3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
May 9, 2023, 2:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,664
Gold Stars: 147
I’m intrigued as to the numbers of resale tickets for matches this last season. Wonder if any figures will be released?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Limerick Mariner
May 9, 2023, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

Considerably higher than 97/98, would you believe. 2002 is the slightly unexpected correct answer.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/grit.htm

Indications are that clubs with new or well redeveloped grounds tend revert to their early 60s attendance levels for their current status in the pyramid. There were fewer away fans save for local derbies then but now we have more limited availability of away tickets so perhaps cancels out. Our early 60s average for 3rd tier, 7,200 - 9,500, looks eminently achievable for us, with the right stadium, be it new or a rebuilt BP. That’s people in the ground not the Donny kind of “attendance”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
diehardmariner
May 9, 2023, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539

I think whatever the away allocation needs to be (is it 10%) we should provide that with temporary covered seating in a corner, and leave all the stands for home fans. That way we can sell season tickets in the Osmond and Osmond corner. I am assuming we can get 900 or thereabouts temporary seats into one of the corners?

It would need some investment in temporary seating initially but would be worth it.

According to the official site the official capacity is 9,031, which means we would need 903 seats available to away fans. The only stand that comes near that figure (either above or below) is the Lower which has 826.  I only tend to go over there for the odd youth team game so not all that clued up on the entrance/exit but I think this would largely be unworkable due to shared access, also the fanzone location could cause further segregation issues there (would that also be the case if we chucked some temp seating in the corner between the Osmond and the Smiths?

As (if) we increase the capacity, the actual figure attached to that away max goes up too.  I'm in all favour of chucking some sort of temp. seating in the corners but if that adds 2000 onto the capacity then that's another 200 seats we have to make available to away fans.

The Osmond combined holds 1884, if you break it into the corner it's not enough but if you give the main section it's often too much.  There's no real option really but to have it as a flexible stand, tickets made available depending on how many away fans are coming.  

I don't know the exact figures, but would a better option be to give away fans the corner of the Osmond and segregate that far end of the Main Stand (up to the first entrance tunnel nearest the Osmond corner) when needed.  Both elements can be accessed/departed via the Osmond entrance on Harrington Street. [img]https://footballgroundmap.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/photos/blundell-park40838l.jpg[/img]

Because you've got a natural divide between the two stands that could (and this is all could, would and should) be used more efficiently in the event of sides not taking a full allocation and whilst taking away some home capacity in the Main does free up the whole of the main bulk of the Osmond and leaves the 3 open corners for home capacity development.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Limerick Mariner
May 9, 2023, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

According to the official site the official capacity is 9,031, which means we would need 903 seats available to away fans. The only stand that comes near that figure (either above or below) is the Lower which has 826.  I only tend to go over there for the odd youth team game so not all that clued up on the entrance/exit but I think this would largely be unworkable due to shared access, also the fanzone location could cause further segregation issues there (would that also be the case if we chucked some temp seating in the corner between the Osmond and the Smiths?

As (if) we increase the capacity, the actual figure attached to that away max goes up too.  I'm in all favour of chucking some sort of temp. seating in the corners but if that adds 2000 onto the capacity then that's another 200 seats we have to make available to away fans.

The Osmond combined holds 1884, if you break it into the corner it's not enough but if you give the main section it's often too much.  There's no real option really but to have it as a flexible stand, tickets made available depending on how many away fans are coming.  

I don't know the exact figures, but would a better option be to give away fans the corner of the Osmond and segregate that far end of the Main Stand (up to the first entrance tunnel nearest the Osmond corner) when needed.  Both elements can be accessed/departed via the Osmond entrance on Harrington Street. [img]https://footballgroundmap.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/photos/blundell-park40838l.jpg[/img]

Because you've got a natural divide between the two stands that could (and this is all could, would and should) be used more efficiently in the event of sides not taking a full allocation and whilst taking away some home capacity in the Main does free up the whole of the main bulk of the Osmond and leaves the 3 open corners for home capacity development.

Very sensible plan if the police box could be demolished and the Harrington St corner developed with a demountable stand. It’s ridiculous that we have the police box blighting that side of the ground - how many other stadia have to have a structure in a such a prime position?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
MarinerWY
May 9, 2023, 3:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47

According to the official site the official capacity is 9,031.

Does anyone know what our actual home capacity is (for both when we have corner of Osmond and when we don't?)

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
HerveJosse
May 9, 2023, 5:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from MarinerWY

Does anyone know what our actual home capacity is (for both when we have corner of Osmond and when we don't?)

No no one does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Limerick Mariner
May 9, 2023, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

No no one does

Take the Forest attendance and knock off the away fans. 7,150. About 500 in the Osmond corner.

I’ve spent more time in the Main this season than any season since 1979/80. I was looking at the roof structure in one of the dull moments in the game yesterday. Every possible type of roof structural member that there is in the world and it has them, rafters, joists, purlins, collar ties, all sorts of feckin bits of wood and metal going in all directions that I had to learn the names of years ago and have never really had to know since. And at the back these structural elements have got bits of that reflective tape stuck on them to stop people walking into them. It’s incredible that we have been able to carry on using it with 2,200 capacity for this long. I wonder how many were in the Main for the Everton and Wolves games in 79 - must have been pushing 6k, mostly standing of course. Thankfully my bladder was better in those days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
lew chaterleys lover
May 9, 2023, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,744
Gold Stars: 237

The difficulty arises because of the variable nature of away support. In this current climate (shortage of home seats) I would prefer temporary seats built say between the Pontoon and the Main stand to house the minimum number of away fans permissible, say 1000 or thereabouts. However many away fans come, we have the certainty of all of the Osmond being available for home fans instead of this constant chopping and changing.    

All the home stands then become available for season tickets, and walk-ups and give us maximum home fans.

All this is a moot point anyway as the owners do not seem to be galvanised to do something about it, for reasons not yet clear.  
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
HerveJosse
May 9, 2023, 7:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Take the Forest attendance and knock off the away fans. 7,150. About 500 in the Osmond corner.

I’ve spent more time in the Main this season than any season since 1979/80. I was looking at the roof structure in one of the dull moments in the game yesterday. Every possible type of roof structural member that there is in the world and it has them, rafters, joists, purlins, collar ties, all sorts of feckin bits of wood and metal going in all directions that I had to learn the names of years ago and have never really had to know since. And at the back these structural elements have got bits of that reflective tape stuck on them to stop people walking into them. It’s incredible that we have been able to carry on using it with 2,200 capacity for this long. I wonder how many were in the Main for the Everton and Wolves games in 79 - must have been pushing 6k, mostly standing of course. Thankfully my bladder was better in those days.

Shush don’t let English Heritage hear that or they will list it and then we wil be  copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
lukeo
May 10, 2023, 7:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
If season tickets go well then we should look to just give away fans the corner no matter who they are if there is enough percentage of seats in the corner... So what if they could bring 1k+. Take the risk of hoping we will atleast half fill the osmond most games. Obviously I'm not aware of logistics regarding toilets and food vendors in the osmond so not sure how easy or possible it is.

*I would then allocate the middle block of the osmond as the 'singing section'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Average home attendance 22-23

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.