3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
May 10, 2023, 11:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,654
Gold Stars: 539

The difficulty arises because of the variable nature of away support. In this current climate (shortage of home seats) I would prefer temporary seats built say between the Pontoon and the Main stand to house the minimum number of away fans permissible, say 1000 or thereabouts. However many away fans come, we have the certainty of all of the Osmond being available for home fans instead of this constant chopping and changing.    

All the home stands then become available for season tickets, and walk-ups and give us maximum home fans.

All this is a moot point anyway as the owners do not seem to be galvanised to do something about it, for reasons not yet clear.  

Aye, that's not a bad shout either.  Although it would be a shared turnstile area with the Main Stand for that.  Not a problem for me personally but not sure if you have to have some sort of segregation for it.  

I think ideally you would want the police box moving elsewhere and the Pontoon and the Main Stand joined up (even if a little disjointed) to a) maximise your capacity in that area but also b) keep the atmosphere a large bulk of the ground rather than getting swallowed up by the open corners.

Stockwood said something post game about a significant amount of money going into the ground for essential work.  Whilst some of that will be required by law, I can't imagine they're just happy to spend serious money on treading water.  I would suspect that improvements are planned to coincide with the essential works too.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Average home attendance 22-23

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.