LocalLadGTFC
April 22, 2024, 4:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Hagrid

You and I agree on most things- With the exception of Hunt-!

Does it sit right with you that the owners are actively dictating the way with play? Deeply uncomfortable with me, they are not football men, for me they shouldnt have any say in the style of football we play, or the types of player we are identifying

There's a reason David Moyes is being replaced by West Ham, despite numerous top half finishes and winning a European cup with them. Owners want managers that play nice football, i'd be concerned if Jason and Andrew were on cheapside dictating how he runs training or who plays where but they aren't. They have a footballing ethos they want to represent the club and DA is the man chosen to get us playing that way.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 120 - 159
crusty ole pie
April 22, 2024, 5:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from RonMariner

With the exception of a great season at Shrewsbury, his EFL record is not very impressive. However, his NL record is outstanding. He got us into the playoffs all five seasons that he was in sole charge. Should become available I would imagine he would be highly attractive to any ambitious NL club.

SCUNTHORPE  to complete the circle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 159
Theimperialcoroner
April 22, 2024, 7:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m surprised that you would keep someone who is not suited to playing the ‘game style’ the owners want.

Hunt is simply not good enough. Another of those who are better when not playing here.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 159
Theimperialcoroner
April 22, 2024, 7:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hunt is under contract. Green is out of contract.

Doesn’t mean a lot really. If we don’t see a future in Hunt he’ll be gone to a club at his level.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 159
Norseman
April 23, 2024, 12:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 48
Ryan Bennet is a free agent .Lives in Gy .Rumours hurst didnt want him but hes gone Might be worth a punt .Especially if Artell wants footballing centre backs .Having played at the highest level and still only 34 he should find this level well wumithin his capabilities
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 159
Norseman
April 23, 2024, 12:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Norseman
Ryan Bennet is a free agent .Lives in Gy .Rumours hurst didnt want him ,but he's gone .Might be worth a punt .Especially if Artell wants footballing centre backs .Having played at the highest level , and still only 34 he should find this level well within his capabilities

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 159
denni266
April 23, 2024, 6:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Would be a no brainer to try and sign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 159
The Dogs Testicles
April 23, 2024, 6:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -111
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Norseman
Ryan Bennet is a free agent .Lives in Gy .Rumours hurst didnt want him but hes gone Might be worth a punt .Especially if Artell wants footballing centre backs .Having played at the highest level and still only 34 he should find this level well wumithin his capabilities

Are we going through this all again??!! 😂🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 159
It Bites
April 23, 2024, 7:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

There's a reason David Moyes is being replaced by West Ham, despite numerous top half finishes and winning a European cup with them. Owners want managers that play nice football, i'd be concerned if Jason and Andrew were on cheapside dictating how he runs training or who plays where but they aren't. They have a footballing ethos they want to represent the club and DA is the man chosen to get us playing that way.

West Ham will be fighting relegation in 2 years and begging someone like moyes to save them .

Grimsby Town . Will always be fighting relegation too if “ The Grimsby Way “ project is allowed to continue. You end up with a manager becoming a yes man . You should trust people to do their job and trust a football manager to do it in the best way to get results with the players you have .
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 159
sam gy
April 23, 2024, 8:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
We did that, it ended up with Hurst assembling one of the worst Town squads in years with one of the best budgets we’ve had in years. And not being able to get a tune out of them at all.

Even last season where we finished in our highest position in years, a huge amount of fans on here and socials were complaining about the poor standard of football.

I think it’s good ownership/management to have a plan and I imagine most decent clubs in our league operate in the same way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Now the inquest

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.