and the militant groups operating in Gaza and the West Bank will also never stand down. With the current leaderships in both countries it's more likely to get worse than better any time soon. Netanyahu by far the main culprit, however.
It was nice to read recently in a book on  King Hussein of Jordan that him and Yitzhak Rabin got on well and done so much good for peace in the middle east. Iam doubtful but I would like to see a peaceful solution to all of this turmoil that has been going on for so long.

Having been to the middle east myself its a rich melting pot of cultures and religions and its a huge shame to see deaths on both sides especially children dying  in this latest round of hostility's.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 136
ginnywings
May 15, 2021, 12:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
That's religion for ya.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 136
KingstonMariner
May 23, 2021, 7:49am
Meths Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 136
Nelly GTFC
May 25, 2021, 7:39am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 136
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.